Milestones (other than the scale)

Options

Replies

• m23prime
    m23prime Posts: 358 Member
    Options
    . Today, I tried on an old pair of size 44 jeans that I hadn't been able to wear since last year.

THEY FIT AGAIN! Fat loss FTW!

W00T! That also means you are OUT of the Big and Tall Stores! At least in Canada, 44 is the largest size that seems to be regularly available in the Normie Stores! Suddenly...YOU HAVE CHOICES!

I am thrilled for you...and way more than just a LITTLE JEALOUS! But you just wait...a few more months and I will be in line behind you at the January sales!

New wardrobes all round for Spring!
  • m23prime
    Options
    Alright...everybody already knows that THIS is my favorite thread.

So...today, I got a package in the mail (Geek toys from Entertainment Earth if you want to know). I had not seen the postal carrier who delivers packages all summer.

She was GOBSMACKED by the change! She could not believe how well I looked.

I cannot believe how good that made me feel!

STILL blamin' all y'all! Thank you!

EDIT

HOURS LATER...I totally forgot to open my parcel after signing for it--I was so excited and chuffed about the reaction.

SQUEEEEEE!
  • mdgivens
    mdgivens Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    Alright...everybody already knows that THIS is my favorite thread.

So...today, I got a package in the mail (Geek toys from Entertainment Earth if you want to know). I had not seen the postal carrier who delivers packages all summer.

She was GOBSMACKED by the change! She could not believe how well I looked.

I cannot believe how good that made me feel!

STILL blamin' all y'all! Thank you!

That is the best feeling, man. Savor it and use it as more fuel for your efforts. Great work!
  • Gnawcraft
    Gnawcraft Posts: 734 Member
    Options
    Haha such a cool feeling Mark! But I still want to know what you bought :P
  • m23prime
    Options
    Haha such a cool feeling Mark! But I still want to know what you bought :P

Minecraft themed LEGO!
  • Carysta
    Carysta Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    Minecraft themed LEGO!

Sweet!

Also, yay for the reaction from your mail carrier :) That is so exciting!
  • Carysta
    Options
    Also also one of my coworkers today was like, hey, I've never seen you in jeans before, and I was like, yah, cuz it's been longer than since I started working here since I could wear any :)
  • Carysta
    Options
    When I first started this lifestyle change at the beginning of July, I was wearing a size 50 pants. They were a bit loose, but size 48 was too tight. Today, I tried on an old pair of size 44 jeans that I hadn't been able to wear since last year.

THEY FIT AGAIN! Fat loss FTW!

That's wonderful :) I bet you feel fantastic!
  • hollyla9905
    Options
    Ya Mark and Cary!!!! I love this thread to it always makes me smile we have such an amazing group!
  • mdgivens
    Options
    Today, I set all-time personal bests in two areas: years married (10) and squats (335 lb x 3 x 5)!
  • just_jess7
    just_jess7 Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    Today, I set all-time personal bests in two areas: years married (10) and squats (335 lb x 3 x 5)!

Happy anniversary!! And awesome job w/ the squats.
  • Carysta
    Options

Happy Anniversary! :) That is just lovely! And grats on the squats too! :)

I think this is one of my favourite threads. I know I haven't posted much this week, but I had a little mini-mini-win today. I have a me-sized computer chair at work (and thank you, my employer, for me having that 2 weeks into my job, that was a nice change from anywhere else I had ever worked! That was 3+ years ago and I'm still at the same place LOL). Anyway, we have regular-sized office chairs in all the training rooms and stuff, and usually I kind of sit on the front edge with the arms poking me in the sides. Today I sat in one of the chairs in our training room and suddenly realized that I fit. WOO me :) I mean, they are nice chairs and not teeny-tiny but still, that was fun.
  • m23prime
    Options

Oh! Congrats Mike! Nice double whammy milestone day! You are lifting with the Big Boys, my friend. I am still WAY too intimidated to hang out in THAT part of the gym. I couldn't even lift the plates onto the barbells for a weight like that!

But I got another notch out of the Pull Your Arms Off machine today--and while I still can't even see "cut" from where I am to date, I can see a lot less flippy-flopping of my upper arm flab--so that's a terrific start.
  • incredibleshrinkingjackie
    Options
    i had a goofy little nsv on saturday. you know when you were a kid and you had a hoodie on and it got too hot, so you took it off and tied in around your waist with the arms knotted in the front? well on saturday i went to a church picnic and that was the case. i took my niece's little sweatshirt off and showed her how to do it and then i took mine off and thought "what the heck, might as well try it" and i could do it!!! yeah for me! the arms went around me and tied in a knot. i actually did a "happy dance" right there in line, lol.
  • 808malia
    808malia Posts: 631 Member
    Options
    I had small victory yesterday. Usually I have to use a beach towel after I shower because no regular or large size bath towel will wrap completely around me, Well yesterday I grabbed a large bath towel (because we were doing laundry and all the beach towels were in the wash) and it wrapped completely around me! I was so excited that I called my husband into the bathroom, and when he came in he noticed right away that I was using a bath towel! Progress!:bigsmile:
  • Gnawcraft
    Gnawcraft Posts: 734 Member
    Options
    @Jackie -> That is a great one! Now I'm looking forwards to that too hehe.

@Malia -> I love this I bet that felt fantastic!

Keep up the good work guys!
  • mdgivens
    Options
    I had a little mini-mini-win today. I have a me-sized computer chair at work (and thank you, my employer, for me having that 2 weeks into my job, that was a nice change from anywhere else I had ever worked! That was 3+ years ago and I'm still at the same place LOL). Anyway, we have regular-sized office chairs in all the training rooms and stuff, and usually I kind of sit on the front edge with the arms poking me in the sides. Today I sat in one of the chairs in our training room and suddenly realized that I fit. WOO me :) I mean, they are nice chairs and not teeny-tiny but still, that was fun.

Awesome, Cary! Always great to see and feel the results of your hard work, isn't it?!
    I got another notch out of the Pull Your Arms Off machine today--and while I still can't even see "cut" from where I am to date, I can see a lot less flippy-flopping of my upper arm flab--so that's a terrific start.

Death to flippy-floppy arm flab! It's one of my battle cries too, Mark. Seriously, I do a wobble-check in the mirror every week or so. Great work pulling your arms off!
    i had a goofy little nsv on saturday. you know when you were a kid and you had a hoodie on and it got too hot, so you took it off and tied in around your waist with the arms knotted in the front? well on saturday i went to a church picnic and that was the case. i took my niece's little sweatshirt off and showed her how to do it and then i took mine off and thought "what the heck, might as well try it" and i could do it!!! yeah for me! the arms went around me and tied in a knot. i actually did a "happy dance" right there in line, lol.

Congrats on tying the knot, Jackie!
    I had small victory yesterday. Usually I have to use a beach towel after I shower because no regular or large size bath towel will wrap completely around me, Well yesterday I grabbed a large bath towel (because we were doing laundry and all the beach towels were in the wash) and it wrapped completely around me! I was so excited that I called my husband into the bathroom, and when he came in he noticed right away that I was using a bath towel! Progress!

Woot! Great work, Malia! This thread needs more women-wrapped-in-bath-towel NSV's! :bigsmile:
  • m23prime
    Options
    I LOVE this thread!

Keep posting those wins, EVERYBODY!
  • Junie2013
    Options
    This morning I dropped something on the floor and I bent right over and picked it up, no problem - 20 seconds after getting out of bed. A few months ago, my back would have hurt too much and my belly would have gotten in the way. I was shocked!
  • Carysta
    Options
    This morning I dropped something on the floor and I bent right over and picked it up, no problem - 20 seconds after getting out of bed. A few months ago, my back would have hurt too much and my belly would have gotten in the way. I was shocked!

That's wonderful :)
This discussion has been closed.