Check in

Options
Was it a good day?

Did you feel like going out of control, but made it through?

Post here! =)

Replies

• VanillaBeanSeed
    VanillaBeanSeed Posts: 562 Member
    Options
    Today is my birthday bash!

I will be having treats and sugary alcoholic beverages with my friends!

This will be my last hoorah before no binge november.

I have made peanut butter rocky road squares for tonight, I have chips, oreos, lemon merigue vodka, and probably other treats along the way!

Life is about having fun. And with so many tragic things going on, i should just be greatful for what I have, an enjoy a night of guilt free pleasure.

=)

Enjoy your saturday night folks!
  • blizzardsmom
    blizzardsmom Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    No Binge November sounds great. It may be hard, but come December it will be worth it. Looking great for the Holiday Season (you know the carmeras will be out). How many of us see holiday pictures and think "I really look like that"! About 10 days I had a terrible day, just grazing all day (stress eating) I logged all of it, clicking on the green bar, it had turned red and seeing that if all my days were like that day I would weigh XXX in 5 weeks and of course it was a higher number is a good motivator. I suggest on your bad days its even more important to record the binge, seeing what the scale will go up to may be the shock you need to get you back on track.

We can all do this!!!

I am here to help if I can!
  • 10manda86
    10manda86 Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    I ate an unnecessary sausage sandwich.... it was yummy, but I was strong enough to limit to just 1... normally I would eat 3-4 of them!
  • VanillaBeanSeed
    Options
    I ate an unnecessary sausage sandwich.... it was yummy, but I was strong enough to limit to just 1... normally I would eat 3-4 of them!

Thats it!
    I totally believe in moderation.

Enjoy a treat, just dont let it go to far! =)
  • Sunshine70Smith
    Sunshine70Smith Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    Good morning... I actually had a good day. Not out of control by any means although I didn't track my entire day. I'm slowly getting back into the swing of things and knowing what I must do. Today will be a challenge and will see how it goes.

Jen
  • Sunshine70Smith
    Sunshine70Smith Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    Have an awesome birthday bash! :drinker:

Jen
  • nazish17
    nazish17 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    sounds good to me :)
    my birthday in november, would like to make it a good one with a good start for the coming year and its missions!
  • bevtay01
    bevtay01 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Early happy birthday....I see you are giving yourself the best gift ever a healthier you! I know that with the support of others I can and will be successful.
  • Today is ok im feeling burned out though
  • VanillaBeanSeed
    Options
    For me, I hope this No Binge November, kick starts, no binge dec, jan, deb,mar.. etc

For me anyway! =)
  • Suzmp85
    Suzmp85 Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    I'm getting better with my binge habits..I went from binging a couple times a week to binging every 3-4 weeks so I want to try this out. I've had this addiction to food since I started my journey..managed to lose 80lbs my first try and then a year of maintaining that, I lose control and gain nearly all but 20lbs back..so once and for all, I want to say goodbye to the addiction and live the life I choose to live..to be positive, to be happy, and I deserve to be happy..don't we?
  • sandeerah
    Options
    Hi all. :smile:

Binge eating has been the bane of my existence since hitting maintenance this time last year. I did so well to lose the weight (25kg)and then BAM hello binging! :grumble: So I have been frustratingly dealing with this for a year or so.

I am up from my goal weight by nearly 3kg and the binge is the reason why.

I believe that if I can curb this reaction to whatever it is that I feel at the time, I can lose those unwanted kg's and get back to where I want to be, as well as a healthier relationship with food.

Heres to a great No Binge November! :bigsmile:

Sandra
  • Nix_Way
    Nix_Way Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    Last night I had a binge. I was watching a movie on my laptop and decided that I just didn't care if I overate or not. I usually can just tell mysefl that "No.. you can' t have it tonight, but if you still want it tomorrow you can have it" and of course I don't want it by the next day. Sigh. I have been fighting binge eating for my whole life. I just have this .... THING inside me that goes out of control!! I feel so bloated and heartburn-y the next day, along with guilt feelings and even tho its only one night of binging, I look in the mirror and feel about 95 times bigger than I really am. All because of one binge.
    I'm all for No Binge November. In September I only binged TWICE the whole month!!! So far in Oct I have binged 7 days. I feel like I let myself down. I know its not about one or two bad days but the overall picture, but it still gets me down. Glad to be a part of a group that understands this.
    Nix
  • besdais
    besdais Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    I "checked in" on the "What is binge eating" thread, but just want to say I'm excited to be part of this group. If I can get my afternoon binging out of the way, I think my weight loss will go so much faster. I quit smoking by joining a forum, and I'm hoping losing weight will be the same way. I am going to definitely track everything next week and work hard to start my "binge-less" afternoons. I'm excited to be on this journey with you all!
  • Heavybetty
    Heavybetty Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Felt really snacky after having a good filling meal. Wasn't hungry just felt like eating.....talked myself into a diet hot chocolate and managed to save my night!!!! Super excited have had a bad week since hitting my plateau a couple weeks ago and didn't feel as motivated and binged at least 5 out of the seven days :( hoping to stay on course havent binged for 2 1/2 months until last week, not gonna give up, Back on it now!!!
  • Heavybetty
    Heavybetty Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Good luck everyone we can do this!!
  • 10manda86
    Options
    Taking charge... going out for dinner tonight, my bf loves roast nite at the local! I know what is there, I know what in going to eat, I know what I'm going to avoid... I over estimated how much I will eat and even logged the piece of chocolate cake I haven't had yet... completed my gym session this morning and feeling pumped... I can control myself tonight!!!
  • Tehya85
    Tehya85 Posts: 23
    Options
    I have been binge free for about a week (need to go back and work it out) and feeling good about it. I'm generally fine once the sugar cravings are out of my system. The whole 'cheat meal' doesn't work for me because as soon as I get a taste for sugar, I'm like a mad woman possessed and consume all I can get my hands on (dangerous when we have all you can eat amazeballs desserts up here at work).

The whole idea of taking charge is perfect!! We can do this!! :)
  • cpanus
    cpanus Posts: 19,327 Member
    Options
    The last three days have been really good. October is a rough month for me. I have a "sugar" thing, too. I know the foods that trigger a binge for. I just can't/won't buy them. If they are in the cupboard, they talk to me until they are gone. We are having a b'day dinner next Friday, and I will pre-plan, write everything down and stick to it. The following day I have lunch with old friends at the Olive Garden. I know what I will have, and it will be more talking than eating.

I can do this...WE can do this!

Hope everyone has a great Sunday.

Chris
  • 10manda86
    Options
    Dinner 0 me 1. Stuck to my plan, and if I went over it was because I went back for second veggies.... had my planned piece of chocolate cake and because I was full of veggies stuck to my one piece of cake! Well done to me!!!