Talking Dead: Team Carl

Options

Replies

• Cindyinpg
    Cindyinpg Posts: 3,902 Member
    Options
    That's right. MVPs are always exempt from punishment, unless they want to do them and donate to a Burpee deprived teammate.
  • Zombieinkpot
    Zombieinkpot Posts: 745 Member
    Options
    That's right. MVPs are always exempt from punishment, unless they want to do them and donate to a Burpee deprived teammate.

Thanks, Cindy, now I feel I'm being uncharitable by not doing them! :laugh:
  • Zombieinkpot
    Options
    Ok, today I did 58 mins walking, 10 mins kickboxing and 12 mins exercise video.

Total for the week so far: 30 strength training, 166 cardio (10 mins of which was combat)

Go team Carl!

ETA: Kept under calorie goal
  • nisijam5
    nisijam5 Posts: 10,390 Member
    Options
    First, I need to apologize for not being active on the thread. I've had such a naughty weekend and then I worked a 12-hour shift yesterday. I will go back and catch up on the thread.

Kim
  • arzu726
    Options
    FINALLY saw the episode! Poor Michonne! She broke my heart.

Side note: I"ve been pulling 10 hour days in work... I am sure I have burned a lot of calories going up and down stairs and lifting things. Hopefully that counts. It's been a crazy week.
  • xqueenbee24x
    xqueenbee24x Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    I am so glad the challenge is finally up.
    I agree with Kai about the spreadsheet -we have used them in another challenge and it really helps with accountability. We can still post to the group but the sheet may help if the donating of extra time is going to be a weekly thing.

Monday -
    Cardio = 45 minutes
    Strength = 0 minutes
    Calories = under

Tuesday -
    Cardio = 46 minutes
    Strength = 30 minutes
    Calories = under
    Burpee Punishment = 25

Totals...
    Cardio = 91 / 220 minutes
    Strength = 30 / 90 minutes
    Calories = 2 / 6 under
    Burpees = 25 / 50

Weekly goal: go gluten free, and no fast food or fried foods
  • Zombieinkpot
    Options
    Week # 1 – February 3rd -- Goal 210 cardio minutes: Actual minutes 213 Goal 90 Strength training: Actual 90
    Week # 2 – February 10th – Goal 220 cardio minutes: Actual minutes Goal 90 strength training: Actual

Mon: 30 mins strength training, 86 mins walking
    Tue: 58 mins walking, 12 mins exercise video, 10 mins kickboxing
    Wed: 57 mins walking, 10 mins kickboxing, 11 mins exercise video, 56 mins strength training
    Thur:
    Fri:
    Sat:
    Sun:

Total / cardio min left: 244/+24 Total / strength training min left: 86/4

Under calorie goal today. I also did 10 burpees - so team, they are up for grabs whoever needs them! Along with my extra cardio minutes and any extra strength training minutes I accrue.

I think a spreadsheet is a really good idea too - who will volunteer to set one up? *hopeful grin*

Arzu - I hope you are keeping track of climbing stairs and carrying heavy things! Sounds like strength training to me.

ETA: Go team Carl!
  • dakotababy
    dakotababy Posts: 2,406 Member
    Options
    Hey - so do the burpees count towards our totals? Would that be resistance or cardio?
  • Zombieinkpot
    Options
    Hey - so do the burpees count towards our totals? Would that be resistance or cardio?

Because the burpees are the punishment exercise, you have to do 50 to get your strength training counted this week. I was MVP this week, so I don't have to do them, but I can donate any I do to the team to help out someone who is short. I guess if others want to do more than 50, they can donate them too! :smile:
  • dakotababy
    dakotababy Posts: 2,406 Member
    Options
    Ahhh I really am having a brutal week. I don't know...I almost feel burnt out from the amount of working out. Still keeping my calories in check though.
  • Zombieinkpot
    Options
    Ahhh I really am having a brutal week. I don't know...I almost feel burnt out from the amount of working out. Still keeping my calories in check though.

Don't worry, team Carl will help you out! That's great you are sticking to you calories. How much strength and cardio do you think you can manage this week? Can you do the burpees? You can have my extra exercise minutes, and I'm sure the rest of the team will help out too, just let us know how many you need. :smile:
  • katrkels11
    katrkels11 Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    Monday- Strength 20 minutes (1 of 3)
    Tuesday- Cardio-30 minutes zumba, 10 minutes kickboxing
    Wednesday- Cardio 80 Minutes

This is what I have so far since yesterday. Hopefully I will knock out some of those burpees today and get some strength in. I think I am going to use my weights while watching Pretty Little Liars. It should make the time go by fast! Oh and so far I am under everyday for my food. The hardest part for me is strength training until I get something to really use for it. Go team Carl!!
  • Zombieinkpot
    Options
    Go, Katrina! You're week is looking good! I love your idea of using weights while watching Pretty Little Liars :smile:

Nerd fitness has some great body weight strength training routines. Fitness blender has some as well. I just found Has Fit this week, and they have nice body training workouts for all levels. If you like yoga or pilates, that counts too. Even just tossing some heavy things in a bag and pushing/puling them around for a while counts!

Good luck today with everything.

Go team Carl!
  • Aprilstar480
    Aprilstar480 Posts: 2,910 Member
    Options
    CARDIO/COMBAT
    Monday- 15
    Tuesday- 60
    Wednesday -25
    Thursday
    Friday
    Saturday

100/220 minutes Cardio

STRENTH TRAINING
    Monday- 60 minutes
    Tuesday- 0
    Wednesday- 0
    Thursday
    Friday
    Saturday

60/90 minutes
    1/3 Strength
    Burpees 0/50

NUTRITION

Monday -Didn't Log
    Tuesday -Didn't Log
    Wednesday -Didn't Log
    Thursday
    Friday
    Saturday
    0/7 within calories

* Extra Walking:
    -Parked in a completely different parking lot near the grocery store Monday.
    -Back of lot at gym Tuesday & Wednesday

Goals:
    Lose 10lbs
    SW 165
    CW (week 1) 165.6
    CW (week 2)

Run 5k faster than 40 minutes
    week 1 time: 31:37!!!!

New Goal 5K in 25 minutes
    week 2 time: 30 minutes (Sunday)
  • Aprilstar480
    Aprilstar480 Posts: 2,910 Member
    Options
    Okay, Here is a basic spreadsheet but I don't know how to format it to get the totals at the end. Could someone else do that part please? Kim, you know how don't you?

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AmlUg0_HS-yVdENsNk5zODNlNXhXZ0xIQ3pTLXA0M0E&usp=sharing
  • katrkels11
    katrkels11 Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    Burpees are done!!

ETA: Just did 30 day shred level 1,I think I am going to put it as strength. Hopefully going to get 25 minutes of kickboxing in tonight. So far this is my week:

Monday- Strength 20 minutes (1 of 3)
    Tuesday- Cardio-30 minutes zumba, 10 minutes kickboxing
    Wednesday- Cardio 80 Minutes
    Thursday- 50/50 burpees 10 minutes strength (2 of 3) 30 minutes cardio(30dayshred)
    Cardio total- 120/220 cardio
    Strength-60/90
  • nisijam5
    Options
    I really don't deal with google docs...it kind of drives me crazy - I will try and check it out tho
  • nisijam5
    Options
    Monday,
    Cardio: nothing
    Strength: nothing
    Nutrition: Did not log

Tuesday,

Wednesday,

Thursday,
    Cardio: 45 minutes elliptical
    Nutrion: Did not log - but, I think I was under.

I will probably be short this week but will fight hard the rest of the week to get as much as I can done. I will get the burpees done this week but I am not really happy about it.

I went to the grocery store and got some fresh stuff which I have been low on. I haven't done a good shop in long time. Plus, we have been eating out way too much because of it.

Can I get a quick recap of requirements for this week so I can get up to speed? I know about the burpees.
    Also, does our week end on Sunday? or Saturday?

Friday, I am hoping to get 60 minutes of something
    Saturday, 60 minutes
    Sunday, 60 minutes
  • Zombieinkpot
    Options
    Week # 1 – February 3rd -- Goal 210 cardio minutes: Actual minutes 213 Goal 90 Strength training: Actual 90
    Week # 2 – February 10th – Goal 220 cardio minutes: Actual minutes Goal 90 strength training: Actual

Mon: 30 mins strength training, 86 mins walking
    Tue: 58 mins walking, 12 mins exercise video, 10 mins kickboxing
    Wed: 57 mins walking, 10 mins kickboxing, 11 mins exercise video, 56 mins strength training
    Thur: 10 mins kickboxing, 10 mins exercise video
    Fri:
    Sat:
    Sun:

Total / cardio min left: 244/+44 Total / strength training min left: 86/4

I got another 10 burpees done today - so they are up for grabs, team.

Thanks for setting up the spreadsheet, Kasi :flowerforyou: I'm so impressed by your 5k time!

Kim - our goals for this week are 220 mins cardio (45 mins of which has to be combat?) and 90 mins strength training. We only went up by ten mins of cardio. We also had to do some extra walking and the punishment exercises were 50 burpees. Oh, and our week ends on Saturday. You have to get your stats send to Arzu before midnight Saturday.

Excellent work on the burpees, Katrina! You're week is going great!
  • nisijam5
    Options
    Thank you so much!! I will probably be short for the week since I was a lameass this week.

Friday, 60 minute kickboxing class
    Saturday, 2 mile run and 60 minutes of yoga for strength

I tried to add to the spreadsheet but could not....just let me know if you need more help with it...