6am fitness buddies

Options
nicwillett
nicwillett Posts: 46 Member
I'm looking for people who want to get up at 6am to do whatever fitness activity they like before work. I keep setting my alarm but never make it out of bed. Ideally, on a nice morning I would like to go for a walk/jog and if its not so nice, some yoga or skipping. If I know you are getting up at 6 I will get up too cos I wouldnt want to let you down ;)
Im ready to go next Tuesday 21 Jan....6am! Nic x

Replies

• MissObstinatiox
    MissObstinatiox Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    This is a great idea! I need to do this :)
    I too set my alarm and then i badly abuse the snooze button.
  • lilytop14
    lilytop14 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I'm in! Between us all, we must vow NOT to hit that snooze button! Tues 21st start date?
  • TLwineguzzler
    TLwineguzzler Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    I'm in! My alarm is set for 5.45 am as I need my coffee before I can do anything :)
  • mumx5
    mumx5 Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    Count me in! I used to get up at 5.30am to get a morning workout before the kids woke up but have been slacking as late. This is a great incentive!
  • hannydeee
    hannydeee Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    My alarm goes off at 6am every week day and (depending on how many times I snooze it) I am in the gym between 6:30 and 6:50 ready to go!

Add me to your friends if you want. I often post at 6am before I go. If not you'll get the updates at around 8am saying I burned a gazillion calories before you've even got out of bed...
  • dingle2k3
    dingle2k3 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I'm up at 5:30 every morning to go to the gym, count me in!
  • spg71
    spg71 Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    Monday, Wednesday and Fridays i am up and out at 0615 and in the pool by 0645 (it`s close to work) so count me in.
  • lucyloutoo
    lucyloutoo Posts: 522 Member
    Options
    Alarm set for 5.50 to be out and running by 6.

I dialled it back from out and running by 5!
  • nicwillett
    Options
    Its so brilliant that you all want to give this getting up lark a go! And for those of you who already do it, you can be our sporty roll models ;)

I'm going to log in and say hi as soon as I get up at 6 (Tues, Wed, Thur and Fri) then afterwards will let you know whether I made it outdoors or jumped about like an idiot in my front room. We are going to feel so pleased with ourselves afterwards!

Would be great if you want to say what you got up to at 6am too!
    Nic x
  • nicwillett
    Options
    I think I can only do it with your help ;) Really excited!
  • Sazzl3pie
    Options
    Wow good luck you lot! Not for me - I'm that person at work with the Red Bull that you cant talk to until mid-morning! lol!
  • dankas001
    dankas001 Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    hi count me in too i will get up & walk dog before shower kate x
  • spg71
    spg71 Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    Well only 16hrs late, hope you all had a good early Monday workout.

900m in the pool for me

week 2 of this monster ( i did get upto week 6 before xmas but got knocked of me bike )

http://ruthkazez.com/SwimWorkouts/ZeroTo1mile.html
  • nicwillett
    Options
    Eek better get some sleep its the first day tomorrow! See what the weathers like. Its either a walk or yoga I think. I will be back at 6 just to say mornin' x (excited!)
  • nicwillett
    Options
    Morning!
  • jaz050465
    jaz050465 Posts: 3,508 Member
    Options
    Good morning. I'm up but not exercising. I do that in the evening. I have to give my dog, medication at 6 every day! Enjoy your exercise.
  • lucyloutoo
    Options
    Morning

40 min workout dvd done..
    Now where's my cuppa????
  • nicwillett
    Options
    I've just done 20 mins of sun salutations and I'm going to ache tomorrow. I'm so unfit! Cuppa for me too now. I've still got time to Walk the long way to work. We did it, yippee!!!!! x
  • lucyloutoo
    Options
    I've just done 20 mins of sun salutations and I'm going to ache tomorrow. I'm so unfit! Cuppa for me too now. I've still got time to Walk the long way to work. We did it, yippee!!!!! x

Yeah, I've got a 35 min walk now....
    Enjoy that sore feeling, makes you realise you did something!!!
  • karenjay1
    karenjay1 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Count me in - I try and go to the gym 3/4 times a week which opens at 6.30am so on those days I'll be up :)