goals

Options

Replies

• Josalinn
    Josalinn Posts: 1,066 Member
    Options
    So in my introduction post I said I wanted to do a dvd in the mornings and then MWF hit the gym. Today and yesterday I have been so tired that I have slept basically until I need to get up to get to work on time.

So modified goal is to just make it to the gym tonight and Friday. All I want to do is go home and sleep.

Also trying to drink more water. And to generally stay in calories (and by that I mean net calories). I don't know if I'm getting sick or something, so I'm not being too hard on myself calorie wise.

Oh and non physical goal is to get my exercise diary in order. I need to put in all the specific weight lifting things.
  • brayla1
    brayla1 Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    Your body was telling you rest in needed...way to adjust and not get derailed. Kudos!
  • mwhite61451
    mwhite61451 Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    Probably need to set some, so I can meet them, so here goes:

Physical Activity

-Workout 5Xs/week
    -Excercise at least 2110 calories/week
    -Begin weight lifting program (have been doing powerlifts, but concerned about my back and squats, rows, deadlifts)...any ideas would be appreciated

Phase in following to complete by mid Feb
    -No refined sugar
    -No dairy
    -No caffiene
    -increase water consumption
    -At least a 150 calorie deficit/daily
  • FitnFeistyLyness
    FitnFeistyLyness Posts: 757 Member
    Options
    awesome goals! now what small steps can you set to make your big goals.

baby steps= big goals.
  • mwhite61451
    Options
    awesome goals! now what small steps can you set to make your big goals.

baby steps= big goals.

If you are talking to me, I thought those are my baby steps. My big goals are to lose 12 more lbs, ride some centuries this year and do 638 mile ride in Oct down Skyline Dr and the Blue ridge Pkwy in Va, NC and TN.
  • FitnFeistyLyness
    Options
    workout five times a week. is that get to the gym, run.. be specific.. so you know what your setting for yourself. so we can help you keep those goals.

your phase in goals..

what small steps are you going to do to decrease sugar.. up water intake.quit dairy

like i wanted to up water so i downloaded a app to remind me to dink water. i started water checks on my page and in the group//

sugar.. i started using dates to sweeten things.

dairy i started using almond and coconut milk.

big goals are great, but make sure you have the small steps to help you reach them.. at least this is what works for me.. just tossing some thoughts out to you.
  • mwhite61451
    Options
    workout five times a week. is that get to the gym, run.. be specific.. so you know what your setting for yourself. so we can help you keep those goals.

your phase in goals..

what small steps are you going to do to decrease sugar.. up water intake.quit dairy

like i wanted to up water so i downloaded a app to remind me to dink water. i started water checks on my page and in the group//

sugar.. i started using dates to sweeten things.

dairy i started using almond and coconut milk.

big goals are great, but make sure you have the small steps to help you reach them.. at least this is what works for me.. just tossing some thoughts out to you.
    Thanks, so what I hear u asking is "what are you going to do regarding each of your goals? Give me until tommorow, and I let u kno.i
  • FitnFeistyLyness
    Options
    exactly.. smiles no worries just want to keep you thinking and planning so you can take action and make it happen!
  • soldierofgod713
    soldierofgod713 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I bought the Jillian Michaels Shred video and said I would start last night :/ which I didnt... I am going to start tonight and try to do it every day this weekend, Hold me accountable please :)
  • FitnFeistyLyness
    Options
    you got it doll.. im doing it too.
  • rebb40
    Options
    My goal is to cut down on the carbs and start jogging again . Third goal is maintaining my 5-6 liters of water a day!
  • FitnFeistyLyness
    Options
    nice goals!!

what active steps are you going to take to reach those goals?
  • Krikit34
    Krikit34 Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    I'm doing ok staying within calories, so this week I'm going to concentrate on upping the water and lowering the sodium.
  • FitnFeistyLyness
    Options
    awesome!.. check my page.. i do a water check in everyday.. it keeps us all going
  • Velasca
    Velasca Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    This week I'm going to try to start working out more. I started a kickboxing class last Saturday and have 5 more classes to go so I'm trying to do some stuff at home so it's not just once a week. Other then that it's curbing my late night snacking.... I'm so weak lol
  • FitnFeistyLyness
    Options
    Vel something that i have suggested with late night snacking that has helped others is set a time on kitchen is closed for the night.. ohh how do you like kickboxing. what do you want to do at home?
  • Velasca
    Options
    I have the X-box Kinect and last time I was focused I was doing Zumba on that along with a Biggest Loser "game". That one was killer. I need to get back into that.
  • FitnFeistyLyness
    Options
    gogo go
  • rondaj05
    rondaj05 Posts: 497 Member
    Options
    I have the X-box Kinect and last time I was focused I was doing Zumba on that along with a Biggest Loser "game". That one was killer. I need to get back into that.

There are some pretty good cardio kick boxing videos on youtube!
  • Velasca
    Options
    I like kick boxing. I hear of a lot of good work out type videos on youtube. Need to start checking those out!