Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

How Much Weight Have You LOST?

Replies

• ks4e
    ks4e Posts: 374 Member
    I've had 2 children and I seem to get stuck at the same weight for a while before losing.

So beginning with my first pregnancy, here are my stats:

Height: 5'1"
    Pre-pregnancy: 110 lbs
    Delivery 40 weeks: 145
    2 weeks PP: 130

Never got back to pre-pregnancy weight.

Second pregnancy:

Pre-pregnancy: 120 lbs
    Delivery at 40 weeks: 142
    2 weeks post partum: 136

And I am exclusively BFing but the weight isn't melting off. My daughter is now 8 months old. I consume around 2000 calories a day to keep my supply up.
  • rubybeach
    rubybeach Posts: 529 Member
    5'5"
    Pre pregnancy 144
    Highest Pregnancy weight 176
    2 weeks postpartum 156
    10 weeks postpartum 152

It took 8 weeks to lose 4 lbs! And it was all in weeks 7-10 when I started a dairy free diet.
    I'm breastfeeding...
    Still need to lose and barely get exercise as little one gas colic and needs to be held round the clock.
  • heathermora11
    heathermora11 Posts: 154 Member
    Happy Friday! Weekly weigh in day for me :) Baby girl is three weeks old, nursing is going well, we are having lots of fun! I had two goals this week : get in 4 good walks and don't GAIN any weight :) met both goals!

pre-preg weight: 114 lb (5'2'')
    full term weight: 136 lbs (+22 lbs total during pregnancy)

1 day post delivery: -9.5 lbs (baby weighed 7lbs6oz)
    1 week pp: -11 lbs (11 lbs from goal)
    2 weeks pp: -13 lbs (9 lbs from goal)
    3 weeks pp: -14.5 lbs (7.5 lbs from goal)

This week I had a calorie goal of 1850 and I walked 30-60 minutes each day, pushing the double BOB :)
    How was your week??
  • prplrose33
    prplrose33 Posts: 78 Member
    5'6"
    Pre-pregnancy weight: 154 (lost almost 50 lbs after giving birth to my first baby)
    39w3d: 196 (was 222 with my first baby- so overall I wasn't to bummed about this)
    1 week pp: 178 (and I stalled here for a long time)
    Baby # 2 is now almost 12 weeks and I'm only down to 174

I have my calorie goal set at 1500 + 500 for breastfeeding. I exercise 6-7 days a week (walking/pushing a double stroller, riding my stationary bike, and/or an ab/squat workout).

My goal is to get down to 145, but with my first I was not able to lose weight until I stopped breastfeeding. Right now being able to breastfeed my baby is more important than losing weight. I find that if I cut too many calories my supply will drop. Some weeks I notice the scale moving in the right direction and other weeks I gain. It's really hard to not be able to fit into the clothes that I had previously worked so hard to get into, but today I took all of my "fat" clothes and gave them to a friend that is also trying to lose weight. I had kept them in case I could use them as maternity clothes, but even at 9 months pregnant they were still too big. A huge NSV for me!!! :)
  • heathermora11
    @prplrose: LOVE your NSV of not needing the "fat clothes" during maternity. What a great feeling!
  • Artemis726
    Artemis726 Posts: 587 Member
    Height: 5'5"

Pre-pregnancy weight: 135-137
    Delivery day weight: 180 lbs- despite really watching my calories and working out- baby girl born at 37 weeks weight 6lbs 3oz
    A few days after delivery: 172 lbs Bummer- lots of IV fluids and I was so swollen
    6 weeks post partum: 156 lbs
    Current- 153.4

Exclusively breastfeeding and baby is 4 months old now. Weight loss is very slow, as you can see! It's frustrating, but I know that this weight range is where my body loves to hang out, and I am more focused on eating enough to feed the baby. I usually eat around 2000 calories a day.
  • kellykneppergrundy
    kellykneppergrundy Posts: 234 Member
    Pre-pregnancy weight: 158
    Delivery weight: 181 (+23 pounds)
    3 weeks postpartum: 172
    4 weeks postpartum: 172 (14 pounds to goal)

Over a week meeting my calorie goals and no weight lost. I'm eating too much junk and need to exercise but I don't see that happening until my big one goes back to school. I'm going to reduce my calories a bit more this week and we'll see if that helps.
    If not than I might have to hang out at this weight until breastfeeding starts to reduce a bit. :(
  • FitMama2013
    FitMama2013 Posts: 913 Member
    pre-pregnancy: 207
    day of delivery: 252
    2 weeks pp: 231
    7 months pp: 235 (yeah, not a typo, unfortunately).

I'm EBF my babe and eating like crap, so I'm still 28 pounds from pre-pregnancy weight and still have much more to go after that. I'm starting Whole30 on 9/1 to break the sugar addiction, so I hope I have a better report for you ladies at 9 months pp :)
  • heathermora11
    Friday Weigh In! Baby is one month old tomorrow. I think any big losses are over, now for the slow and steady (hard work!) part. I see my midwife on Monday and hopefully will get the go-ahead to start running again. Maybe that will help the last 7lbs to come off? Or maybe they will stick around until I am done breastfeeding? I am interested to see :)

full term weight: 136 lbs (+22 lbs total during pregnancy)
    1 day pp: 126.5 lb (lost 9.5 lbs, baby weighed 7lbs6oz)
    1 week pp: 125 lbs (11 lbs from goal) - ate 2000 cal this week
    2 weeks pp: 123 lbs (9 lbs from goal) - ate 2000 cal, walked 1-2 times
    3 weeks pp: 121.5 lbs (7.5 lbs from goal) - dropped to 1850 calories, walking 30-60 min /day
    4 weeks pp: 121.2 lb (7.2 lbs to go!) - still tried for 1850 cals, but went over a few days and didn't walk much
  • kellykneppergrundy
    kellykneppergrundy Posts: 234 Member
    Pre-pregnancy weight: 158
    Delivery weight: 181 (+23 pounds)
    3 weeks postpartum: 172
    4 weeks postpartum: 172 (14 pounds to goal)
    5 weeks postpartum: 171 (13 pounds to goal)

Reduced calories by 200, which seems to have worked. For now at least!
  • MadgieDO
    MadgieDO Posts: 8 Member
    Pre-pregnancy 143 lbs height 5' 5"
    40 weeks 4 days (delivery): 178 lbs
    PP day 1: 165
    PP week 1: 155
    PP week 3: 158 (where I am now)

Trying to maintain under 160 until my 6 weeks with breastfeeding fully establishing still. I lost about 20 lbs before getting pregnant with MFP. Not really ready to start trying to lose necessarily but moreso just want to track my intake to make sure I get a healthy balance of foods with breastfeeding and recovery at this point. Haven't braved trying to get into my fat jeans even yet..still rockin my maternity pants.
  • Sjenny5891
    Sjenny5891 Posts: 717 Member
    Not that anyone needs to stress about it, but for those who are interested or enjoy the accountability, I thought a thread dedicated to losing the baby weight might be fun. It is interesting to see how much people lose initially, how long it takes to get back to pre-pregnancy weight, etc.

Here are my stats so far, my baby is two weeks old tomorrow! We are having a blast :)

pre-pregnancy weight: 114 lbs. total gain at 40 weeks/delivery: +22 lbs. baby weighed 7 lb 6 oz :)
    1 day post delivery: -9.5 lbs (12.5 lbs from goal)
    1 week pp: -11 lbs (11 lbs from goal)
    2 weeks pp: -13 lbs (9 lbs from goal)

I am still figuring out how many calories i need right now. 1400 for me, 500 for exclusively breast feeding? So 1900 total? As for exercise, I got in two good, 30 minute walks, pushing the double stroller. Hoping to make it three or four this next week!
    Probably won't start running until at least 4 weeks; stitches are still healing!

Hope everyone else is doing well and enjoying their beautiful babies!

THIS BABY...
    Pre pregnancy weight: around 155
    Weight at delivery: somewhere around 210
    Weight 4 weeks pp: 190 (start of MFP)
    weight at 1yo: 130
    Weight after 16mo: 115
  • jcgutierrez
    jcgutierrez Posts: 53 Member
    prepregnancy weight 189
    delivery day weight 252
    post part 230
    1 year later 215

I have PCOS and it has been tremendouly hard to get me hormones to get together. I was doing a wonderful job before becoming pregnant but despite excersie and 1460 calories, plus excersie calories (which was what I was doing before) i have not moved very much. But I guess somehtin in better than nothing. 26 pound to go to reach prepregnancy weight, and 55 to reach my ultimate goal!
  • symba1130
    symba1130 Posts: 248 Member
    H = 5' 7"
    Pre- Pregnancy Weight = 147
    Delivery at 40W (came on due date) = 189 (42lb gain)
    2 weeks PP = 166 (Down 23lbs), baby was 8lbs 3oz

147 was the lowest I have EVER been that I can remember. I can fit most pre pregnancy tops, but I admit the jello tummy is a hard one to deal with. Bottoms are either maternity or workout clothes for fit and comfort. I am breastfeeding/pumping and have my settings for 2000cal/day + 500 for BF. I go back to work in 6 weeks and am hoping to start my workout regime back around that time or at the 6 week checkup.
    I have been walking about 15-30 minutes at a time a few days a week, don't want to push too hard since I am still healing with stiches, etc after delivery. Im sure I burn some calories with all the cleaning I seem to do keeping up with a newborn, 3.5yo and hubby! LOL.
  • spunkychelsea
    spunkychelsea Posts: 316 Member
    5'3"
    Pre-Pregnancy: 147 (I was 157 before my son, so this was better, but not great)
    40.7 weeks pregnant: 193 (yep 46 lbs)
    2 months pp (first time I stepped on a scale): 171 (-22lbs from birth)
    Almost 8 months pp: 136 (-57 lbs and -11 from pre pregnancy weight).

I'm pleased, but I would love to lose another 11 lbs. I am finally healthy BMI though!

I eat 1600-1700 calories a day. My daughter is 8 months so I don't need the 500 calories, plus I'm not very active (besides chasing the 2 year old boy and the 8 month crawling girl).
  • rosy003
    rosy003 Posts: 251 Member
    10 weeks pp and haven't lost any weight in at least 6 weeks. Only 7 lbs to go, but I'm annoyed that the scale isn't moving. But I completed stage 1 of nrolfw and doubled my strength in shoulder press and lunges!
  • katyanne15
    katyanne15 Posts: 92 Member
    my baby is 3 :) I have had 3 and am slowly getting back to prepregnancy. I have lost the weight gained from baby number 3 and baby number 2.... I have about 20 more to go to get back to what I was before baby number 1 :) who is almost 10!!!! So you ladies try hard to get it off now!!!! so much easier than waiting 10 years and adding more with more babies. i have lost 50 lbs this year through beach body programs. turbrofire, insanity, combat, and now t25. these programs work and are so fun and motivating. anyone in need of a program??? I became a beachbody coach to help others like me who need a little extra push and motivation to get the job done everyday. follow me on facebook if you'd like. katy atkinson fitness.

good job ladies, keep it up!!!!

www.katydoesfitness.com
  • JaclynnGail
    JaclynnGail Posts: 204 Member
    Pre-pregnancy: 137

Day the baby was born: 182

Right after delivery: 165

Current: 161

Baby is 8 months old...breastfed...extremely, extremely frustrated. Booooo.
  • RBXChas
    RBXChas Posts: 2,708 Member

I know, BFing isn't the awesome weight loss tool that it's cracked up to be (at least not for everyone)! I'm right there with you on that one.
  • JaclynnGail
    JaclynnGail Posts: 204 Member
    I know! Maybe it would have been, if I would have eaten the same way I ate before getting pregnant...but holy cow...I am STARVING all the time! I'll wake up in the middle of the night to feed Bug with pangs of hunger so bad that I have to go to the kitchen and have a small glass of chocolate milk or some cereal just to make it until the morning...haha!

I know, BFing isn't the awesome weight loss tool that it's cracked up to be (at least not for everyone)! I'm right there with you on that one.