Like Minded Lushes - October 2013

Options

Replies

• kblue2007
    kblue2007 Posts: 2,564 Member
    Options
    Great pics Robin, so sweet!!!

Ashley, hope Eric's blood owkr simmers down....have fun trying for #2 :smile:

Last night, 2 smallish glasses of wine, about 8oz.

Weekly rundown:
    Monday: 2 vodka/crystal lights
    Tuesday: 1 beer...11oz technically :wink:
    Wednesday: 2 vodka/crystal lights
    Thuesday-8oz of wine

Not too bad...moderate but consistent!!!

Tonight Citizen Cope, WOOT!!!!!!

Have a great weekend everyone!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Better_Balance_2011
    Better_Balance_2011 Posts: 3,711 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the well wishes on bloodwork. The dr. basically told him his body just doens't process alcohol well. His older (I think he is 14 years older) brother has the same issues. Binge drinks on weekends; has high enzymes.....

Cute babies! I jus saw a tiny 4 week baby yesterday. Makes me excited for another.

Last night's recap: about a glass and a half of red velvet while watching Grey's. Friend and I truly took advantage of but one get one free (or as most call it, half price wine night) and we brought home about half of the second bottle of pinot grigio. I poured a small glass when I got home and didn't drink hardly any of it. I was awake from about 5-6 am this morning again, and I'm coming down with something, so if I drink tonight, it will be minimal. I'm sleepy and snotty.

Happy weekend!!!
  • rjadams
    rjadams Posts: 4,060 Member
    Options
    Another successful day yesterday. Video - check, dreadmill - check, clean eating and under calories - check, Alcohol - ZERO again :bigsmile:

I am so feeling motivated. I guess I should go visit my babies more often.

Actually to be honest with you all the motivation comes from seeing Holly (my younger daughter almost 28) she is georgeous. I look at her and remember the figure I had when I was 28 and I want to look more like that again. She works hard to keep in shape and she and I worked hard together last time. (She lost 40 pounds when I lost 30 but she has kept it off for 3 years.) So when I need motivation again I need to see her.

Have a great day lushes!
  • kellyspring76
    kellyspring76 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Went on a trip for work... and found Michelob Ultra hiding behind the blankets in my hotel room. Obviously a lushy like me was there before. :laugh:

"Did I drink one," you ask? Nah... I'm a wine girl through and through.
  • SoCalWoman
    SoCalWoman Posts: 2,384 Member
    Options
    beer under the bed...thats a new one! I've found an empty bottle of wine next to my bed before :wink:

Good job on the motivation, robin! Our kid's youth is definitely inspiring. I need a visit from mine. In the meantime I'm moderating pretty well...exercise is back on track. I've lost all the vacation weight I put on..plus a little extra. Hope to get to a new lowest number before the holidays. I can do this!
    80 degree temps here all next week...no excuse not to get out and about :glasses:

Have a great weekend everyone! :drinker:
  • zippo32
    zippo32 Posts: 1,419 Member
    Options
    Fri - 6 beers
    NLCS Win!!!
  • crazycat59
    crazycat59 Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    7 Natural lights Sat
    10 Natural lights Fri while in the hot tub

During the week the goal is 4 only......

Everybody have a good week!
  • Better_Balance_2011
    Options
    Friday I had about 3 oz of white. I have come down with some sort of funk, so I was in bed by 10. It was lovely.

Saturday had a beer at lunch, then one at home, then about 3 glasses of red and 2 glasses of apple pie moonshine that made me forget the ending of a movie we watched, but did not make me hungover the next day. Damn everclear....

Sunday - 0.

Will probaly have a 0 Monday and Tuesday or maybe a small glass of red as there's an open bottle of pinot noir on the counter..... Wednesday is family pics by a friend and he's coming to dinner after (making Guiness beef stew) so we will drink. Who knows about the rest of the week.
  • kblue2007
    Options
    Lushy weekend....no surprise that happened considering there was a beerfest involved!!! Yesterday I didn't feel bad at all though....I did sneak away and go to bed at 8pm saturday, so that's probably the reason! Had two beers yesterday, while making hard cider....you wouldn't believe how easy it is!!! I mean it took all of 30mins MAYBE to put everything together and now it just sits and ferments :happy:

PEARL JAM TONIGHT....WHAT WHAT, super excited!! Only thing that would make it better is if I didn't have to work tomorrow....not that I am going to drink too much tonight, but we probably won't get home until well after my bedtime....and considering 9pm is my bedtime....uh yeah...I'll be sleepy tomorrow!!!! I am such an old lady :laugh:
  • kellyspring76
    kellyspring76 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Cabernet Sauvignon on Sunday. Monday? not too sure yet.

kblue - how was Pearl Jam??!! \m/
  • kblue2007
    Options

kblue - how was Pearl Jam??!! \m/

Its tonight but you know what I can already tell you its gonna ROCK!!!!!! We are seeing them next sunday in Baltimore too!!!!!!!! :love:
  • nisijam5
    nisijam5 Posts: 10,390 Member
    Options
    Oh, my lushes have been busy I see....

Cute pics Robin. I am glad that you are motivated and you will see results soon. I've lost my mojo as well and I need to regroup very, very soon.

Ashley, your stew sounds yummy. I have a recipe for Guinness Rubens that is in my "to try" pile. I am thinking for St. Pat's Day.

Sydney - I admire your ability to stick with it - new low weight :drinker: :drinker: :smokin:

Kate - Concert sounds awesome!!

Lushy weekend here....

Monday, 0
    Tuesday, 0
    Wednesday, 0
    Thursday, 0
    Friday - 3 beers at Cowboy Jacks
    Saturday - 2 beers at lunch & 5 vodka/soda at bowling - plus, 5 to 6 oz out of my flask that I packed (11'ish)
    Sunday - 2 - 30 oz at Chammps, 2 - 16 oz at Wild Bill's - 3 Corona at home (lots of football watching during this time) - 11 total

Total: 23 for the week - I think I need to work on moderation. That's a pound a week just in alcohol alone.

I leave for Chicago on Thursday with some girlfriends and return Saturday so I am sure that lushness will prevail. I'll be going to the big jewelry, gem and fashion show.

I am ready to hibernate for the winter. We had our first snow flurries this weekend, brrrrrr.

No drinking until Thursday....
  • SoCalWoman
    SoCalWoman Posts: 2,384 Member
    Options
    <----OINK, OINK Sydney!!
    All that weight I lost I may have just put back on in one weekend...it seems like the husband and I spent the entire weekend eating!! The drinking was moderated fairly well..no hangovers...but I have a frickin food hangover! I had amazing Chinese food last night but I feel like CRAP today. I'm hoping the scale is just showing sodium weight..and I can exercise it off today and be back to normal tomorrow. I also indulged in loaded nachos, REAL ice cream, and a big ol rib eye steak this weekend. Had red wine as well.

I love reading everyone's activities...beerfests, concerts, watching movies and not remembering the ending (that made me laugh...I do that too), bowling, football watching...Sounds like the lushes are doing great :drinker: :drinker:
  • crazycat59
    crazycat59 Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    HEHEHE! Oh yes, I kept to 4 tonight. 4 shots of tequila with dt. 7 up. Very nice!

:drinker:
  • nisijam5
    nisijam5 Posts: 10,390 Member
    Options
    Good job Pam...way to moderate...what size shot glass? He, he...

Monday, 0

Very, very tired...:yawn:
  • Better_Balance_2011
    Options
    Well we went ahead and got rid of that pinot noir.....
    Monday - 2 glasses of wine.
    Tuesday will be a 0.
  • kblue2007
    Options
    PJ was fabulous!!! Amazing 34song set list, 3hr show and boy am I tired!!! We didn't get to bed until after 1....traffic leaving those big venues is BRUTAL!!!!!!!!!!!!! :yawn:
    I made Len bring me a roadie of pineapple vodka and crystal light. Then we meet up with with SIL and BIL and had two beers, grabbed a beer when we got in and that was it. I was nice and sober the whole show...can't tell you the last time I went to a show and was sober!!!!
    Not sure about tonight. I really need to get in some exercise but it will probably just be a 2mile round trip walk to the market. I can't wait to get into the gym tomorrow morning! Did I honestly just say that :huh:
  • Better_Balance_2011
    Options

I was nice and sober the whole show...can't tell you the last time I went to a show and was sober!!!!

I hear ya. I have had to go back to my Bonnaroo app several times to see if I actually saw so and so band. They all ran together in my haze of booze.....

Glad you had a great time!
  • kblue2007
    Options

I was nice and sober the whole show...can't tell you the last time I went to a show and was sober!!!!

I hear ya. I have had to go back to my Bonnaroo app several times to see if I actually saw so and so band. They all ran together in my haze of booze.....

Glad you had a great time!

Bonnaroo is a PARTY though....so that is acceptable :wink: I make no promises about sunday's show in baltimore though...we are off the next day!!!
  • wolf23
    wolf23 Posts: 4,169 Member
    Options
    Made it back from the girls weekend up in the mountains. It was a fab time. On Saturday we went to the Woolly Worm festival and this is the first year I had a winning worm. For those who are not familiar with Woolly Worms... they are those fuzzy black and brown caterpillars you see in the Fall, really kind of cute :) Anyways, My worm won the heat which was $25 and then he won the semi-finals which was $75 but then came in second on the final :( That would have been $1000! and he would have predicted the winter weather for the area, but that was not meant to be. It was a blast either way.

We then drove to Charlotte, NC and went to the Renaissance Fair on Sunday. This was my sister's first time at one and she enjoyed every minute of it to the point where she bought a costume with corset and flower headdress and got into character.

Lots of eating and drinking, but not too much seeing I was the DD. The scale only has me up a pound but I think that even though I ate and drank more, I also walked a ton. To be honest I didn't even keep track, but had a perpetually good buzz most of the time ;)

Missed my lushes...need to go back and read what I missed! :drinker: