Stage 1

Options

Replies

• TriLifter
    TriLifter Posts: 1,283 Member
    Options
    Prone Jacknife has been mastered - its amazing how good a mood not falling of a Swiss Ball can put you in :)

Yay!!!

I added a 25 lb plate to my Swiss ball crunches today.
  • WannabeStressFree
    WannabeStressFree Posts: 340 Member
    Options
    Stage 1 Day 2 done! Feeling so good!! We got this!!
  • lawlorka
    lawlorka Posts: 484 Member
    Options
    Prone Jacknife has been mastered - its amazing how good a mood not falling of a Swiss Ball can put you in :)

Yay!!!

I added a 25 lb plate to my Swiss ball crunches today.

I have Stage 1 Workout B2 tonight and I think I'm going to add weight to my Swiss ball crunches too. I don't find the normal way challenging enough!!!
  • rduhlir
    rduhlir Posts: 3,550 Member
    Options
    Well S1W2 is done, here are the stats for that:

Deadlifts: 65 lbs
    Lat Pulldowns: 50 lbs
    Shoulder Press: 10 lbs each
    Lunge: 5 lbs each
    **Decline Crunches: 8

I didn't have access to a swiss ball so I ended up just doing decline crunches.
  • Saucy_lil_Minx
    Saucy_lil_Minx Posts: 3,302 Member
    Options
    Doing third workout of Stage 1 tonight, but I think I my have something wrong with the way I am doing it. This has been my approach on the last two workouts:

1st set of squats 40lbs./ 15 reps
    1st set of push-ups 45* 10 out of 15
    1st set of seated rows 60lbs./ 15
    1 set of step-ups 20lbs./ 15 (each leg)
    1st set of prone jackknife 10/8

then.... second set

did this on workout plan B on Wednesday too

But am i suppose to be doing

1 set of squats
    wait 60 seconds
    2 set of squats
    wait 60 seconds
    1 set of push-ups
    wait 60 seconds
    1 set of seated rows
    wait 60 seconds
    2 set of push-ups
    wait 60 seconds
    2 set of seated rows
    wait 6- seconds
    ..... and then continue on with the step-ups, and prone jackknifes in same fashion

?
  • rduhlir
    Options

1 set of squats
    wait 60 seconds
    2 set of squats
    wait 60 seconds
    1 set of push-ups
    wait 60 seconds
    1 set of seated rows
    wait 60 seconds
    2 set of push-ups
    wait 60 seconds
    2 set of seated rows
    wait 6- seconds
    ..... and then continue on with the step-ups, and prone jackknifes in same fashion

?

Correct. In the book they are labeled, 1, 2A, 2B, 3A, 3B, etc...

You alternate A and B. So the work out will be Squats (both sets)/Push-ups/Rows/Push-ups/Rows/Step-ups/Jackknife/Step-ups/Jackknife

--Separate question--
    What was the final agreement on the lunges? Is it 15 each leg or 15 total? I can't remember lol.
  • Saucy_lil_Minx
    Options

1 set of squats
    wait 60 seconds
    2 set of squats
    wait 60 seconds
    1 set of push-ups
    wait 60 seconds
    1 set of seated rows
    wait 60 seconds
    2 set of push-ups
    wait 60 seconds
    2 set of seated rows
    wait 6- seconds

?

Correct. In the book they are labeled, 1, 2A, 2B, 3A, 3B, etc...

You alternate A and B. So the work out will be Squats (both sets)/Push-ups/Rows/Push-ups/Rows/Step-ups/Jackknife/Step-ups/Jackknife

--Separate question--
    What was the final agreement on the lunges? Is it 15 each leg or 15 total? I can't remember lol.

I did 15 per a leg, but It just about killed me .... lol

I had thought I was doing it wrong both sessions, but I was not sure. I was more worried about my nerves, and my overload of of info. I still felt the workout so I am sure I still accomplished some good, but tonight I will be sure to do it right! Thank You
  • WannabeStressFree
    Options
    At NancyRose:
    I feel I'm still working out the kinks , guess first few workouts are learning and the rest we knock out of the ballpark!!
  • Saucy_lil_Minx
    Options
    At NancyRose:
    I feel I'm still working out the kinks , guess first few workouts are learning and the rest we knock out of the ballpark!!

Completely agree :drinker: It's a learning process, and no one is instantly perfect. So here we are on the path to enlightenment together. happy to have you along the way :happy: !!!
  • lawlorka
    Options
    Back from Workout B2. Happy with how it went.

Increased my deadlift to 25kg kept everything else the same because I struggled with them last time.

Can already tell I'm going to be sore tomorrow!
  • lawlorka
    Options
    Workout A3 was yesterday evening. Lower reps so I upped the weight for everything - I even managed to get the Olympic bar onto the squat rack without help!

Squat - 35kg/12 x 2 (I feel like a beast doing these :) !!!)
    Press Up - 45degrees/12 x 2 (these were really really hard and I almost collapsed a couple of times so I think I'll stay at this level for a few workouts!)
    Seated Row - 20kg/12, 25kg/12 (25kg was tough and I almost didn't make it, and I'm pretty sure my form was rubbish so have to work on that)
    Step Up - 9kg/12 x 2 (moving this up again next time)
    Prone Jacknife - BW/10 X 2 (I can't believe I ever found these difficult!)
  • WannabeStressFree
    Options
    My A2 workout was yesterday, I'm feeling sore because I pushed myself but feeling good!
    Push ups are very callenging for me, even on my knees, I collapse at rep 8. So this is something I'll keep working on.
    I did Step ups with 40lbs and holding the weights was difficult, I guess my grip is weak! I also evelated the step to be higher than last A workout.
    The Prone Jacknife is doable, but I feel it working out my entire body- I love it!
    And I feel so Beastlike doing my Bar Squats, I did the Olympic bar- I love it!!!
    Hope everyone is well!!
  • TriLifter
    Options
    My A2 workout was yesterday, I'm feeling sore because I pushed myself but feeling good!
    Push ups are very callenging for me, even on my knees, I collapse at rep 8. So this is something I'll keep working on.
    I did Step ups with 40lbs and holding the weights was difficult, I guess my grip is weak! I also evelated the step to be higher than last A workout.
    The Prone Jacknife is doable, but I feel it working out my entire body- I love it!
    And I feel so Beastlike doing my Bar Squats, I did the Olympic bar- I love it!!!
    Hope everyone is well!!

40 lbs in each hand, or total?!
  • pkrichar
    pkrichar Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    I am wondering if this is something I should even be considering trying at my age, 51? I read the book and many of the comments on the board and it sounds like a good way to get fit.
  • rduhlir
    Options
    S1W2 done...here are the stats:

Squats: 15 x 55 lbs
    Push-ups: 15 x normal push-ups
    Seated Rows: 15 x 50 lbs
    Step-ups: 15 x BW
    Prone Jackknife: 8 x BW

Deadlifts: 15 x 75 lbs
    Dumbbell Shoulder Press: 15 x 10 lbs (each hand)
    Wide-grip Lat Pulldowns: 15 x 50 lbs
    Lunge: 15 x 5 lbs (each hand)
    Swiss-ball Crunch: 8 x BW
  • lawlorka
    Options
    Stage 1 Workout A4 completed today.

I'm progressing well I think - had to take a few rest days coz my back was twinging.

Squats: 12 x 37.5kg (2 sets)
    Push-ups: 12 x 45degree push ups (2 sets)
    Seated Rows: 12 x 25kg (1 set) 12 x 20kg (1 set)
    Step-ups: 12 x 10kg (2 sets)
    Prone Jackknife: 10 x BW

I do like this workout out. Feel like I really know what I'm doing with it all now
  • TriLifter
    Options
    Really looking forward to tonight's workout (A). I've always loved squats and I've been increasing the weight every time. I think tonight I'll start with 95 lbs for the first set and increase to 100 for the second two! I love, love, love this workout! :love:
  • WannabeStressFree
    Options
    I am wondering if this is something I should even be considering trying at my age, 51? I read the book and many of the comments on the board and it sounds like a good way to get fit.

I think this would be great at any age! Though I'm not medically trained, but maybe your Dr could help
  • salsacatblue
    Options
    Just started A1 today!

My gym was super busy and I couldn't wait for my turn for barbell so I did the squat with dumbbell today.

Squat 15lbx2 15 rep 1 set 20lbx2 15 rep 1 set
    Seated row 30lb 15 rep 1 set 45lb 15 rep 1 set
    push up on work bench 15 rep 2 set
    step up on bech BW 15 rep 2 set
    prone jack knife 8rep 2 set

I misread the book and did special work out on the end : P oh well now i am rereading the book and realized that you are supposed to do that after last work out for stage 1! I guess I can compare this to the last and see how much a progress I made in 6 weeks. step up was the hardest for me, I am wondering if it is too high for my hight. I am 5'1 and used the bench about a foot off ground, it was chanrenging to complete 15 with ought any weight..
    my number seems so small compare to the others but I will work my way up!
  • rduhlir
    Options
    S1A3 done today...

Squats: 12 x 65 lbs
    Push-ups: 12 x normal push-ups...raised feet up on the aerobic step
    Seated Rows: 12 x 60 lbs
    Step-ups: 12 x BW+10lbs (5 lb each hand)
    Prone Jackknife: 10 x BW