Like Minded Lushes Septermber 2013

Options

Replies

• mcanavan05
    mcanavan05 Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    Who here finds the weekend 12+ pack or a weeknite or two 6 pack slows their weight loss journey? I think 2 beers in me throws off my whole week to drop 1lb even.. Anyone else?
  • kblue2007
    kblue2007 Posts: 2,564 Member
    Options
    mcanavan-when i joined in 2011 i could drink every night and it didn't affect my weight loss. since i have gained some weight back, it doesn't matter what i do....drink, dont drink, it doesn't matter i still don't lose :laugh: :sad: I have learned so much about exercise and healthy living from this site that weight loss isn't the most important thing to me anymore, its more about taking care of my body...so that's my excuse :wink:

Amy: Dexter, Boardwalk Empire, the Bridge, Ray Donavan, at the moment....also love the Killing, True Blood (although last season was a bit lack luster). We watch a ridiculous amount of TV. The ones I just mentioned are the first ones that popped into my head!!!!!!! :laugh:
  • mcanavan05
    mcanavan05 Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    Interesting.. what did you lose since 11 if you dont mind me asking!?

Random shows:

Dukes of Hazzard, Captain Kangaroo, Crazy like a Fox, Hunter, Golden Girls, Gilliagan's Island
  • kblue2007
    Options
    I never had a lot to lose, just vanity lbs really. My original goal was 10lbs, I lost 6lbs with tons of cardio and decided I didn't need to lose anymore. Once I started using weights my weight increased and I ended up at my MFP starting weight but was leaner and happier than ever, then I had a knee injury last year and I am currently 4lbs above my comfort level. Congrats on your 25lbs, btw!
  • rjadams
    rjadams Posts: 4,060 Member
    Options
    I watch way too much tv. I like cooking competition stuff like Master Chef, Top Chef and stuff. When the new season starts I watch NCIS, NCISLA, Criminal Minds, Bones, Elementary, stuff like that. I also watch stupid stuff like Big Brother, the Amazing Race and of course Survivor. Its a good thing that the dreadmill is centered on the TV so I at least move my *kitten* while I am eroding my brain. Still stuck in my vodka rut. I hope to be working on the yard this weekend. Next weekend we will get our fake grass.

It was hot here yesterday, warm today and it is supposed to be awesome this weekend and then rainy next week.

Way to go on the unintentional Sober September, Syd.
  • KANGOOJUMPS
    KANGOOJUMPS Posts: 6,472 Member
    Options
    I am on my 2nd hot toddy, the whole family is sick,
  • Kat120285
    Kat120285 Posts: 1,599 Member
    Options
    Husband and I watch Sons. As well as Dexter, Ray Donovan, Mad Men, Breaking Bad and I've got some other shows I watch that he doesn't. I am pretty pissed they aren't doing a 4th season of The Killing because I love that show and they didn't even wrap it up and with my other shows ending (Dexter and Breaking Bad) I think it's crap they're ending yet another good show but keep the sh*tty shows around :grumble: I am looking forward to Bones being back and I hope to dear god they finally get Palant, I hate that guy :mad:
  • kblue2007
    Options
    I watch a lot of cooking shows too. Top Chef is my fav, but I will basically watch anything on food network...with a few exceptions!!!!
    I didn't know the Killing wasn't coming back...that makes me bummed out. I love that show!!!

Monday-0
    Tuesday-1 smallish margarita
    Wednesday-1 smallish margarita, 1oz shot of vodka and 3oz of wine
    Thursday-3 manhattans
    Tonight we are going to movie tavern, so definitely some wine...maybe a margarita!
    Tomorrow we have a 5k in the morning and then are going to see The Avett Brothers that night with my SIL and BIL. Should be a good time and I am sure lots of beer will be had!!!!

Happy Friday!!!
  • Better_Balance_2011
    Better_Balance_2011 Posts: 3,711 Member
    Options
    Mon - 0
    Tues - 0
    Wed - 2 glasses rose'
    Thurs - 1/2 bottle of sauvignon blanc at the restaurant, 1/2 bottle rose' at home
    Fri - trying to keep it to 4
    Saturday - who knows? The UK/UL football game is at noon and I think we're having an impromptu mini party. The weather is crisp today so I want to make chili and watch football (go Cats!). So I thought I could share with friends. There is a festival in my hood later that day, so I reckon Saturday will be a full day fest.
    Sun - probably 0

TV: I love cooking shows too. I also like reality TV: Survivor, Amazing Race, weight loss shows.... I loved American Horror Story and can't wait for it to come back, and I watched Season 1 of Mistresses and loved it. I have never seen Dexter, SOA, Breaking Bad or any of the other effed up dramas. I'd probably like them and I alread watch more TV than I'd like.

Happy Friday lushes!
  • ryzeman
    ryzeman Posts: 870 Member
    Options
    Back from Robin's Mountain (Adams :smile: ), had a great time, lots of hikes and exercise which were more than made up for with food and drink. Great campfires and getting caught up with my high school classmates.

Out of town company leaving this weekend, so the entertaining will come to an end.

Looking forward to getting into my routine, counting the calories, exercise and moderating.

Reading the thread and getting caught up with everyone was fun.

Have a great weekend all!
  • KANGOOJUMPS
    KANGOOJUMPS Posts: 6,472 Member
    Options
    ITS FRIDAY!LETS DRINK!,
    wine and pizza, yum!
    that's what I am starting with
  • SoCalWoman
    SoCalWoman Posts: 2,384 Member
    Options
    Breaking Bad, Homeland, Nurse Jackie and many reality shows that I'm too embarrassed to list. Food Network is up there on my viewing, for sure.

Good to see you, Gary. We missed you.
    Day 15 of Syd's sobriety continues....it's gunna be summer like warm this weekend. A refreshing vodka cocktail may be in order :drinker:
  • amysj303
    amysj303 Posts: 5,086 Member
    Options
    Oh, I do watch Nurse Jackie and Weeds on DVD, waiting for the latest seasons to come out, though.
    My guilty pleasure is Awkward, the highschool MTV show. I watched the first season then lost track but now they're all on demand so that is what I'll be doing tonight, home alone-Awkward marathon!

Last night I started with a Modelo beer, then started in on the bad box wine, which I mixed with club soda and OJ. I ended up going over on cals by about 1000, yikes!
  • rjadams
    rjadams Posts: 4,060 Member
    Options
    Amy, why is that we make ourselves finish bad box wine. I have been know to drink awful wine and disguising it with juices and such like you are doing. If I had any sense I would just cut my loss and throw it out. But I just can't do that.

Welcome back Gary.

Last night we made a little pizza so I had wine. and then vodka. I am glad it is Friday. I am going out for Indian tonight and I don't drink when I am out with this friend (I have to drive quite a bit to get there) so I will probably have vodka when I get home.
  • wolf23
    wolf23 Posts: 4,165 Member
    Options
    Sunday - 0
    Monday - 0
    Tuesday - 0
    Wednesday - 2 glasses wine
    Thursday - 1 Hard cider
    Friday - I am on my 2nd and last margarita

Going to a party tomorrow night so I am sure I will be drinking.

I hardly ever watch programs when they first come on except for House (which is now over) and I just watched the final episode of Burn Notice. I netflix almost everything. I like Weeds, Californication, How I met your Mother but i don't watch it until it is on netflix and I just started watching Arrested Development, not quite sure if I like it or not. I do want to watch Dexter, but haven't gotten around to it yet. I liked Project Runway but lost track of it along with Top Chef and America's Next Top Model.
  • ryzeman
    ryzeman Posts: 870 Member
    Options
    I usually watch what my wife watches. Lots of HGTV. But while the tv is on, I have my laptop on... my lap... and peruse the news channels, or watch Netflix etc.

On another note: Woke up this morning to be greeted by a big pile of dog vomit in the middle of the living room. :sick: Fun stuff!
  • SoCalWoman
    Options
    Your wife has trained you well, Gary.
    I watch nothing with the husband...except sports and Breaking Bad (which I started watching before he and the son did) they marathoned several seasons on Netflix...then we've been watching the last couple of seasons together. It was a bummer the son had to go back to college before the series finale.
    Otherwise we're in separate rooms for most of our TV viewing....which is fine by me. :wink:

ok..day 16 no booze. I seriously thought about it with my Mexican food last night (clearly the stomach is fine)..but held off. It's become a bit of a mini challenge I've given myself. But we'll see if I get bored with it.

Happy weekend lushes! :drinker:
  • RebelRenny
    RebelRenny Posts: 1,073 Member
    Options
    Sunday - 0
    Monday - 0
    Tuesday - 2 oz of sherry
    Wednesday - 0
    Thursday - 0
    Friday - 3 glasses of a nice French rose
    Saturday - we'll see, but there is some French white around.

I like drinking wine late afternoon up to dinner. Not into drinking at any other times. That late afternoon habit may have to be deprogrammed. It's about that end of day feeling, that I've worked hard, and deserve to relax. What can I replace that with?

Welcome back Gary. Hate the sh*tty dog stuff. We used to have dogs, but they were outside dogs.

I usually watch the news, and flip channels...a lot. I also watch Dateline, 20/20 (at times), Masterchef, So you Think You can Dance, Once Upon a Time, Criminal Minds, Person of Interest, When I wake up in the middle of the night, I will watch HGTV. Note that I say "when" and not "if" I wake up in the middle of the night. I've not been a great sleeper since I had kids. (Thank you, kids :bigsmile: :bigsmile: ). My DH is not into watching tv at all.

Have a nice weekend!
    Renny
  • SoCalWoman
    Options
    I do love that late afternoon glass of wine as well Renny. When I'm by myself, before the husband is home...I'm often cooking dinner at that time. It's verrrrrry therapeutic.
  • zippo32
    zippo32 Posts: 1,419 Member
    Options
    Thu - 7 beers
    Team loss
    Fri - 4 drinks
    Team win