Daily Check In Thread

Options

Replies

• CherylP67
    CherylP67 Posts: 772 Member
    Options
    Thanks for fixing the pic!!!! And thanks all for the nice comments ;) what a fantastic day!!!!! I want to go run again now ;)

Oooh, and I forgot to add. In the last 9 weeks I ran, biked and walked 154 miles!!!!!!! I just wanted to share that, because that's crazy to me!

Congrats on graduating!
  • CherylP67
    Options
    Today was a rest day, but I had a terrible day at work and I had to run to clear my head.

I did W8D1 today, which on my app is a 28 minute run. With 5 minute warm up and cool down.

I TRAVELED 5k TONIGHT!

There was the 5 min warm up and cool down and the 28 minutes of running. I did 3.11 miles in 37.40, cutting my cool down 20 seconds short. After a 13 hour tough day at work. I can't believe I did 5k today! About 25 minutes in, I started getting the slightest stitch in my side and I said hallelujah; pain, I'm alive!
  • madmiss
    madmiss Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    Today was a rest day, but I had a terrible day at work and I had to run to clear my head.

I did W8D1 today, which on my app is a 28 minute run. With 5 minute warm up and cool down.

I TRAVELED 5k TONIGHT!

There was the 5 min warm up and cool down and the 28 minutes of running. I did 3.11 miles in 37.40, cutting my cool down 20 seconds short. After a 13 hour tough day at work. I can't believe I did 5k today! About 25 minutes in, I started getting the slightest stitch in my side and I said hallelujah; pain, I'm alive!

Congrats Cheryl! Isn't is awesome ;) great time too!!!!
  • AglaeaC
    AglaeaC Posts: 1,974 Member
    Options
    W8D2 done as part of the virtual 5K. Great going everyone!
  • knkmfp
    knkmfp Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    Wk6 D1 done today. I've slipped a bit against the schedule, I should actually be starting Wk7 now, but I've started a running class which means I can only run two other nights (the running class is starting from the beginning again)

I'm without child are for the next week and a half too, so won't be able to get out. Any suggestions what I can do instead? Would Wii jog be an acceptable alternative?
  • zorbaru
    zorbaru Posts: 1,077 Member
    Options
    didnt get to go out last night. picked a bad week to start last week cos had way to much stuff on. but since i want to keep my goal of getting it done in the 9 week and i want to have my runs be mon - wed and friday's ive decided to skip w1d3 and move straight to w2d1 tonight since the w1 runs werent giving me any problems at all.
  • joedfro
    joedfro Posts: 270
    Options
    2yjom75.png

W7D1...

I was hoping to get a 5K in, but i am not quite there yet....
  • Putcake
    Putcake Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    I forgot to check in yesterday - but I completed Week 7, Day 3! I did a really great 7 am run at a local park. I had not run there before - but my hubby had - so I had an idea of the route. It was awesome! Flat with great scenery since part of the course was a boardwalk through the woods.

The best part was, no side cramps!!! I'm thinking the flat course was what helped. If only it was closer to work - I could run it during the week. Now I'm re-thinking my lunchtime runs. Might have to move them to after work!
  • zorbaru
    zorbaru Posts: 1,077 Member
    Options
    w2d1 completed. check my progress thread for a report
  • CherylP67
    Options
    W8D2 complete! I ran along bike path this morning in misty foggy rain, up and down hills. I kept positive self talking and I did it, 3.33 miles, I think I probably ran almost 3.1.

I can't believe how far I've come since starting.
  • hlsc
    hlsc Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Finished my second round of C25K last Wednesday and ran a 5K on Saturday (this is my third). It was very humid and the sun was beating down (this is Texas ya know...), but I am happy to report that I had a PR of 34.33 and I was top 3 in my age division (out of 12). Not bad for someone who had really never run 10 months ago. I came in the top 33% of the whole group (225 running). C25K and all of the supportive and inspirational folks on the message boards are AWESOME!!!

SUPER HAPPY!!! :happy:
  • CherylP67
    Options
    Finished my second round of C25K last Wednesday and ran a 5K on Saturday (this is my third). It was very humid and the sun was beating down (this is Texas ya know...), but I am happy to report that I had a PR of 34.33 and I was top 3 in my age division (out of 12). Not bad for someone who had really never run 10 months ago. I came in the top 33% of the whole group (225 running). C25K and all of the supportive and inspirational folks on the message boards are AWESOME!!!

SUPER HAPPY!!! :happy:

Congrats! Top 3, what an awesome achievement.

I hope to move to Texas in next couple of years.
  • Mamakatspokane
    Mamakatspokane Posts: 3,098 Member
    Options
    So Friday at my daughter's Cross country meet I stepped wrong and my foot hurt.(The one I sprained) Plus without working out on Friday I put over 12,000 steps on my fitbit (I usually do around 10k with a workout if not it's like 3-5k). So my legs were sore. Forecast was rain and more rain...I almost had myself talked out of running the 5k on Sat. I'll do one when I'm all healed, Do I really want to be soaked and miserable on my first 5k....Yes the queen of excuses came up with them all. I couldn't sleep Friday night I realized that I had to do it. No excuses, Fatty Kathy makes excuses not Fit Kathy! So I got up and ran in the pouring rain...If my son could play a soccer game & then a flag football game in the pouring rain with no break in between....I could run a 5k!!! I ran it and made it in time to watch Football. I used my Nike Run app and it measured the distance different than the course. So at their finish line Nike said I was at 2.9 something miles, I felt so good I kept going! I ran until my app said 3.10. There were two "hills" I didn't expect so they sucked and I was the slowest of the runners (but I beat the run/walkers and the walkerstongue ). However, I kept a couple that ran in front of me in my sight the whole time. I finished their 5k in under 36 minutes and I finished mine (The Nike app) in 37.54 which is the slowest I've ever run but I've never run in public, on hills, in the pouring rain. So bottom line is that I'm super proud of myself regardless of my time. The next time I'll work on my time. My foot was a little sore after but not too bad. Then that night we invited friends over for family game night...the Kinect killed my foot!sad
  • toni_mmh
    toni_mmh Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    YEAH MAMAKATSPOKANE!!!! the next 5k should be a breeze then! Fantastic! you are an inspiration
  • aimforhealthy
    aimforhealthy Posts: 449 Member
    Options
    Today I kicked W7D2's behind. :)

Kathy - loved your 5K story!!! I live in Central Florida - if I didn't run because it was raining out, I'd almost never run! It's not too bad - I've just learned to wear a visor and contacts because without a visor and with glasses on I'm blind the whole way. lol
  • CherylP67
    Options
    So Friday at my daughter's Cross country meet I stepped wrong and my foot hurt.(The one I sprained) Plus without working out on Friday I put over 12,000 steps on my fitbit (I usually do around 10k with a workout if not it's like 3-5k). So my legs were sore. Forecast was rain and more rain...I almost had myself talked out of running the 5k on Sat. I'll do one when I'm all healed, Do I really want to be soaked and miserable on my first 5k....Yes the queen of excuses came up with them all. I couldn't sleep Friday night I realized that I had to do it. No excuses, Fatty Kathy makes excuses not Fit Kathy! So I got up and ran in the pouring rain...If my son could play a soccer game & then a flag football game in the pouring rain with no break in between....I could run a 5k!!! I ran it and made it in time to watch Football. I used my Nike Run app and it measured the distance different than the course. So at their finish line Nike said I was at 2.9 something miles, I felt so good I kept going! I ran until my app said 3.10. There were two "hills" I didn't expect so they sucked and I was the slowest of the runners (but I beat the run/walkers and the walkerstongue ). However, I kept a couple that ran in front of me in my sight the whole time. I finished their 5k in under 36 minutes and I finished mine (The Nike app) in 37.54 which is the slowest I've ever run but I've never run in public, on hills, in the pouring rain. So bottom line is that I'm super proud of myself regardless of my time. The next time I'll work on my time. My foot was a little sore after but not too bad. Then that night we invited friends over for family game night...the Kinect killed my foot!sad

Awesome story! My first 5k is October 22 and I'm hoping to run in under 40 minutes, your time looks great, especially with injuries and weather issues.
  • taeliesyn
    taeliesyn Posts: 1,116 Member
    Options
    Well done Momakat!
    I am sure you will rock out your next 5km and breeze through it all!

W7D1 for me tonight,
    WU, Run 20 Min, Walk 3 Min, Run 5min, CD
    6.22km total distance in 42:11min average 6:47min/km
    Run Pace 5:56min/km
    Walk Pace 8:37min/km

Totally thrilled I managed 25 minutes running with my pace under 6min/km. I am sure the the downhill section on my last run helped with the pace, but it evens out all the uphill I seem to do LOL.
  • toni_mmh
    toni_mmh Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    W8D1 completed!
  • AmyMgetsfit
    AmyMgetsfit Posts: 636 Member
    Options
    I forgot to check in yesterday for w8d1. I almost decided not to run yesterday. On Sunday we went on a 6.5 mile walk. My legs were so tired. I thought if I do anything I will just run maybe 10 minutes, it's better than nothing. But I ran the whole 28 minutes. Tomorrow is w8d2. Looks like everyone is doing fantastic.
  • jynxxxed
    jynxxxed Posts: 1,010 Member
    Options
    Did W5D1 no problems.. until after the run was over.

I always run in a group. Last night we had two other females, 1 male. During our cool down, we ended up walking by a completely random guy walking around with a very large knife in his hand. Extremely long story short, we wound up being barricaded in by police who appeared to be searching for somebody. We approached the police car to let them know about the guy with a knife, they asked his race. When we told him he was a tall white guy with a knife they lost all interest. Apparently they were ONLY seeking a black male with tools burglarizing houses and wanted nothing to do with our knife guy. Called the Sheriff's office.. same thing. They said the guy we saw 'wasn't their guy'. They also told us on the phone to stay inside because their guy actually was armed and they had k9 units out on the streets to find him.

Still shocked over it! lol I guess that's one way to keep my runs interesting. Hope your runs are going better than mine did!