Doctor Who

Options

Replies

• mruntidy
    mruntidy Posts: 1,015 Member
    Options
    I like that everytime I have watched an episode again, I have seen something new that I didn't see before. I think that's pretty good of the show considering I am not a massive Who fan as well :smile:
  • RunionX4
    RunionX4 Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    Me and my husband are big Whovians! We love to watch and rewatch all the episodes of both classic Who and the new seasons. I am very much looking forward to the 50th anniversary. We also like watching the specials they do about the different Doctors and Companions and such. So interesting.
  • d0gma
    d0gma Posts: 3,966 Member
    Options
    I haven't watched too much, Netflix's Classic Dr. Who is kind of spotty, but I'm working my way through that before I get to the new stuff.

I'm up to the few Tom Baker episodes. My favorite Dr so far is Patrick Troughton, though Jon Pertwee was starting to grow on me.
  • PaulaKro
    PaulaKro Posts: 5,698 Member
    Options
    Got hooked on Tom Baker, wouldn't answer the door or phone and everyone knew to leave me alone. (Couldn't tape it back then - needed to watch it live, or miss it.) Now I'm not sure if David Tennant or Matt Smith is my favorite - love them all.
  • Kimdbro
    Kimdbro Posts: 922 Member
    Options
    Oh there's more pain. Oh man, the tears!! It's so well written and depressing, lol. But I adore it!

Agreed. I have wept openly to several. And I'm seriously terrified of stone angels now.
  • jenbit
    jenbit Posts: 4,289 Member
    Options
    *****Spoiler Alert*****

My kids finally saw the episode of who River Song actually is.. LOL much freaking out in my house there was... Now they are trying to figure out who she kills
  • Naener
    Naener Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    #10 for life!!! <3
  • Alliwan
    Alliwan Posts: 1,245 Member
    Options
    Oh there's more pain. Oh man, the tears!! It's so well written and depressing, lol. But I adore it!

Agreed. I have wept openly to several. And I'm seriously terrified of stone angels now.

haha, daughter and i are too! we walk at night in the dark in the middle of corn fields and cows, so she'll freak herself out if she starts talking about dr who while we walk. my husband loves to say 'hey, who turned out the lights' when the moon goes behind a cloud and freaks her out. we love it tho, started watching with the newer doctors but david tennant is the best!
  • harleyjax
    harleyjax Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    I looooooooooooove Doctor Who!!!! The Tardis is my notification whenever I have a text >.<
  • southpaw211
    southpaw211 Posts: 385 Member
    Options
    I looooooooooooove Doctor Who!!!! The Tardis is my notification whenever I have a text >.<

LOL - that's my ringtone! I always hope it's not really a phone call but the TARDIS showing up nearby...
  • schonkreuz
    schonkreuz Posts: 493 Member
    Options

LOL - that's my ringtone! I always hope it's not really a phone call but the TARDIS showing up nearby...

its my text tone and the theme song is my ring tone!
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    I figured out how to put the theme as ringtone, and I have the TARDIS sound for notifications now too. Good times.
  • lacroyx
    lacroyx Posts: 5,754 Member
    Options
    http://youtu.be/Mkq8pnvsnQg
    and 1 more
    http://youtu.be/7z6FMCqYrBo
    "Oh you've redecorated! I don't like it." XD
  • schonkreuz
    schonkreuz Posts: 493 Member
    Options
    I am shaking from excitement, I cannot wait for The Day of the Doctor squeeeeeeeeeeeee,
  • mruntidy
    mruntidy Posts: 1,015 Member
    Options
    Scotty just reminded me in his thread...

Not sure if you know but there is a charity event in the UK on Friday, I saw on the tvs while at the gym that there is a Doctor special I think at 7PM GMT for Children in Need

Figure most of the UK gang would have seen it (via tv) but thought I would let the intercontinental nerds know
  • emaren
    emaren Posts: 934 Member
    Options
    I watched it back home from around 1970 isn all the way until they cancelled it - when 'Rose' was leaked I got re-hooked and have worked through pretty much every available episode between new series releases....
  • MrsGilligan12
    MrsGilligan12 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Huge Who fan!
  • Caleb_Daniel
    Caleb_Daniel Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I just started watching it this year and got through all the new stuffand I'm up to Tom Baker on the old. I love all of it but my favorite is David Tennant. My favorite companion is Billie Piper.
  • lacroyx
    lacroyx Posts: 5,754 Member
    Options
    fan made youtube vid of The Doctor Games. Hunger Games/Doctor Who mash up
    http://youtu.be/8C7Ys_hhHCA
    a bit of warning, there is blood.