Talking Dead: Team Carl

Options

Replies

• Aprilstar480
    Aprilstar480 Posts: 2,910 Member
    Options
    Okay, will there be a recap for how each team did for the challenge or is it just for the episode? When will the next weeks challenge be? Sorry if the answers are posted somewhere else... there is just so many threads to this challenge I don't know where to look.
  • Zombieinkpot
    Zombieinkpot Posts: 745 Member
    Options
    Okay, will there be a recap for how each team did for the challenge or is it just for the episode? When will the next weeks challenge be? Sorry if the answers are posted somewhere else... there is just so many threads to this challenge I don't know where to look.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1195194-weekly-leaderboard-and-most-valuable-players has the team rankings and MVP's (we came second last! :sad: )

Our challenge for this week will show up here http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1162871-walking-dead-team-carl (hasn't been updated yet) and Team Mika and Lizzie have to hand out punishments to the losing teams as well (they won this week).

The episode recap is just a recap of the episode and how many kills each team got (I think - I'm avoiding it until I've watched this week's episode, but I gather Carl was on fire! yay!)

Hope this helps :smile:
  • Zombieinkpot
    Options
    Ok, I've seen the episode - wow, it was good! Much kudos to Chandler Riggs (and Danai Gurira) for carrying the episode with practically no dialogue! Our little Carl is turning out to be quite the fighter!

So, my stats for today are: Strength training 30 mins, Cardio 86 minutes, kept under calorie goal.

How are y'all doing?

Go team Carl!
  • dakotababy
    dakotababy Posts: 2,406 Member
    Options
    eeep...we have some catching up to do for sure! I have finished 45 minutes of cardio, which was combat. I am hoping that this weeks goals will include the combat again, but whatever - either way, it will count!

I just had to comment on The Talking Dead. I remember the part where Michonne stabs Hershals head - which was so sad and rehashed the grief from the last episode. But OMG The Talking Dead provides so much comic relief, when the host was "feeding" the artificial head chocolate pudding was hilarious!
  • Zombieinkpot
    Options
    eeep...we have some catching up to do for sure! I have finished 45 minutes of cardio, which was combat. I am hoping that this weeks goals will include the combat again, but whatever - either way, it will count!

I just had to comment on The Talking Dead. I remember the part where Michonne stabs Hershals head - which was so sad and rehashed the grief from the last episode. But OMG The Talking Dead provides so much comic relief, when the host was "feeding" the artificial head chocolate pudding was hilarious!

Yeah, we're on catch up! We can do it!

I'm sure combat will be still be in the goals this week. There is a cardio kickboxing video on fitness blender which I really enjoy, but the Jillian Michaels video - ehhh, not so much. She kept laughing all the way through. Very annoying.

Ooooh! I didn't see The Talking Dead! That sounds funny (and so disrespectful - what would Maggie and Beth think? Gosh, the zombie apocalypse really makes people callous) :laugh:

ETA: 110oz (?) of chocolate pudding! - OMG, Carl, have you logged those calories??? I know you're still probably under your calorie goal for the week, what with only eating dry cereal, but still!
  • katrkels11
    katrkels11 Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    Going to hopefully do a 25 minute cardio kickboxing workout tonight with my weights! When is the new challenge for us going to be posted? I think all of the other groups have theirs posted already. I'm not going to lie, Carl made me a bit worried, but managed to get 4 kills for us! Lets hit all of our goals this week to catch up to team Michonne!
  • Zombieinkpot
    Options
    Going to hopefully do a 25 minute cardio kickboxing workout tonight with my weights! When is the new challenge for us going to be posted? I think all of the other groups have theirs posted already. I'm not going to lie, Carl made me a bit worried, but managed to get 4 kills for us! Lets hit all of our goals this week to catch up to team Michonne!

I'm sure we'll get our new challenge soon. I like your spirit - we can beat Team Michonne! Go team Carl! :drinker:
  • dakotababy
    dakotababy Posts: 2,406 Member
    Options

Awesome! Which kickboxing workout do you do? I tried a jillian michaels one, and I just love doing anything boxing/kickboxing. Need more selection though!
  • katrkels11
    Options
    I did the one on fitness blender. It's a quick workout but fun.
  • xqueenbee24x
    xqueenbee24x Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    Hey team,
    Just wanted to check in and see how everyone was doing so far this week.
    I was only able to get a 45 minute walk in yesterday and was hoping to wake up early to workout but no luck there. With my long workdays I've been finding it more difficult to workout, I feel like I fight off walkers for a living so of course it takes a lot of energy!!!

Keep up the good work everyone, and remember if we want to beat Michonne we need to make sure everyone is checking in, everyone stays under for calories and we all exceed the total Michonne cardio and strength numbers rather than our own. So let's make it our team goal to exceed Michonnes 250 minutes of cardio this week - after all is a role model to Carl so maybe her training will help Carl become the top leader next week ;)
  • katrkels11
    Options
    So far this week I am doing good. I only managed to get in 20 minutes of strength in yesterday, but today so far I have done 30 minutes of zumba and I plan on doing 25 minutes of cardio kickboxing before I have to go to work/school. We are all going to have to work really hard to catch back up to Michonne!
  • Zombieinkpot
    Options
    So let's make it our team goal to exceed Michonnes 250 minutes of cardio this week - after all is a role model to Carl so maybe her training will help Carl become the top leader next week ;)

Excellent point! I've been practising my walking backwards (Carl seems to do it a lot), but I try to keep looking over my shoulder too so I don't get surprised by walkers!

Today is combat day for me - so lots of kickboxing! And walking as well.
  • Aprilstar480
    Options

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1195194-weekly-leaderboard-and-most-valuable-players has the team rankings and MVP's (we came second last! :sad: )

Our challenge for this week will show up here http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1162871-walking-dead-team-carl (hasn't been updated yet) and Team Mika and Lizzie have to hand out punishments to the losing teams as well (they won this week).

The episode recap is just a recap of the episode and how many kills each team got (I think - I'm avoiding it until I've watched this week's episode, but I gather Carl was on fire! yay!)

Hope this helps :smile:
    Hmm... Okay I did see that but I was confused with the midseason stuff.. I figured that was old. I don't think my stats were included cause I sent them in a little late. I was burned way more than the required amount and doubled the strength training. I'll make sure to get in it on time this week...maybe that'll help bump up our rank a bit:wink:
  • Cindyinpg
    Cindyinpg Posts: 3,902 Member
    Options
    Challenge is up. Sorry, guys, I think there was a miscommunication somewhere. I thought arzu726 was going to do it and she probably thoughts was going to do it. We'll get out ducks in a row better for next week. As you know, Carl had an excellent episode, so you are starting off with 4 points.
  • Aprilstar480
    Options
    Question (and/or maybe a suggestion) about this part:

Also, we saw that Michonne will be reunited with Carl and Rick. To celebrate this happy reunion, from now on you may share any extra cardio or strength minutes with a needy teammate. They can use the points towards their own totals in the challenge, but you keep them for MVP purposes.

So, we have the option to give minutes to teammates so they can "complete" the challenge which in turn gives our team more points... Is that right? If so, it might be helpful to have a team spreadsheet so we all know where we are for the week.
  • Cindyinpg
    Options
    Question (and/or maybe a suggestion) about this part:

Also, we saw that Michonne will be reunited with Carl and Rick. To celebrate this happy reunion, from now on you may share any extra cardio or strength minutes with a needy teammate. They can use the points towards their own totals in the challenge, but you keep them for MVP purposes.

So, we have the option to give minutes to teammates so they can "complete" the challenge which in turn gives our team more points... Is that right? If so, it might be helpful to have a team spreadsheet so we all know where we are for the week.
    That would work. Or if someone needs help, they can just post on here and ask for volunteers donors? Or vice versa, offer that they have extra. Whatever you guys think will work best.
  • Zombieinkpot
    Options
    I don't think my stats were included cause I sent them in a little late. I was burned way more than the required amount and doubled the strength training. I'll make sure to get in it on time this week...maybe that'll help bump up our rank a bit:wink:

Oh no! That's a shame! Congrats on such a great week though! Definitely get your stats in on time this week though! We have to beat more than the walker horde this week! :laugh:
  • Zombieinkpot
    Options
    Challenge is up. Sorry, guys, I think there was a miscommunication somewhere. I thought arzu726 was going to do it and she probably thoughts was going to do it. We'll get out ducks in a row better for next week. As you know, Carl had an excellent episode, so you are starting off with 4 points.

Thanks Cindy. I loved your recap of the episode. I'm glad I wasn't the only one to notice Rick's 'Batman' voice. :tongue:
  • Cindyinpg
    Options
    Mika and Lizzie decided that our punishment exercises is 50 Burpees. You don't have to do them all at once, split them up over the week and include them in your totals when you send them to arzu726 or you can't be credited for strength training this week.
  • Zombieinkpot
    Options
    Mika and Lizzie decided that our punishment exercises is 50 Burpees. You don't have to do them all at once, split them up over the week and include them in your totals when you send them to arzu726 or you can't be credited for strength training this week.

Those evil little children! :laugh:

I am SO happy I don't have to do them! :drinker: