Daily Check In Thread

Options

Replies

• verdemujer
    verdemujer Posts: 1,397 Member
    Options
    I have been lurking on this thread for the summer. I had downloaded a C25K Free app for my Android but I would rather ride in the summer than run. So, I'm just starting the program. Today was my day 1.

Oct 3rd: Day 1 Of program: 1.7 miles, Strava: http://www.strava.com/activities/86670044
  • Putcake
    Putcake Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Hope everyone is having a great Thursday!

I ran Week 8, Day 2 today. Unfortunately, my C25K app stopped at some point - first time for that. Since my workout on Tuesday was the same (28 minute run), I ran up to the same point, and then stopped to check my phone because I expected to hear my "cool down" message. And then I saw the app stopped. GRRRR!!

The positive is I was running endomondo at the same time, so I could still monitor my distance. I did 2.8 miles total (including warm up/cool down) in 42 minutes. That makes me feel very confident that I'll be able to do a 5K in less than 45 minutes - which is my goal.

And - we are officially signed up for our 5K on 10/27!!! Hubby and I are running it together. I'm so excited and am excited to continue training for a few more weeks so that I have a great run!
  • taeliesyn
    taeliesyn Posts: 1,116 Member
    Options
    >>>Update. I started a bridge 5K to 10K app program for the next 6 weeks. It starts you at run for 10 mins, walk for 1 min, repeat x4 and then goes up in time each week. HOLY CRAP this was so much harder than I thought. Before, I was running 2.35 miles at a crack, now I am running almost 4 and feel like I am going backwards because I walk every 10 mins per the program. That really chafes me because I was so proud I could run 30 minutes straight, you know? But the C25K program was like that, run walk run walk, run, so I have to figure the training people know best!
    Running, where you have to leave your ego at home when you train.

Well done on your run Putcake :)

W7D3 down for me!
    WU, 27 min run, CD. I got through it a bit faster than W7D2 so I'm happy about that, though I was a little bummed when I saw I had reached 4.95km when it was time for cool down... 50 m short of 5km in 32 minutes!!!!!!!!!!
    It was a bit of a hard slog as it had rained and then the sun came aout, so humidity was through the roof!

I'm thinking of signing up for a 5km park run and trying to find a local runner, who will 'pace' me for a sub 30 min 5km. I'm sure I have it in me.
  • AmyMgetsfit
    AmyMgetsfit Posts: 636 Member
    Options
    I finished up week 8. I ran a little longer to try to get closer to 3.1 miles. I still need some work. I can do it with the 10 minute walks included, but not just running yet. On to week 9 on Monday with a 2 day rest. I hope everyone has a wonderful weekend.
  • joedfro
    joedfro Posts: 270
    Options
    W7D3 finished....
  • badwolfIO
    badwolfIO Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    WOW!
    Keep it up!!!
  • badwolfIO
    badwolfIO Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    I have been lurking on this thread for the summer. I had downloaded a C25K Free app for my Android but I would rather ride in the summer than run. So, I'm just starting the program. Today was my day 1.

Oct 3rd: Day 1 Of program: 1.7 miles, Strava: http://www.strava.com/activities/86670044

Welcome! My dog would rather that I be biking with her too! But, these fall day runs have been great!
  • jynxxxed
    jynxxxed Posts: 1,010 Member
    Options
    I love reading through everybody's posts!

Just updating, I just ran W5D2 and loved it. Neither of the 8 min runs were easy, but I completed them both without any pauses and wasn't even super uncomfortable. I was shocked. And a second accomplishment - I didn't run across anybody walking around with knives this time. Hooray :laugh:

On to the dreaded 20 minutes..
  • FitFunTina
    FitFunTina Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    Yesterday I finished W7D3. I ran extra (28 min) total because I wanted to reach 2 miles. I did it! I ran 2 miles in 28 minutes!!

I ran 2 miles! Woohoo! 1.1 to go in three weeks.

Of course, at minute 25 one of my shoelaces untied (treadmill), so I spent the last three minutes hoping I wouldn't trip on it. lol
  • mheebner
    mheebner Posts: 285 Member
    Options
    Finished W7D1 this morning but I felt really good so I just kept running. I went an additional 11 min or so, but I wasnt paying attention to that because.....I WENT THE WHOLE 5k !!! Now that included the 5 min walking warmup so i technically didn't run the whole thing, but I think I could have. Probably wont try and stretch another run till I finish this week. It was so satisfying. With warm up it took me 41 min to hit 5k. (I know...I'm pretty slow)
  • CherylP67
    CherylP67 Posts: 772 Member
    Options
    W9D1 completed today. Is unseasonably hot and humid here and I hated the last 10-15 minutes, my eyes were stinging from the sweat, my legs hurt and I wanted to stop and walk. I kept pushing myself, telling myself that I've come this far, why stop now. I pushed through and finished the run.
  • yamsteroo
    yamsteroo Posts: 480 Member
    Options
    Finished W7D1 this morning but I felt really good so I just kept running. I went an additional 11 min or so, but I wasnt paying attention to that because.....I WENT THE WHOLE 5k !!! Now that included the 5 min walking warmup so i technically didn't run the whole thing, but I think I could have. Probably wont try and stretch another run till I finish this week. It was so satisfying. With warm up it took me 41 min to hit 5k. (I know...I'm pretty slow)

It's great to get caught in the moment and think "I can just keep going" but if someone said to you 'go and run 40mins' you tell them where to go lol

41min 5k including 5min at walking speed is good going, don't knock it, I think my first full run 5k wasn't much better than that :)
  • yamsteroo
    yamsteroo Posts: 480 Member
    Options
    W9D1 completed today. Is unseasonably hot and humid here and I hated the last 10-15 minutes, my eyes were stinging from the sweat, my legs hurt and I wanted to stop and walk. I kept pushing myself, telling myself that I've come this far, why stop now. I pushed through and finished the run.

Sometimes you just get runs like that where all you can do is finish it and move onto the next one - which will be fantastic :)
  • madmiss
    madmiss Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    I did it!!! I did it it!!!! First. 5k ever and I did 39.11 no walking and I won horseback riding lessons as a prize for my awesome tutu!!!!! It was so perfect nothing hurt it was fluid and so great!!!! Can't wait till the next one!!!! What a wonderful experience!!!!
  • CherylP67
    Options
    I did it!!! I did it it!!!! First. 5k ever and I did 39.11 no walking and I won horseback riding lessons as a prize for my awesome tutu!!!!! It was so perfect nothing hurt it was fluid and so great!!!! Can't wait till the next one!!!! What a wonderful experience!!!!

That is awesome! I'm so happy for you and very excited that you wore the tutu!
  • Deblyh
    Deblyh Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I recently joined MFP and was happy to find this group. I am/was a couch potato and am rapidly approaching 60..omg :-) so I also recently started c25k.. Finished W1 D 2 and NO ONE will be more surprised than me if it works. I will say that It felt great and I was ven proud to get off that couch . Nice to meet you all.
  • CherylP67
    Options
    I recently joined MFP and was happy to find this group. I am/was a couch potato and am rapidly approaching 60..omg :-) so I also recently started c25k.. Finished W1 D 2 and NO ONE will be more surprised than me if it works. I will say that It felt great and I was ven proud to get off that couch . Nice to meet you all.

Welcome aboard Deb, this group of people are very nice and I've learned a lot since I joined this group. I'm going to graduate from C25k in 2 runs and I'm trying to figure out my next plan. This was the 7th or 8th time I started C25k and the first time I made it past week 3.
  • taeliesyn
    taeliesyn Posts: 1,116 Member
    Options

Stick with the program, take your rest days, run slower than you think you should and you will succeed.

W8D1 done for me tonight, a day earlier than usual as work will interfere with me running tomorrow.
    Gained a little speed from W7D3, even with running for another minute.

Only 2 more runs and I'll graduate!
  • CherylP67
    Options

Stick with the program, take your rest days, run slower than you think you should and you will succeed.

W8D1 done for me tonight, a day earlier than usual as work will interfere with me running tomorrow.
    Gained a little speed from W7D3, even with running for another minute.

Only 2 more runs and I'll graduate!

We're on the same day! I can't believe graduation is this close.
  • zorbaru
    zorbaru Posts: 1,077 Member
    Options
    w2d3 completed tonight. another debacle. will post report in my thread tomorrow.