The ye ol' welcome post.

Options

Replies

• ClarisRN
    ClarisRN Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Insanity is the *kitten*. I originally bought it for my husband in 2009. He's been doing Insanity off and on since then, while I sat back and watched him strain, sweat and yell. I thought he was "insane" but results were amazing. He's an outrageously fit man, but Insanity brought it to another level. He still works out in the gym, does CrossFit and other programs but he always returns to Insanity for the intense, high impact exercises. I recently joined him in March 2013 and I've never felt better! Starting off with such a crazy program makes everything else feel like cake! I can 2 miles non-stop now; I can keep up with other exercise routines and programs confidently. Insanity is a huge challenge, so it really makes everything else seem not as bad. I keep comparing it and repeating it because it's honestly that true. Insanity is BANANAS but I love it. I love Shaun T. for bringing the insane inside my home.
  • alysslyss7
    alysslyss7 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone - I am onto my 2nd week of insanity. I'm down 2 inches in both my waist and hips, and down 2.5 lbs. One thing: I'm worried that I haven't been sore at all lately? I'm not complaining but perhaps I should be pushing myself more or maybe my body just recoups well?
  • nehtaeh
    nehtaeh Posts: 2,977 Member
    Options
    Hi all!

I'm in the middle of my recovery week. :smile: I'm lovin this program. It's tough and pushes me. I've previously been a Chalene Johnson fan (still am) but have a new love for Shaun T. They are different instructors and both have their reasons for being awesome.
  • exealous
    exealous Posts: 10
    Options
    Heya all,

Just completed Day 2 (not incl fit test) - and it's true to its word... it is insane! :D But the good type of insane. Looking forward to tomorrows workout. :)
  • biscuitfail
    Options
    Hi everybody, I am on my rest day of week 1. My god does my body hate me. However, I have lost about 15 pounds in the past two weeks and I feel so much better throughout the day (besides the obvious muscle soreness). I could use some more MFP buddies if anyone is interested.

Looking forward to getting my butt kicked by Insanity.
  • amina_a10
    amina_a10 Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone. :) I'm starting recovery week tomorrow! Excited and nervous for month 2... Feel free to add me as a friend :)
  • fishnr2
    fishnr2 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone,
    I'm on week 2. I'm loving it so far. I do it in the morning and I'm SO awake. WOW!

good luck you all
  • ynotpray
    ynotpray Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I'm on week FOUR of Insanity and I am SO tired! lol But I am hanging in there! :):smooched:
  • newlifestyle4me2day
    Options
    I just finished week 1 today and I feel pretty confident. :)
  • KateK8LoseW8
    KateK8LoseW8 Posts: 824 Member
    Options
    Did the Fit Test yesterday and first full workout today! It was AMAZING! I've never had my *kitten* kicked so hard by a workout. Excited to keep going!
  • sgtbrown
    sgtbrown Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    I was surprised by the fit test too! I finished Insanity in July, and am now doing T25. I plan to do Insanity a 2nd time, or do "Asylum", after completing T25. Keep with it! it is an awesome workout that actually works!
  • SamiBoBambi
    Options
    Hey there! This is round 1 of Insanity for me and I'm just starting week 2. I'm excited to see my results at the end of the program!
    Feel free to add me!
  • magzarn
    magzarn Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    hi,

first day today, its going to be an awesome challenge but am def looking forward to it..

=)
  • jmy1975
    jmy1975 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    I started Aug 31, 2013. I tried it before in Dec 2012 but didn't see results so quit after 4 weeks. I am trying it again and am determined to finish the whole program. So far it is going well and I am oairing it with a healthier diet this time.
  • paobala
    Options
    this is my 3rd day doing insanity, this is SOO hard!!! my muscles hurt i hope i can finish it!!
  • MamaMaryC
    MamaMaryC Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone. My name is Mary. I am 31 years old, married, and have 3 children. I started Insanity yesterday. I have already done today's workout. So far it is not as bad as I prepared myself for. Don't get me wrong... it is tough and I hurt, esp. my legs. Oh gosh, my legs. LoL. :D Can't wait to get more into this. Even if it gets more painful. I need to get this baby belly gone!
  • lmissinsanity
    Options
    Pure cardio for me today.... My one hamstring is feeling a little tender.... Does anyone have an additional stretching programme that they use?
  • Anuchus
    Options
    Hi!!! My name is Ana and I will be starting the program on Monday! :)
    Does anyone want to join me and start on Monday as well?
  • Lettylj
    Lettylj Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Just a quick note to introduce myself.

Am 32 and due to start Insanity Programme next Monday planing on doing fit test on Saturday. I am hoping to slim into my size 8 jeans by New Year.

I'm hoping to get morale support through this group as well as logging progress through MFP and Endomondo.
  • heatherlking
    heatherlking Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Quick note to introduce myself.
    I am a 34 year old mom of 2 boys ages 9 and 5. I just completed Insanity last week and began Insanity Asylum this week. I had pretty good success with Insanity and now looking to improve even more with Asylum. Asylum takes Insanity to a whole other level! It's tough, but I do love it!!