Introduce yourself

Options
tell us a little about you.. your goals and anything else you like.. i look forward to getting to know each of you

Replies

• lacarla
    Options
    My name is Carla and I've set a goal for myself to try to eat better by cutting fastfoods, soda (my weakness), and chocolates! I struggle because I'm not consist with ANYTHING. I have plans to do this and plans to do that, but after a few days I totally lose interest. I want to exercise but I stop after a few days because I'm totally not into it and have NO motivation.

I weigh in a few days ago and I'm 163 at 5'6. I was thinking of joing a gym but feel that would be money I throw away because again I'm not motivated to go like i should.

Signed: NOT CONSISTENT - NEEDING HELP

Carla
  • jesslilyx
    jesslilyx Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    My Name is Jess. Whilst I love to excersize and try new things, like Carla I am not consistent and cannot stick to a diet for longer than a few days because I just cant help myself when sweet foods come up! I started not liking the gym, but once I made friends there I got more motivation, I just can't seem to grasp it for too long with food. My goal date to lose the majority of my WEIGHT by is 23rd May... Looking forward to get to know everyone.
  • FitnFeistyLyness
    FitnFeistyLyness Posts: 757 Member
    Options
    welcome carla!

you have come to the right place..

what kind of exercise do you like.. you don't need a gym membership to move. find something you enjoy that you will stick with.

as far as losing interest.. find your WHY.. why are you doing this? why do you want to be healthy, kids? family? to look sexy.. to run well. whatever it is find your why.. writ a list and when your not feeling motivated read that card.. than move.. promise yourself five min of some movement.. starting your workout is the hard part. once you start you will go way past the five min..

these are things i do.

choc.. i switch to dark choc.. i put it in the freezer and eat a square, way to go on getting rid of the fast food

you can do this!! your not alone!
  • godot77
    godot77 Posts: 24
    Options
    Hi, I'm a 36 year old mom of 4 (two are step-kids who live here half time), with a toddler and 50-ish lbs to lose. I tend to gain a lot during pregnancy and it takes 2-3 years to get it off of me. I'm normally slender. So, this is a huge difficulty because I just don't identify as a heavy woman, but I am! I'm 179 lbs, 5'5", size 12 (with muffin top!). I've been working out regularly (5 days per week on average) since June 2013, doing my elliptical or BeachBody. I did "t25" and now I'm doing "Slim in 6." I really recommend t25, I'm only a week into SI6 so I can't speculate on that one yet.
    The first time I had a baby, in 2001, I gained 80, and I lost 100 (I had gained an extra 20 in the years prior to pregnancy) doing WW online. I have kept it off until this latest baby, and when I went back on WW online to lose weight, I found I could not make it work. Something about it just isn't working. I tried for 2 years and I am now trying MFP.

Other things I'm doing:
    I've ordered a FitBit. (pedometer watch thing)
    And I am trying like HECK to stay at 1200 (HEALTHY) each day. Please add me. I will be doing lots and lots of updating. It keeps me honest.
  • FitnFeistyLyness
    Options
    welcome.. im 5'5 and 165 size 12 .. whats your goal?

i have used alot of bb workouts they rock!

you come to the right place, were here to support you and motivate you

yeaaa on the fitbit. i love gadgets lol..

i have a garmin,. pedometer and a direct life monitor.

your not trying mfp.. your doing it..

do or do not there is no try.. you got this girl!
  • FitnFeistyLyness
    Options
    welcome jess.. first your not on a diet.. your on a live it.. diets make you feel like your dying .. have you found a plan that works for you.. great job meeting friends at the gym.. you can do this!! were here for you.

as far as sweets i learned to make my own.. date nut balls, avocado choc pudding.. raw cheesecake .. i search recipes and modify them.. i don't give anything up. i just find ways to remake things.

take the word cant out of the equation. you can.. its your choice..

lets do this together!
  • misfit34
    misfit34 Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    I'm a 35yo mother of 1, wife and accountant, that alone gets stressful. My husband is also self employed and I am his girl Friday. I have struggled with my weight ever since I was a little girl. I have never been slim. I have lost quite a bit of weight over the past 3-4 years, but struggled last year and am now trying to get back to it. Portion control is what I like to work on and exercising. My family and I love to go outdoors, hiking, walking, all sorts so I want to incorporate some of those things on a daily basis to get in shape.

THE STRUGGLE IS REAL! :happy:
  • akillaah
    akillaah Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I am also a Jess! muahaha! I have been struggling with trying to lose weight for awhile now...maybe the past 2 years due to fertility issues and my husband and I wanting to have children. I've been at the lowest points of my life throughout this time...almost feeling as though I had to hate myself in order to do something about it. It was quite the emotional roller coaster but a couple of months ago, I really don't know what happened but a started on a path to self discovery and It has really changed my prospective on everything in my life. I feel as though my weight loss is coming from a very positive place now, contrary to the negative places it came from in all my past attempts. I am trying to better myself in all aspects of my life - weight loss is just a part of that equation. I am inspired to be a better person for myself and to ultimately feel good, sexy, happy, joyful EVERYDAY. I am just ready to live the rest of my life to the fullest! and I would love to have support for those days when things are getting tough and life is getting you down. I also will totally be there for anyone who needs a shove in the right direction or just simply someone to talk to!
    Anyone feel free to add me! I won't be going anywhere anytime soon :)
  • FitnFeistyLyness
    Options
    welcome!! sounds like you have a great plan! movement with family is awesome! you can do this!
  • FitnFeistyLyness
    Options
    welcome jess too lol

you sound like your coming from a very good place.. to me its more than weight its about living life to the fullest as the best you possible .. you are doing it!
  • m2boo
    m2boo Posts: 8
    Options
    Hi! my names Melissa. I'm rejoining mfp for a fresh start. I have a lifetime of dieting behind me but have come to understand that I have to commit to this for life. Look forward to getting to know you all.
  • FitnFeistyLyness
    Options
    welcome mel!!

its a lifestyle/ its a live it not a diet..

we can do this together!
  • jennhill310
    Options
    Hi everyone! My name is Jenn and my highest wt was 190. I've been trying to lose weight for about 2 years now. I did recently lose 21pds but with the holiday's I've gained a few back. I also just found out that I'm pre-diabetic due to my PCOS and my weight. So I've really trying to lose the last 40pds. My dietitian has me eating 500 calories at main meals and under 150 for my 2 snacks. I have also tried IVF twice due to the PCOS I'm not able to have children and my husband and I would love to have children. So that is a big motivator for me.

CW-171.8
    Ht-5.2
    GW-between 130/135

I also did insanity fast and furious this morning. OMG that was really, really hard. I couldn't make it through the 20 mins. I did the warm up and rest for 10mins that did another 10 mins in the video, but I couldn't finish it and I thought I was going to die. lol
  • Portlandmom
    Portlandmom Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Hi, my name is Dana. I am 46 and have two kids. I am trying to lose about 60 pounds. Going to the gym for aqua class 3 times a week. Walking at lunch for at least 30 minutes and trying to do a different WII game each month/week for motivation for 30 minutes. Two days I also do weights and treadmill.

My current goal is workiing to lose weight before our cruise this summer for our 25th anniversay.

Just started tracking food and new to mfp.
  • FIRSTLADYIII
    FIRSTLADYIII Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Hi, my name is Lynn and desire to lose 35 lbs by the summer. Its been difficult for me bc of my sciatica. I am determined though to not keep me down. Looking for friends to move forward in this rocky journey. I have a closet full of clothes and nothing fits....Ready for a change!
  • alissamc1990
    alissamc1990 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I'm a 23 year old receptionist who works for a big oil company in the south. I'm ready to take control of my life! :)))

I recently got engaged! :) We are planning a LONG engagement (wedding in Feb/March of 2016). I've got a long/bad history of losing a lot of weight and then gaining it back because I've done crash diets. This time, I'm taking it slow and doing it right! I've given myself 2 years to loose the weight and ROCK the wedding dress! :)

I'm just learning how to really cook, so along with my weight loss goals, I have lots of goals to learn about good & healthy cooking!

I've been on the site for a while, but I never bothered to look at the community aspect until now. Hopefully I can find some friends and motivators here! :)
  • LoupGarou63
    LoupGarou63 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Hi guys just to let you all know I've joined this group....
    So lets see I've done four major reboots in my life...weightwise spread right thru at different periods...lots of long periods of maintaining. What would have happened if I didn't have those maint' periods...
    So being blunt... I've been the the pudgy kid...then the top athlete, karate kid, teenage bodybuilder....then the young adult who party partay'ed and got in a mess again...back to weights and diet...and the whole gainer loser thing over and over... will I ever get a six pack again I hope so...it 'od be real nice...
    One of those reboots was due to sciatica... that's one heck of a motivation...when you got like tooth ache from your hip to your toe, day and night that was bad. I started to think it would never go (6-9 months)....that was 20 years ago......I know it could come back so I am very careful when I lift...lessons learned....but so long as I respect my back...it has never returned.
    The latest effort was 2010 when I peaked 210# and got down to 154# in 12 months....
    A trip to Australia I was up 14# on return...then down 7# since then I have returned to 190# and back to 160# just before Christmas....
    Oh boy I bet you're tired from reading this....so....
    On joining this group I weigh Approx 167# January 10th 2014...
  • FitnFeistyLyness
    Options
    welcome War.. i know you have it in you to finish what you started this time.. were going to kill it!
  • FitnFeistyLyness
    Options
    welcome aliss.. congrats on your engagement!!! we will have you smokin hot!!! for your big day

i love to cook.. i make all my foods from scratch.. ill be starting a recipe thread.

lets do this!!
  • nettasue35
    nettasue35 Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    hello!

My name is Lynnetta. I joined the group because Lynneta71 asked me if I joined when I sent her a friend request, but I have been struggling with my motivation since lossing to close family members this past summer. I put most of my weight on when I was pregnant. son just turned 24. Last January a coworker joined ww. she came to work telling us about it the next day. she tolds to figure our points and eat them as a group. well I got on the scale and freaked out it said 240lb. I only ate half my lunch and dinner that day started counting points the next day and made an reservation for the next meeting. lost 5lbs the first week. by the second week lost 5lb more and then I had chest pain. At the time I worked for a dr and her hubby is a cardiologist. He new I had already started losing weight. told me when I was still in the hospital that if I lost 15 to 20 more pounds I could come off the meds. cuHe also said I had to cut back on carbs and fat. It was to hard to count points, carbs, and fat. So I did a search and came up with mfp. I have lost 67.4lbs and would like to reach my goal of 120lb by my birthday in august. I like the changes that are happening in my body. I want to be a sexy mimi. I am starting jamie easons live fit 12 week program through bb.com on January 20.