Leslie Sansone November 2013 Walk Challenge

Options
texasgardnr
texasgardnr Posts: 2,660 Member
WELCOME to all walkers! Tomorrow is the first day of, can you believe it.... November, and time to be planning on joining the new monthly challenge tomorrow! It is almost time for the winter holiday season to begin. Think turkey and stuffing, as well as more pumpkin bagels as well as many other pumpkin infused bites of deliciousness... including the most awesome of all ~ Pumpkin Pie ~.

Having Leslie's DVDs to pop in the player will help us stay strong and fit as we enjoy the season these next two months.

This group is open to any and all walkers. The majority of us use Leslie Sansone Walk At Home workouts, but those great walks outside or on the treadmill, as well as other Walking DVDs, count also. However you get your walk on, join us!

We are a positive, supportive group, and I promise that this challenge will motivate, challenge, as well as inspire you!

Set your goal for how many miles you want to walk, indoors or out, this month. Post your results daily, weekly, however you like.

If you happened to find this group during the month it doesn't matter which day of the month that you join in. Just set your goals to reflect what you want to walk for the remaining days. You are ALWAYS welcome!

It is always fun to read which DVD, whether Leslie or another instructor, that you used. Or whatever form your walk took, whether outdoors or on the treadmill or anything in between. We all could use some new inspiration sometimes, and inquiring minds sometimes just want to know. So please share if you would like to.

So tie up those shoes and get some water, and let's start walking the November 2013 challenge together :flowerforyou: .

Replies

• sussexbythesea
    sussexbythesea Posts: 1,335 Member
    Options
    Oh wow -I am first! With 9 days away on business and likely no WiFi most most of them I am going for 50 miles this month.
  • 2essie
    2essie Posts: 2,867 Member
    Options
    I am second and right behind you Chris (you beat me too it lol).

I will do 140 miles this month. It tires me out just thinking about it lol.
  • mamaomefo
    mamaomefo Posts: 418 Member
    Options
    Hello ladies, count me in for November. I will walk 90 miles this month. Even with the holidays, hopefully I can make this goal! Best of luck to all who go here. ????
  • plipsurt
    plipsurt Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    I am taking up the challenge :smile:
    My goal is to cover an average of 3 miles per day so I guess that makes 90 miles in the month of November. Best get moving then!
  • VCanadapt
    VCanadapt Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    Im In! 40 miles this month
  • karencymru
    karencymru Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I'm in - did 4 miles today before finding the group thanks to plipsurt. I will aim for 50 miles this month so only another 46 to go!.
  • rainbow198
    rainbow198 Posts: 2,245 Member
    Options
    I will be joining again this month! I'm going ice skating today so I probably won't walk today, but I am planning on doing a 5 mile video sometime this weekend. I am going to aim for 110 miles. I'm hoping to 3 - 4 miles 6 days per week

2essie - 140 miles this month sounds amazing! You can do it!

Good luck everyone and keep walking!
  • tami101
    tami101 Posts: 617 Member
    Options
    I'm in! Going for 100 miles in November! =)
  • Limeynana
    Options
    ok figured it out.... lol
    I will walk 40 miles this month for sure..... maybe more... love this challenge
  • AnnofB
    AnnofB Posts: 3,588 Member
    Options
    Count me in. I'm going for 90 miles this time around.
  • AnnofB
    AnnofB Posts: 3,588 Member
    Options
    90 Mile Goal

11-1 3 Mile Weight Loss Walk

87 Miles to go
  • 2essie
    Options
    Well done Ann.

TARGET 140

TODAY 10 miles walked

130 left to go.
  • sussexbythesea
    Options
    Well done to both of you!
    Goal 50
    Nov 1st 2 miles
    48 left
  • texasgardnr
    texasgardnr Posts: 2,660 Member
    Options
    I haven't figured out my goal yet but will :laugh: . I'm taking a 3 day weekend off from walking and any strength/toning exercise and will start back on Monday. I feel that I need the break, but will probably find enough yard work to more than make up for it. But that will target different muscles and will be good for me :glasses:

There is some serious mileage being planned for November. You all rock!!

:flowerforyou:
  • mamaomefo
    mamaomefo Posts: 418 Member
    Options
    Happy walking to all!

Goal 90 miles

Nov. 1- .75 miles walked

89.25 miles remaining
  • supplemama
    supplemama Posts: 1,956 Member
    Options
    I'm doing 3 walks this month:

1) Leslie Sansone 5 Mile Fat Burner Walk + Cooldown (6 days a week)
    2) Leslie Sansone 3 Mile Radio Remixes Walk to the Hits + Cooldown (4 days a week)
    3) 1 mile walk to library (half mile there, half mile back on my rest day once a week)

Goal for November: 180 miles
    To date: 10 miles
    Left: 170 miles
  • sussexbythesea
    Options
    You are amazing supplemama I am so jealous of all the DVDs you can get in USA only seem to be basic ones available in UK format so I have to rely on youtube and it has been freezing :( meanwhile I will continue too walk outside weather permitting!
  • rainbow198
    rainbow198 Posts: 2,245 Member
    Options
    I started my walks today!

Nov 2nd - 5 miles

Goal: 110 miles
  • 2essie
    Options
    Target for November 140

left to date 130

today 7 miles