Eat, Train, Progress Interview with Steve Troutman

Replies

• chubby_checkers
    chubby_checkers Posts: 2,354 Member
    Tagging to read later. Thanks for posting!!
  • dawnemjh
    dawnemjh Posts: 1,465 Member
    Thanks Steve!
  • stroutman81
    stroutman81 Posts: 2,474 Member
    Hey everyone, thanks for the positive feedback and for taking the time to read through all of that. If there are any follow up questions I'd be happy to hear them.
  • stroutman81
    As an aside, I like the idea of using a CBT framework as a tool to assist clients. I have seen this (and similar modes) have great effects on anxiety and depression and related disorders, it would be interesting to see how you integrate this into your practice!

I only bring it up with clients who are struggling. And when I do, my suggestions totally depend on the client. If you're really interested in CBT, I'd start with reading through Dr. David Burns book titled Feeling Good. It's chock full of a ton of great info and a number of tools that I use with my clients.
  • stroutman81
    Mmm, very helpful and interesting thank you. It makes me realise that my particular parameters (can't go more then 3x/week, family, aversion to deprivation and cardio) will limit what I can achieve - but that that knowledge will help me maximise it. Self realisation is a great thing!

I wouldn't say it limits what you can achieve. You can get a lean as your genetics and body allow with 3 available days for training. Of course the less you train the tighter you have to be nutritionally. But that's life, right... it's all about compromises.
  • spookyjo
    spookyjo Posts: 76 Member
    Tagging for later, thank you.
  • DopeItUp
    DopeItUp Posts: 18,771 Member
    Fighting the urge to post a gif.

Must. Not. Give. In... Gah.

vader_didnt_read.gif

Is that at Disneyworld? Looks very familiar...
  • mjpbgtd
    mjpbgtd Posts: 115 Member
    Fantastic. Thank you so much for this. It's so full of great information that I'll be reading it again and again.
  • coccodrillo72
    coccodrillo72 Posts: 94 Member
    Good questions and great answers, thank you for sharing this.
  • sbro32
    sbro32 Posts: 130 Member
    Bump to finish after work. Wonderful read so far.
  • Excellent read, thank you so much!
  • hmjohnson25
    hmjohnson25 Posts: 100 Member
    Great read and insightful responses. Thank you!
  • BarbellApprentice
    BarbellApprentice Posts: 486 Member
    Great stuff. Thanks!
  • Tagging to read later... Thanks for posting!
  • CallMeCupcakeDammit
    CallMeCupcakeDammit Posts: 9,377 Member
    Tagging. Thanks for being so awesome, you guys!
  • The_Fat_Friend
    The_Fat_Friend Posts: 34 Member
    Thanks so much for this amazing information - it helped me realize that I am headed in the right direction, and also pointed out some areas that I need to focus on. I will be reading this again (and again!).
  • heybales
    heybales Posts: 18,842 Member
    I don't know about others, but I actually prefer the read over the distracted videos that are ill-prepared and it takes so long to get to the points being made.

Lot's of great info to have in print there, and pretty concise too.

Thanks for the setup SS and Sara, and than's for the responses Steve.
  • marvybells
    marvybells Posts: 1,984 Member
    cool beans, thanks!
  • MinimalistShoeAddict
    MinimalistShoeAddict Posts: 1,946 Member
    Thank you. Very thoughtful interview!
  • pandorakick
    pandorakick Posts: 901 Member
    Great read! :flowerforyou:
  • lwoodroff
    lwoodroff Posts: 1,431 Member
    Mmm, very helpful and interesting thank you. It makes me realise that my particular parameters (can't go more then 3x/week, family, aversion to deprivation and cardio) will limit what I can achieve - but that that knowledge will help me maximise it. Self realisation is a great thing!

I wouldn't say it limits what you can achieve. You can get a lean as your genetics and body allow with 3 available days for training. Of course the less you train the tighter you have to be nutritionally. But that's life, right... it's all about compromises.

well, my goals aren't to be 'lean' in that sense. currently I want to find out how strong I can be! but the huz moans if I'm at the gym more than an hour and a half, and I'm a natural greedy slug lol!
  • neanderthin
    neanderthin Posts: 10,185 Member
    Outstanding Steve, as usual.
  • ifaber
    ifaber Posts: 195 Member
    Great information!
  • ktully93
    ktully93 Posts: 160 Member
    Bump for further reading.
  • retirehappy
    retirehappy Posts: 4,762 Member
    In for the awesome advise and to read in more details later.

Thanks for doing the interview.
  • superdrood
    superdrood Posts: 129 Member
    This was a great read! Thanks to everyone involved!
  • chrisdavey
    chrisdavey Posts: 9,834 Member
    great read. Thanks :smile:
  • stroutman81
    I'm shocked there weren't more questions stemming from this interview. Hopefully that's a good thing!
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    I'm shocked there weren't more questions stemming from this interview. Hopefully that's a good thing!

When SideSteel and I were going through your responses, we seriously tried to come up with follow up questions, but you were so thorough in your responses to our initial questions, we were having a hard time thinking of any. You gave really detailed, expansive and well thought out responses.
  • 1ZenGirl
    1ZenGirl Posts: 432 Member
    This was awesome thanks.