Options
    My husband would like the 'black-and-white' logic of this quote:

"It's actually pretty simple - either you DO IT, or you don't!"

Guess that about sums it up!

So, LET'S DO IT!!!
  • kvonjohn
    kvonjohn Posts: 569 Member
    Options
    Hi guys. Just feeling kinda blah this week but I'm not gonna let it keep me down. The joy of the Lord IS my strength!

Week 6 points= 122

1. water- 6/7 days= 30
    2. Sodium- 0
    3. Workouts- 2 @10 pts + 3 @ 5 pts= 35
    4. Bad habit change- 6/7 days= 25
    5. New habit- 6/7 days= 25
    6. Positive- 2/7= 2
    7. Smack talk- done= 5

Week 7

Sunday
    1. 44 mins, 262 cals Leslie Sansone= 3 actual miles

2. 150 core reps- 50 flutter kicks, 25 ea back extensions, rear leg lifts, good mornings, side bends/ 50 balance ball situps- I have back problems so I have to modify these

3. 10 min stretching done

4. I think I may have hit this but not sure so we'll just go with no

My distance goal is the 30 miles it takes to reach my mother's house.

Nothing for Monday- except for yes to veggies (collard greens x2, orange) busy day

Tuesday

1. 113 min, 1156 cals Zumba= 13.56 miles

2. 150 core reps- 50 flutter kicks, 25 ea back extensions, rear leg lifts, frog kicks, Russian twists/ 20 modified floor situps

3. 10 mins stretching done

4. 3 F&V- collard greensx3, sweet potato (this is a veggie right?) (oh and yes I love collard greens!)
  • kvonjohn
    Options
    fit_zpsa4c3c39d.jpg
  • pamcuster
    pamcuster Posts: 770 Member
    Options
    Ewwww! My husband loves collards too; he's still bringing them in from the garden...and they stink up the whole house when I cook them! When I was really young, my dad force-fed me some turnip greens (which made me sick,) so I don't eat ANY cooked greens!

With all that said, good job, cause I know they're super-good for you!

And we're here for you even when you're feeling blah...we all have those times; just hang in there!

:heart:
  • kvonjohn
    Options
    Thanks!
    7e873724-536b-43c6-9239-b4138eea99f6_zps3e80ac71.jpg

FYI I don't eat turnip greens either. :sick: Only collards:love:
  • kristinc06837
    kristinc06837 Posts: 630 Member
    Options
    Howdy on the reps shari had said before just do what reps I can since cardio and core are a wee bit difficult right now lol so hopefully they still work :) I'm doing them anyways trying to keep my ub stronf for packing around a newborn! Lol its amazing how heavy they can feel since they don't help hold on like my 2 1/2 year old lol
  • jaajh
    jaajh Posts: 1,262 Member
    Options
    Howdy on the reps shari had said before just do what reps I can since cardio and core are a wee bit difficult right now lol so hopefully they still work :) I'm doing them anyways trying to keep my ub stronf for packing around a newborn! Lol its amazing how heavy they can feel since they don't help hold on like my 2 1/2 year old lol

Yes, she told me (on a previous occasion when we had to do core reps) that you could count ANY sort of reps. So I will add your reps to the chart now.
  • jaajh
    Options
    TUESDAY:

WORKOUT: 32 minutes of circuits and 20 minutes of aerobics = 52 minutes of vigourous activity = 6 miles. Then continued straight on with cardio and lower body reps for 10 minutes - so another mile there. TOTAL 7 miles.
    Calories burned: 608

REPS: 50 sit-ups and 50 reverse curls

STRETCHING: 10 minutes done

Fruit and veg: 5 today (although I have to admit I blended the watermelon and added it to a glass of vodka! Still counts as fruit though :bigsmile: )

SPREADSHEET UPDATED TO HERE!
  • jaajh
    Options
    And my encouragement for today is just to

KEEP GOING!

You are all doing so well! Splurge days been not so negative, MANY miles being covered, lots of fruit and veg being consumed and even fences being built :laugh: (It's looking GREAT Nonna!)

If you do need a little more encouragement, then I want to repeat Mary's advice of last week (that I finally followed this morning :blushing: ) get out your tape measure and take your measurements again. We are half way though the challenge so see how far you have come. I was very pleasantly surprised when I did this today :bigsmile: So thank you Mary :flowerforyou:

Oh- and I also got closer to one of my challenge goals today. I wanted to run 8 km (5 miles) in under an hour. I DID manage to RUN 8 km this morning (first time in about a year!) - and was SO CLOSE to my goal: 1 hour, 1 minute and 8 seconds! I CAN DO THIS in the next 6 weeks :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile:
  • pamcuster
    Options

KEEP GOING!

You are all doing so well! Splurge days been not so negative, MANY miles being covered, lots of fruit and veg being consumed and even fences being built :laugh: (It's looking GREAT Nonna!)

If you do need a little more encouragement, then I want to repeat Mary's advice of last week (that I finally followed this morning :blushing: ) get out your tape measure and take your measurements again. We are half way though the challenge so see how far you have come. I was very pleasantly surprised when I did this today :bigsmile: So thank you Mary :flowerforyou:

Oh- and I also got closer to one of my challenge goals today. I wanted to run 8 km (5 miles) in under an hour. I DID manage to RUN 8 km this morning (first time in about a year!) - and was SO CLOSE to my goal: 1 hour, 1 minute and 8 seconds! I CAN DO THIS in the next 6 weeks :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile:

And rewarded yourself with vodka and watermelon...AWESOME!!!

I literally laughed out loud when I read that!

Congrats on your running success!
  • jaajh
    Options

KEEP GOING!

And rewarded yourself with vodka and watermelon...AWESOME!!!

I literally laughed out loud when I read that!

Congrats on your running success!

LOL - in fact the vodka and watermelon (very nice if you ever want to try it!) was last night (Tuesday!) and the run was this morning (Wednesday)! So MAYBE that's the secret! Have a drink the evening before you plan a big PB run :laugh: Not sure race officials would agree with me there :ohwell:
  • fang19423
    fang19423 Posts: 1,407 Member
    Options

Yes, she told me (on a previous occasion when we had to do core reps) that you could count ANY sort of reps. So I will add your reps to the chart now.

Yes Ali and Kristin,
    Sheri confirmed same to me today ... and she also said she is so proud that Kristin is staying with the challenge. Go Kristin go, you are a true inspiration. :drinker:
  • fang19423
    fang19423 Posts: 1,407 Member
    Options
    WEDNESDAY - week 7

#1 WORKOUT MILES: 52 minutes walk away the pounds with LS: walk slim - 4 fast miles (620 cals) & 10 mins circuit training (100 cals – at 10kcals pm equates to 1.2 miles) Total 5.2 miles done. (4.44 w/o miles to do and all walk/run miles done)
    #2 REPS Core zero, SIT-UPS 30 (all core reps done / 10 s/up's yet to do)
    #3 FLEXING 10 mins done (10mins flex x 1 days yet to do)
    #4 Personal: FRUIT/VEGGIES : 9
    & Miles goal: Bettystown to Dun Laoghaire 23.66/35 miles done

And my encouragement

Just keep going Sharks

“Today it hurts :angry: .... tomorrow it works!:bigsmile: ”

SPREADSHEET UPDATED TO HERE

@Ali - I would like some of your vodka watermelon now :laugh:
  • pamcuster
    Options
    Wednesday:

workout miles: 12 (120 minutes of mowing, bagging, etc. - this was 2-60 min sessions!) Sorry to be mowing for exercise again, but Honey is doing other things, so it really helps him out; plus, it *is* a nice change from my usual dvds.
    calories: 584
    core reps: 50
    sit-ups: 20
    fr/veg: 3 (I actually had strawberries, bananas, bell pepper, arugula, avocado, and cabbage; but the serving sizes were small on some of those, so I'm just saying three...)
    stretch: NO!

I put this on the chart...
  • barkingbetty
    barkingbetty Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    Hey Sharks! Everyone is doing great and I loved hearing about vodka and watermelon! Sounds delicious and hydrating too!

Here are my results from Tuesday and Wednesday:

TUESDAY:
    workout: stationary bike, 60 minutes.
    miles: 5
    calories burned: 479
    core reps: 100
    full sit-ups: 50
    flex time: 10 minutes
    fruit/veggies: 8 servings

WEDNESDAY:
    workout: turbo chair 25 minutes
    miles: 2
    calories burned: 164
    core reps: 0
    full sit-ups:0
    flex time: 0
    fruit/veggies: 6 servings

I forgot to include my calories for Sunday and Monday:
    Sunday calories: 366
    Monday calories: 1,162

GO SHARKS!!
  • kvonjohn
    Options
    excuses_zps39525784.jpg
  • pamcuster
    Options
    Pertaining to exercise...

"There will be a day when I can no longer do this;
    TODAY IS NOT THAT DAY!"

Let's give it all we got before the weigh-in!

(Can you tell that the weigh-ins always make me nervous and anxious?! I'm forever the one saying, "Oh my word, the weigh-in is here again!!!)

:sick:
  • jaajh
    Options
    WEDNESDAY:

WORKOUT: 61 minutes running - 5 actual miles (but I only need 1 more there - so counting 1 actual mile and 4 workout miles!)
    Calories burned: 637.
    (I have now got to my Nan's house and am on my way back to my parents - 24 down, 16 more to go :noway: Only wish this was "real" and that I had just been able to pay a visit to my Nan :ohwell: )

REPS: 50 sit-ups and then 300 core reps for Rep It Up Wednesday! (3 x 25 reverse crunches, 3 x 25 double crunches, 2 x 25 pike crunches and 4 x 25 oblique crunches) - and yes, my stomach muscles ACHE!
    (Have done all my reps for this week now, but will still keep going with my daily sit-ups! Yes, I am crazy!)

STRETCHING: Did my 10 minutes

FRUIT AND VEG: 5 today! (And no, no vodka with ANY of them :laugh: )

SPREADSHEET UPDATED TO HERE!
  • jaajh
    Options
    excuses_zps39525784.jpg

:love: :heart: :love: :heart: this!
  • jaajh
    Options
    @ Pam - it seems you can put off that weigh in for another 24 hours if you want :laugh:

SHERI POSTED THIS:

ELIMINATION CHALLENGERS - Slight change this week and next....Because of the holidays...etc....You have an extra day this week to completed the challenge and the miles (points week will remain the same) - TALK to your team leaders - if they need your #'s ealier to get them posted than you need to make arrangements with them/me to work that out...you now have until Saturday morning (instead of Friday - I'll be putting up the challenge for next week probably late Saturday night (middle of the night for most of you) but it will be largely focused on the holiday so shouldn't be a huge deal you getting it late....for those a day ahead....just do a workout Sunday if that's your normal day to workout - I will work with you if there are issues with it going up later than normal. Weigh In can be Friday or Saturday morning for anyone who wants the extra day OR if you want to stay on schedule....sorry if this messes anyone up....and for some...you may really appreciate the extra day! ;-) Hope you guys are having an AWESOME Week!!!

I believe it is my turn to round up all the weigh ins and post to Sheri this week, and I am super amazingly busy on Friday so wouldn't have been free then. (Last day with my best friend in town :sad: :sad: ) So in fact Sheri's late change of plan helps me out. I will collect up all your weigh ins on Saturday morning and post. This gives you an extra 24 hours to get those miles in! (I might even get "back home" to see my parents now :laugh: ) BUT if you want to keep to the original plan and weigh in tomorrow you can. (I am likely to weigh in tomorrow as usual, but still use the time after 10 am to get in some miles if I need it.) As long as everything is entered by 10 am on Saturday, it is good!

SO GET THOSE MILES IN SHARKS!