Who's with me?

Options
18910111214»

Replies

• motivatedww
    Options
    Wouldn't you know, my husband asked me to go out to dinner just after I had committed to avoid wine. I wanted to order my usual just after my husband ordered his beer---but I didn't. Iced Tea please came out of my mouth. I ate more of my dinner than I would have to reward myself for my newfound self control. I think it's a fine trade-off if it gets me to where I want to be in this journey. One day wine-free. Yea me.:happy:
  • jmelindy
    jmelindy Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    whos stuck with it?
    I'm still working at it :smile:
    Down to special occasions, but october had 3 in a row then 2 in November so it was a bit of a slide.:drinker:
    Back to my water at night, a couple of drinks at my Xmas party this weekend, then dry until xmas again.
    thast the best "balance" I can come up with.
    I don't smoke ( anymore), do any recreational drugs, or eat junk food or many carbs anymore, I have to believe I can tolerate and enjoy a few drinks with special occasions!
    but yes, no loss since mid october and its pretty clear why lol
    keep it up!! :):happy:
  • motivatedww
    Options
    I'm 'still' with it--but it's only my second day. I'm watching my husband make dinner and I know he will ask me if I want a glass of Chardonnay with my chicken. I will say no thank you and he won't push but oh my, I would enjoy a glass of wine with dinner. That said, someone brought chocolate cake to class today and I was able to have a small sliver of heaven without guilt. I'm thinking that with two glasses of wine/night my tradeoff is fantastic. I always comment that I don't eat that much--and I don't, but adding the wine in, it is enough to have me gain or at least not lose. I do hope I can stick with this.:flowerforyou:
  • jmelindy
    Options
    day two is a good day!: :happy:
    Wine got me where I was- I was already about 20lbs overweight, then I quite smoking and started drinking wine at night to relax ( at my Dr.s suggestion! I was never a drinker before) and POOF, 3 years later and I had 50 lbs to lose.
    Halfway to my goal and I can honestly say wine is what gets in the way. herbal tea or nice cold water is what my substiutes are.
  • motivatedww
    Options
    My husband asked me 3 times if I wanted a glass of wine last night. I haven't 'declared' that I'm not having wine yet so he is doing this innocently. I want to see if I can get through a week. I see what I've written and think I sound like an alcoholic - I love the taste of wines, trying new wines, relaxing with wine, and I can't drink more than two glasses without getting mildly drunk. The last is probably what has kept me out of trouble but this will be an interesting experiment.
  • motivatedww
    Options
    Now I'm thinking that it (losing weight more quickly when not drinking) doesn't have so much to do with any unique characteristics of wine or alcohol but that at a 1200 calorie limit I simply don't have enough calories left to satisfy me if I have two 5-6 oz glasses of wine. It's simple logic that I didn't want to see but I think it's true. Now, if in the future I want to have a glass of wine I will deduct it from my daily calorie allowance. If I remain true to my plan, this will not be for quite some time as I want to reach goal before drinking again. With my history, I may have just become abstinent for life.:cry::cry:
  • motivatedww
    Options
    Another win for me. Sat for 4 hours listening to my husband's band and drank water vs wine. It helped that I had a 'never-ending' salad that took me forever to consume but after the first request for a glass of water, I found that the waitress didn't continue to ask--one 'no' is enough. Of course this is true since there are many who can't drink (something I hadn't put together) so, counterintuitively it might be easy to be in those situations. Nice.
  • jmelindy
    Options
    I hear you about sounding a little too wine affectionate!! But what I noticed when I started actually thinking about it- is that so many people are! Its like a joke.
    You are doing well!!, and I am alot like you. I didnt really mention I was cutting down ( out) until I had done it for a few weeks. Then I announced it, to get the support. But I didnt want the scrutiny. while I was just figuring it out.
    Actually I was the same way about losing weight, didnt really mention to anyone until I had a good ten lbs gone.
  • motivatedww
    Options
    I'm so funny--I thought I was home free for a week without wine because on my last night (last night) I went to hear my husband play a gig (it was awesome--Charlie Brown goes to the Nutcracker :). The gig was at a coffee house and lasted until 9:30. Perfect I told myself. Coffee it is! Wrong. We went out after to celebrate a wonderful event and I had a glass of wine. The good news is that I only ordered french onion soup (the coffee curbed my appetite :) More good news is that I see that, despite being under my calorie count, the wine actually did make a difference in my weight loss/gain (it also could have been the salt in the soup but I'll go with the wine. All in all it was an amazing week--cut down from 14 glasses to 1; lost 5.4 lbs; began going to the gym again; started drinking sufficient water; tracked my food and exercise. I am pleased with my weight loss but more with my returning to some sense of control. And, I attribute most of my success to cutting out wine. Yea me :flowerforyou:
  • jmelindy
    Options
    yay you is right!!:happy:
  • lldelfos
    lldelfos Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I started my "no-wine-ing" challenge last week. My challenge was to quit drinking on the weekdays. I haven't had any wine (or alcohol) since last Saturday. Believe me that is big going from 3-4 glasses of red wine a night. I'm going to allow myself to have some tonight and tomorrow night but oddly I am a little scared! I've been looking forward to this all week! Going to need a LOT of willpower not to go overboard! EEK!
  • nwingr
    nwingr Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    I am starting this goal today. I need to be done to meet my true goals in life.