Post your recent results!

Options

Replies

• KathleenMurry
    KathleenMurry Posts: 448 Member
    Options
    Badass Dash in Kitchener on Saturday. It was 7 km up and down ski hills wit 30 obstacles. I got it done in 59 minutes even. 114 overall out of 2356 finishers and 3rd place for women 20-29! My hips still hurt!

Next year, I'm winning the whole damn thing!
  • davemunger
    davemunger Posts: 1,139 Member
    Options
    Badass Dash in Kitchener on Saturday. It was 7 km up and down ski hills wit 30 obstacles. I got it done in 59 minutes even. 114 overall out of 2356 finishers and 3rd place for women 20-29! My hips still hurt!

Next year, I'm winning the whole damn thing!

Wow, that sounds intense! Great job!
  • smiffy645
    smiffy645 Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    So I have managed to PB my last 2 events.

10K 52.52 (hilly course)
    5K 24.30

Training for a 10 mile event at the moment so mixing up the training at the moment and looks like i'm getting other benefits on the shorter distances.
  • kiekie
    kiekie Posts: 289 Member
    Options

10K 52.52 (hilly course)
    5K 24.30

Training for a 10 mile event at the moment so mixing up the training at the moment and looks like i'm getting other benefits on the shorter distances.

That's great!

I had a new 5k PB two weeks ago: 27.18.

I also did my first off-road 10k last weekend and, although I didn't beat my best road 10k time, I was very happy to come in at 62:38 because I've never run off-road before and I rolled my ankle so had to pause several times to knead out the resulting tightness in my lower calf.

I'm sure it was pretty tame in reality but for the uninitiated, it was a killer route!
  • smiffy645
    Options

10K 52.52 (hilly course)
    5K 24.30

That's great!

I also did my first off-road 10k last weekend and, although I didn't beat my best road 10k time, I was very happy to come in at 62:38 because I've never run off-road before and I rolled my ankle so had to pause several times to knead out the resulting tightness in my lower calf.

I'm sure it was pretty tame in reality but for the uninitiated, it was a killer route!

I feel your pain, did the same a few weeks ago on a trail run and took a few days for it to feel normal again. Off road certainly adds another dimension and level of difficulty to running. Well done on the PB also!
  • SonicDeathMonkey80
    SonicDeathMonkey80 Posts: 4,489 Member
    Options

10K 52.52 (hilly course)
    5K 24.30

That's great!

I feel your pain, did the same a few weeks ago on a trail run and took a few days for it to feel normal again. Off road certainly adds another dimension and level of difficulty to running. Well done on the PB also!

I've come to learn that trails are for mountain biking, not running. It takes a special breed of person to enjoy trail running, but I at least tried haha
  • CarsonRuns
    CarsonRuns Posts: 3,039 Member
    Options
    I've come to learn that trails are for mountain biking, not running. It takes a special breed of person to enjoy trail running, but I at least tried haha

You just have to throw out your expectations about pace and run by effort. Trails are a great way to increase knee, ankle and core stability. I try to throw in trails a couple time a month. I'd like to run trails more like twice a week but it just takes too long to do 9 miles on the trail in the morning.
  • derekj222
    derekj222 Posts: 370 Member
    Options
    Erie Marathon: 4:10:30 - PR !!

First marathon (Pittsburgh): 5:00:14
  • davemunger
    Options
    Erie Marathon: 4:10:30 - PR !!

First marathon (Pittsburgh): 5:00:14

Congrats on the huge PR! Keep it up; sub-4-hours is next!
  • rayvynn5374
    rayvynn5374 Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    Poolesville 5k today 26:33 yup that would be a PR. by like oh a minute and change!
  • hedkell
    hedkell Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    Great job everyone!!

I made it to the sub 50 minute 10k club this weekend with a time of 49.30. Super happy!!
  • smiffy645
    Options
    Great job everyone!!

I made it to the sub 50 minute 10k club this weekend with a time of 49.30. Super happy!!

Fantatstic, well done, that's one of my next challenges!
  • smiffy645
    Options
    23.59 5K yesterday, beat my previous PB by 31 seconds! looking at 22 out there in the distance now and planning how to get there!
  • hedkell
    hedkell Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    23.59 5K yesterday, beat my previous PB by 31 seconds! looking at 22 out there in the distance now and planning how to get there!

You should be able to crack a 50 min 10k with that time, well done!!
  • PeteWhoLikesToRunAlot
    Options
    HM on 9/21 - 1:42:16. PR by ~3 mins but I've got a lot further to go.
  • davemunger
    Options
    HM on 9/21 - 1:42:16. PR by ~3 mins but I've got a lot further to go.

What was the weather like? If it was warm (60+) you should be able to do much better when things cool down.
  • michelleLynette
    michelleLynette Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    I running a hlaf marathon Nov. 2, Im hoping to beat my PR of 1:40 !!
  • runningcat76
    Options
    I knocked 10 mins off my PB at the New Forest Half Marathon yesterday. Came in at 1:37:02 and was 1st in my age category. I am so proud of myself. All the hard work over the past 12 months is really paying off.
  • smiffy645
    Options
    I knocked 10 mins off my PB at the New Forest Half Marathon yesterday. Came in at 1:37:02 and was 1st in my age category. I am so proud of myself. All the hard work over the past 12 months is really paying off.

10 Minutes, wow! Well done.
  • warriordude07run
    warriordude07run Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    I started out 2012 running a 9:37 mile and a 33 minute 5k. I also lost 102 lbs in this process (weighed 318)

My current PRs are

5:59- mile
    22:25- 5k
    48:40- 10k (ran this split in my half)
    1:43:22 half marathon

I had a great week of training leading up to my 5k race on Saturday night. I had a speed workout (10x400s) with 1:30 walking recovery between each one on Wednesday that indicated I was ready for a huge PR. However I contracted a cold on Friday and had dead legs on Saturday. I still ran 22:28 but was pissed. I hope I can get in a fast 5k. My goal and dream is to break 20 minutes before the end of the year.

I did my 400 repeats like this on Wednesday night:
    1:26
    1:25
    1:27
    1:28** grabbed water after this one. 1:35-1:40 recovery instead of 1:30
    1:28.8
    1:24.8

I'm going to do a 6x800 workout at 3:10 with 200 meter jog recovery to solidify I'm in better shape than that 22:28 indicates. I have been working hard to improve.

Also after what I found to be a crappy race Saturday night, I took out my anger on a long run the next morning. 13.1 miles to be exact lol.

BTW, I would love to have any runners or inspired runners-to-be as friends on here. Feel free to add me, can never be too motivated!
This discussion has been closed.