Cindyinpg
Cindyinpg Posts: 3,902 Member
TWD-Cast-S4-Carl-590x375_zps53ee31fa.jpg
Discussion Board For Team Carl

Replies

• Zombieinkpot
    Zombieinkpot Posts: 745 Member
    Options
    Hey, im Inky. I'm a massive fan of The Walking Dead (and zombies in general). I am really happy to be on team Carl and I can't wait for this challenge to start!
  • Banana91787
    Banana91787 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I'm Hannah. I am supper excited to start this challenge!
  • Zombieinkpot
    Options
    Yay! Hi Hannah, welcome to team Carl! I can't wait for the challenge to start either. I love The Walking Dead, and this challenge is going to get me zombie apocalypse fit! :laugh:

ETA: You should head over to the Meat and Greet thread to introduce yourself to everyone, and let Cindy know you want to be on team Carl so she can add you to the list.
  • nisijam5
    nisijam5 Posts: 10,390 Member
    Options
    Hi all - my name is Kim and I have just joined the group. You can see from my profile, I am 47 & a wife, mom and nurse.

I'll confess that I watched bits of walking dead last year and then stopped to watch the whole series from the beginning. The problem is that I am right in the middle of Breaking Bad. SO, PLEASE DON'T SPOIL THE END. I've eluded it thus far.

So, right now here's my goals:

CW: 182
    GW: 140's???
    On target to lose 1.1 per week

I am starting to train for a 1/2 marathon which is why I am watching all these series. Lots and lots of time on the treadmill. I will do at least 2 to 3 strength training per week as well yoga once a week for a break.

I also run a competition called Fit-n-Trim to Win. It's a Biggest Loser style contest with lots of twists along the way. I am joining this as well to keep my MoTiVaTiOn up!!

We.are.the.kickass.team
  • Zombieinkpot
    Options
    Hey Kim, welcome to team Carl! Yeah, we sure are the kickass team! We may be small, but we are mighty!

Heehee, no spoilers, don't worry. :laugh: That's a brilliant idea to watch shows while you are on the treadmill. I bet you forget you are walking when you are watching The Walking Dead, it's very exciting stuff!

I'm really impressed with your goals!

I'm Inky, I'm 33. CW is 361lbs and my GW is 112, so still a long ways off, but my goal weight for the challenge is between 330lbs and 340lbs. I love all things zombie (hence my name!) ever since I saw the Thriller video at WAY too young! I read and loved The Walking Dead comics and have been a fan of the show from the start. I strength train 3 times a week and walk with my dog and do other exercises most days. My goal for this year is to set up a home gym with an Olympic barbell, bench and squat rack. Oh yeah, and actually lift heavy too! :laugh:

I can't wait for the challenge to start! Go team Carl!
  • arzu726
    arzu726 Posts: 39
    Options
    Hi guys! I'm Arzu. Looking forward to being part of the team :)
  • Zombieinkpot
    Options
    Hey Arzu, welcome to team Carl! :drinker:
  • xqueenbee24x
    xqueenbee24x Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone, my name is Bridget.

I got into the walking dead at the second half of season one and have been hooked ever since.
    Since season four started I have been using the show time to walk/run on the treadmill. I usually end up running during commercials so I don't miss anything exciting during the show. Haha

I am really excited about this challenge and that our team is growing.

Cw = 167
    GW = 135 (or at whatever weight allows me to look and feel my most confident) I am not so much worried about the number as I am with how my clothing fits and being able to tone up my core, legs and arms.

I currently host a challenge called The 2014 Personal Accountability Challenge. While it is demanding I find that because I am in charge I tend to slack a bit. So I want to start getting back into the gym five to six days a week with at least three days of strength training. So if anyone has and tips, tricks, or successes please feel free to share. :)

Can't wait to get started!!!!
  • Zombieinkpot
    Options
    Hi Bridget, welcome to team Carl!

Sounds like you have great goals for this challenge. I'm so impressed that you and Kim are running your own challenge groups!
  • nisijam5
    Options
    Does anybody use Zombie run app while their running? If we ever get out of this cold and snow, I was wondering if this is good one for moving a little bit faster.
  • Zombieinkpot
    Options
    Does anybody use Zombie run app while their running? If we ever get out of this cold and snow, I was wondering if this is good one for moving a little bit faster.

I don't use it at the moment, but I'm looking forward to getting it in a few months. It looks great fun (and possibly quite scary)!
  • nisijam5
    Options
    Kinda of like a bad dream come true, right??
  • Zombieinkpot
    Options
    Kinda of like a bad dream come true, right??

Yeah, exactly :laugh:
  • katrkels11
    katrkels11 Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    Hey everybody! I'm Katrina. I am 20 years old and I have a 13 month old baby girl (Veronica). On top of raising her by myself, I am a full time elementary education student and I work 2 jobs. I love the walking dead and I am excited to use it as a motivating force to lose weight! I have a lot of weight that I would love to lose, at least 100 pounds, but I am taking it day by day. Feel free to add me and lets win this!
  • dakotababy
    dakotababy Posts: 2,406 Member
    Options
    My name is Jessica, 24yo from Saskatchewan. My original start weight was 250lbs, of which I am down 55lbs by reducing calories and regular exercise. I have about 45lbs left to go. I enjoy setting myself mini-challenges and large challenges.

I am a huge fan of The Walking Dead and decided to join Team Carl as like the character, I feel I have grown and progressed as I have moved along in this journey.

I look forward to supporting and working hard with the rest of Team Carl!! :D
  • Aprilstar480
    Aprilstar480 Posts: 2,910 Member
    Options
    Good Morning everyone. Kim mentioned this challenge and I thought I'd give it a shot. I don't really watch too much TV but I'm always up for a challenge. My name is Kasi, I have 4 kids and I love the outdoors. We spend a lot of time exploring our beautiful state. Oregon has so much to offer from Beaches to Mountains to Lava Lands and Deserts its absolutely amazing what you can find here. Anyway... I'm looking forward to getting this show on the road! Good Luck Team!!
  • arzu726
    Options
    Welcome Katrina, Jessica, and Kasi! Wow, Team Carl looks like a strong, awesome team. Really excited to start the challenge tomorrow :D
  • dakotababy
    dakotababy Posts: 2,406 Member
    Options
    Awesome team so far! I just noticed that we do not have a captain yet. Does anyone have any interest?
  • arzu726
    Options
    I can't because I basically have a full-time job plus college.
  • Cindyinpg
    Cindyinpg Posts: 3,902 Member
    Options
    I will captain any of the teams that are still missing one by Monday. Everyone's numbers have to get to me anyway, so it's not a big deal and I can't play favourites because it's just in the math. :laugh: