Participant updates

Options

Replies

• jstmee
    jstmee Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    Having a great day. I'm going to end the day well. The only thing is, I'm not getting enough calories in. Couldn't go shopping and I'm eating healthy items that are in the house. I will have to prepare better.
  • Jagreene62
    Jagreene62 Posts: 4,782 Member
    Options
    Having a great day. I'm going to end the day well. The only thing is, I'm not getting enough calories in. Couldn't go shopping and I'm eating healthy items that are in the house. I will have to prepare better.

That is certainly a huge key to succeeding jstmee.....PLAN, PLAN, PLAN!! Especially, with the weather changing we have to make sure we are ready for sure!!! :drinker: However, a little treat now and then isn't bad either!! :bigsmile:
  • Jagreene62
    Options
    1st day was easy. 2nd already a challenge: I worked all day and had a supper at a restaurant in the evening with people from work. I had to do quickly my exercice in between. I camo home from work and put my exercice clothes, then do exercice, shower and dress up again and it was already time to go to the super. Proud to be still in the challenge. :)

Good for you....You put YOU first!!! It wasn't the perfect plan, but it worked, right? See, where theres a will theres a way!! YOU GOT THIS!! :bigsmile:
  • Jagreene62
    Options
    This month I plan to focus mainly on adding lots of exercise. I will stay with in my calorie budget, but with the added exercise I will also be able to enjoy the holiday parties. Even though I am trying to lose weight, I don't want to deprive myself of all the wonderful treats that I only eat this time of year. Nothing is worse than a bitter dieter at a party.

I walked for 2+ hours this morning and yesterday, so I am off to a good start.
    Good luck everyone and enjoy the challenge.

YOU GOT THAT RIGHT...A BITTER DIETER!!! :laugh:
  • JMatthews
    JMatthews Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Dec 2nd
    Exercise 22 minutes - yes
    Calorie goal - yes
    Log all food - yes
  • Jagreene62
    Options
    Dec 2nd
    Exercise 22 minutes - yes
    Calorie goal - yes
    Log all food - yes

Make sure you post these on the Dec. 2nd sign in Discussion Board. Each day a new one will be posted. CONGRATS on finishing today!! :flowerforyou:
  • LifesAStage
    Options
    Well, I can tell today is going to be hard. All four in my household are sick with the flu and that means Mom (me), also sick, will be in high demand. I tend to GAIN weight when sick (lucky me, right?) My goal is to focus on the positives so as not to get caught up in the negatives and fall into that terrible habit of stress eating.

Positives: (1.) No one was sick over Thanksgiving. We enjoyed a wonderful, relaxing holiday. (2.) Christmas shopping is mostly done, so no need to stress there (3.) My kids are usually pretty healthy, and when they're not, it reminds me of how blessed we are to have our health.
  • caradae
    caradae Posts: 743 Member
    Options
    Well, I can tell today is going to be hard. All four in my household are sick with the flu and that means Mom (me), also sick, will be in high demand. I tend to GAIN weight when sick (lucky me, right?) My goal is to focus on the positives so as not to get caught up in the negatives and fall into that terrible habit of stress eating.

Positives: (1.) No one was sick over Thanksgiving. We enjoyed a wonderful, relaxing holiday. (2.) Christmas shopping is mostly done, so no need to stress there (3.) My kids are usually pretty healthy, and when they're not, it reminds me of how blessed we are to have our health.

I love that you're choosing to do the challenge while taking care of your sick loved ones. Remember, though, if *you* get sick, put the challenge aside for a few days and rest up. There's nothing wrong with that and you won't be booted for it.
  • Calderon46
    Calderon46 Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    logging and tracking is the best way for me to stay in control of what I eat and be accountable
  • theloftlady
    theloftlady Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Really enjoying this challenge because it's making me exercise more and log everything I eat. And today was my weigh in and I've lost 1.5lbs
    I am so happy it's ridiculous!
  • Jagreene62
    Options
    Really enjoying this challenge because it's making me exercise more and log everything I eat. And today was my weigh in and I've lost 1.5lbs

:bigsmile: HAPPY HAPPY HAPPY....DOING THE HAPPY DANCE!!! :bigsmile:
  • clbooker76
    clbooker76 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Doing great!! More than anything, I'm proud of myself for taking the challenge and sticking to it. (I know it's only day three, but usually after two days, I'm done.)

Been very aware of what I am eating, only drinking water, and an occasional raspberry tea. :smile:
    Not craving anything... YAY!!

Loving getting out and walking at night, yet overnight it will drop down to 28 and stay below freezing for a week so I may have to hit the gym or my house will be REALLY clean!!

Congrats to all of us!! :wink:
  • Jagreene62
    Options
    Doing great!! More than anything, I'm proud of myself for taking the challenge and sticking to it. (I know it's only day three, but usually after two days, I'm done.)

Been very aware of what I am eating, only drinking water, and an occasional raspberry tea. :smile:
    Not craving anything... YAY!!

Loving getting out and walking at night, yet overnight it will drop down to 28 and stay below freezing for a week so I may have to hit the gym or my house will be REALLY clean!!

Congrats to all of us!! :wink:

You know...Texas is not THAT far from Florida and I have plenty of house to clean!!! Anytime!!! :bigsmile:
  • baileysmom4
    baileysmom4 Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    I've gotten up every day this week and walked on my treadmill! Have never ever made it more than one day.
  • teacup98
    Options
    Doing good so far, BUT yesterday was a struggle to exercise. ugggh! I struggle to motivate myself when I have PMS. I know its not an excuse, but its a serious struggle for me.
  • caradae
    caradae Posts: 743 Member
    Options
    I just want to share this with everyone:
    http://www.reddit.com/r/getdisciplined/comments/1q96b5/i_just_dont_care_about_myself/cdah4af?context=3

I am so inspired by this person's comment on reddit and wanted to share it with you all. Usually I think this self-improvement, motivational stuff is hokey, but I love the way this guy says it.
  • 1LoveChips
    1LoveChips Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    Today was a bit hard, out of my routine, not at work. Calories and tracking were fine, but had not done my exercise. Doggies to the rescue: went for a nice 40 minutes walkies, so back on track.
  • 1LoveChips
    Options

Well done, that's brill!
  • 1LoveChips
    Options
    I just want to share this with everyone:
    http://www.reddit.com/r/getdisciplined/comments/1q96b5/i_just_dont_care_about_myself/cdah4af?context=3

I am so inspired by this person's comment on reddit and wanted to share it with you all. Usually I think this self-improvement, motivational stuff is hokey, but I love the way this guy says it.

Arrrgggghhhhhhh... that's such a load of text with hardly any punctuation. Need a synopsis.
  • Magana94
    Options
    I've burned 1,000 everyday this week by lifting and doing light cardio. I've been working out for the past 2 months and just started using MFP to track my calories and oh my what a difference I see in my body from staying within my calorie budget. Loving this accountability challenge! (: