Introduce yourself!

Options

Replies

• NakedKristy
    Options
    Hello! I'm Kristy and I've got 37 more pounds to go. I joined the challenge last month, but failed within a few days when family visisted. I'm feeling extra motivated and encouraged with some recent success, so here's to being successful this time around. I'm most looking forward to incorporating the daily exercise. 20 minutes minimum? There is NO reason I can't do that.

Good Luck and Happy Holidays everyone!
  • airangel59
    airangel59 Posts: 1,887 Member
    Options
    Hey all :flowerforyou:

I'm Ellen, 54, from Arizona and this will be my 3rd UAC & looking forward to it keeping me honest & active. I'm set for 1250 calories, I love fast food & am a chocoholic and pre plan my food the nite before to make my life easier.

I work from home and it's a challenge to not raid the pantry & fridge...thankfully my mindset has been where it needs to be on this journey. I'm tired of yo yo'ing...losing the pounds and gaining them & more back.

Health issues are what brought me to MFP 541 days ago. A Fitbit Flex in July got my exercise motivation going (before that I was a very happy recliner potato, sigh). I just rec'd my 500 mile "badge". I've now swapped out my Flex for the Force. Currently I'm off my BP/Chol/DM meds and hoping lab work in Dec will keep me off them.

My exercise has been walking (both treadmill & outside) & my recumbent bike, I just started a wee bit of "jogging" mixed into my walks. It's not pretty, it's not sustained for even a minute at a time, but I'm trying .

Best of luck to everyone, hope to see you at the finish line
  • Jagreene62
    Jagreene62 Posts: 4,782 Member
    Options
    Hey, hey, hey everyone.....i'm baaaaack!!! My name is Judy and this will be my third time participating in this challenge. I started in October and finished. November I was a little concerned about Thanksgiving, but no worries only one more day left!! I am ready for December....so bring it on!! :bigsmile:
  • Sammie805
    Sammie805 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Hi im Sammie im 21 years old. Since recovering from an eating disorder a year ago ive slipped into unhealthy eating patterns and gained and lost weight over and over. I am hoping that making it through the accountability challenge will help me stay on track by consistently meeting healthy calorie goals and working towards the healthy fit body i want. My number one challenge is overeating at night. Im looking forward to this challenge keeping me active and honest about my progress and kickstart my weight loss to reach my goal of losing 30 lbs by next april.
    Good luck everyone!
  • mungowungo
    mungowungo Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm Robin am fairly new to MFP. I'm up for the challenge - a goal is always good to work for especially if it's broken up into manageable chunks - great idea,
  • theloftlady
    theloftlady Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Hi I'm Theloftlady and have been on MFP since August. I have lost 22lbs so far and am over the moon. I have spent my life watching my weight, losing a bit and then gaining heaps. This time I feel MFP has enabled me to change that yoyo pattern.

I am married with three children, one has emigrated to Mexico ????. I am in my 40s and only work part time as I have M.E. I have only been able to exercise during the last 7 years since June but now the cold weather is here I'm finding it harder to motivate myself. So I'm up for the challenge. I need this in December because I could so easily undo all the good I have done so far.

Can I ask. If my goal is 1600 but I exercise and gain an extra 400 calories (2000) can I eat them too or do I have to stay at 1600 to stay in the challenge?
  • divone1
    divone1 Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    Hello,

So excited to be part of the challenge, really need to recommit and get and stay on track. I will be 49 on 12/31 and would really like to go into my 50th year happy and healthy and firmly on track:) I have a great hubby, two wonderful kids (25 & 22) and three dogs (2 boxers and a cockkapoo puppy) that I love to pieces!!

Wishing everyone good luck and interested to hear any good tips for keeping the motivation going.
  • caradae
    caradae Posts: 743 Member
    Options
    Can I ask. If my goal is 1600 but I exercise and gain an extra 400 calories (2000) can I eat them too or do I have to stay at 1600 to stay in the challenge?

Hi, everyone! Welcome!

Theloftlady (love that name), yes, you can eat back calories you've earned through exercise, if you wish.
  • SkrillexFan
    Options
    I'm Kelly and I'm 19 years old. I can't remember ow long I've been using MFP for but I've been using it on/off because for te most part I've already met and kept my goal. My goal for December is to fight off the winter weight/Freshman 15 and to tone up because although I am really thin right now, I'm what I'd consider skinny fat /: so toning up is more important than losing weight to me (I barely have anything to lose anymore anyways lol). I'm going to be doing the brazil butt lift in December but skipping the Cardio Axe dvd and doing yoga in its place (I don't want to do too much cardio because I'm deathly afraid of getting too thin).
  • caradae
    caradae Posts: 743 Member
    Options
    Wishing everyone good luck and interested to hear any good tips for keeping the motivation going.

I find rewards pretty motivating. My reward so far has been 'me' days. If I can go an entire month staying on plan, my husband agrees to the kids to the zoo so I can have the day to read and write and take a breather.

I think having a daily and weekly reward plan would be even more motivating. Maybe $1 a day into a savings account for a new outfit or wardrobe?
  • GoldwingGrandma
    GoldwingGrandma Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Hello! I'm Cindy. I'm a 56 year old Grandma willing to take on this challenge! I'm hoping I can figure out all the posting! Good luck to everyone. This should be fun!
  • Hi, I'm Tammy. I'm a married, SAHM to 7 kids. Aged 7 to 24 :) A friend of mine told me, after having 5 of her own children, that you don't get your body back for about 5 years after you stop having babies! Well its been 7 years for me and so about two months ago I got serious about my weight loss, and have lost 15 lbs since..... I keep feeling better and better! I walk so far and gonna get back into swimming this month. Looking forward to the accountability here:)
  • catruff
    Options
    My name is Cathy and I want to lose 15lbs, I think. I haven't weighed myself in a long time but will tomorrow morning. My goal loss may change once the moment of truth occurs. I recently cut back on my nightly drinking-80+days and am determined to only do so now at social events. I used to be very fit and nutrition conscious, but I think I burned out-maybe to extreme. I am 45 years of age and am just needing some motivation. I know tracking is really the only way people can be accountable for their nutrition so I am excited that this will force me to do so.
    Thank you for starting this group!!!!!!!
  • NiccoleG
    NiccoleG Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Hi, everyone. I'm Cole. I've been with MFP for over a year. However, I have been really bad about not logging for months at a time. I'm one of the "eat something off limits, and the diet is blown for weeks" types. I'm struggling with the lifestyle concept, so I hope that joining this group will be the first of many steps in the right direction! Sorry for the long post.
  • crybaby2384
    crybaby2384 Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    Hi. I am Amber. I am a stay at home mom. I have 3 kids. I have been having a lot of trouble staying motivated. My kids are stressful and when I am stressed I tend to eat sweets. I am trying to get out of that habit though. I am hoping that this challenge will help keep me motivated.
  • Kerriann1083
    Kerriann1083 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Hi my name Kerri.... I am a mother of a beautiful daughter... I am also a stay at home mom... this is exactly the Type of group I have been looking for... for some extra motivation:-) I plain on joining a gym Monday and I can't wait..... sw-255 cw-239 1.)gw-190, 2)gw-150
  • minlyn22
    minlyn22 Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    Hi All! I am finishing up the November challenge (it was my first). I've lost probably like 8lbs during the challenge. It got me thru Thanksgiving and I was still able to enjoy myself and celebrate with family. I'm really getting in the hang of tracking and getting exercise everyday. I look forward to joining the December group and seeing everyone come through successfully.
    Thanks for coordinating another awesome challenge!!! :flowerforyou:
  • goldthistime
    goldthistime Posts: 3,214 Member
    Options
    Hellooooo. You guys know this challenge is for December right? The month with homemade Christmas treats foisted upon you at every turn, endless hours shopping, decorating, cleaning and drinking, a Christmas stocking filled with sweets and a Christmas dinner that compels you to wear your stretchy pants.

But much love Carradae, not only for starting and moderating this group but for sharing your past performance. I love the idea that even if we don't "win" per se, we can use the challenge as motivation to push a little harder.

So it's crazy but I'm in. In fact for me, it may have inched away from crazy towards impossible because an hour ago I hurt my Achilles in my tennis aerobics class (had to leave half way through).

Anyway good luck fellow competitors. Maybe we can do the impossible.
  • NEWYEARNEWME2014
    NEWYEARNEWME2014 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Hello laura here 37 years married with two kids. turning 38 jan 2nd. from dec 1st to jan 2nd I am working on my eating habit. and less on my exercise. I will be doing 50 to 100 squats a day plus cleaning my house and chasing my kids.It won't be to hard to get 20 mins in a day. looking to win this challenge. Cause I have to do it. For me and me only to prove that I can finish. looking forward to this.
  • sanfly
    sanfly Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm Sandie. I joined the November challenge looking for something to get me back on the wagon so to speak after 6 months of next to no exercise and eating pretty poorly, and it's worked out better that I anticipated. I made it all the way through, I'm feeling really good, and also lost 3.3kg (7.26lb) as of this mornings weigh in.

I've decided I want to keep this up at least as long as Christmas, and at this point I'm pretty confident I can get there. This challenge has helped make exercise and healthy eating a solid part of my routine again so it's not too much of a struggle :)

My aim is to get under 70kg by Xmas (69.9 will do) and to never get above 70kg again. As of today I'm 1.2kg off that mini-goal so pretty sure I can get there within the next couple of weeks and have a little wiggle room for Xmas day