Daily Check In Thread

Options

Replies

• mema_king
    mema_king Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Week 5 Day 2 done and dare I say it...that fine felt. Still worried for the jump to 20mins but feeling more positive :)
  • socunpato
    Options
    Just completed W6D2. My first run with rain!

And it was awesome, wasn't it!??

It was! I was a bit scared, but I'm glad I did it. I won't be intimidated next time :)
  • BrendanScrote
    BrendanScrote Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Hope you don't mind me checking in here, I would of done so before but I only just found how groups and discussions actually work ....

I'm a big fella (I started at 277 lbs) and old (52) relatively healthy but dreadfully unfit and I started C25K I had a few injuries along the way and fell of the wagon a few times (a couple if injuries followed by Xmas) but today I completes W7D1 that's a 20 minute run which is unheard of for me ....

Some general comments

* I continue to surprise myself, the gradual build up of run/walk ratio really helps
    * Beginning of week 4 was horrendous but I did it and the next one too
    * I'm using the "Run 5K " ap which is tremendous and well worth the investment
    * I know the ap tells me not to but if I'm feeling good at the end of a run I will do an extra set or two of run/walks
    * I have taken to walking 5K on the days that I don't run which really helps
    * I seem to run very slowly (5.5 K/Hour) I feel at the end i will be able to run for 40 minutes rather than 5K
    * My joints ache like buggery sometimes but I have a great feeling of self satisfaction
    * I lost 27lb and 3" from my waist, my clothes fit better and my skin has improved

Next steps

* Start running outside (even if it is cold, wet and miserable)
    * 75lb more to lose
    * Enter a local 5K sometime in the spring
  • likitisplit
    likitisplit Posts: 9,420 Member
    Options
    I just ROCKED the infamous W5D3 20 minute run - RAWR! :happy: At a pace of 6.5 the whole way through, too. Bring it on W6...

Way to go!
  • AglaeaC
    AglaeaC Posts: 1,974 Member
    Options
    I'm back! I picked up where I left, at W8D3, and decided to just see how it goes, walk if necessary.

It was heavy and hard work, but it turns out the distance I measured is too short, funny enough. I walked quite a few times and since I have only week 8 and 9 on the iPod, but iTunes elsewhere, I had to make up my own intervals. Just as well, because they were tailored to how it felt.

The reason I had to walk more than most likely necessary were all the people in the park; I'm used to beach roads where you barely meet anyone. So I was self-conscious and a bit intimidated by all the "good" runners who kept breezing past me all the time. This made me keep too quick a pace, which then resulted in being short of breath and unable to walk. Should have brought a brown paper bag for that one time when I almost couldn't breathe LOL Body pays for stupid mind.

Anyway, toward the end I fell back into the rhythm of listening to myself, noticing what my thoughts were and steering them from paying attention to the excess fat to feeling from the inside what the muscles felt like during working. It's a weird sensation when the mind drifts from the sides of the body, where the fat is, to the front of the legs where the large muscles are.

It will be tough to get back into the shape I was before I hurt the ankle and knee, but for once I feel like I've been completely mangled, like someone squeezed out all the water from a towel, hehe.
  • btsinmd
    btsinmd Posts: 921 Member
    Options
    Week 5 Day 2 done and dare I say it...that fine felt. Still worried for the jump to 20mins but feeling more positive :)

You can do it, mema_king!!! You've trained up to it, so just go get it!

Congratulation on getting the 20 minute run done, BrendanScrote! Yes, most of us will not end the program running 5k in 30 or even 40 minutes, but we will be able to run 5k. You are doing really well! Just keep going. By Spring, you are going to be great at your 5k!
  • RinnyLush
    RinnyLush Posts: 389 Member
    Options

You've totally got it! No sweat.

...Well, there will be a lot of sweat, actually. Haha. :wink: But you can do it!!
  • Shannonsto
    Shannonsto Posts: 450 Member
    Options
    Starting again for my third attempt.. The first time I got to week five and was doing great before life got in the way. The second time I only made it to week three. This time, I am determined to finish. However, I'm not off to a good start. I did w1d1 yesterday and had to walk through two of the run segments :frown: . On to w1d2 tomorrow. I know I can, I know I can, I know I can...
  • dauvis
    dauvis Posts: 57
    Options
    Completed W9D1
  • jbee27
    jbee27 Posts: 356 Member
    Options
    I did W5D2 last night. I feel great, but am very nervious for W5D3 tomorrow...jumping from 8 minutes running to 20 seems like a HUGE leap.

It's not 8 minutes of running to 20 minutes. It's 16 minutes of running separated by a short walk break. Trust the program - you are more than ready for this.

On the program I'm doing ( http://www.coolrunning.com/engine/2/2_3/181.shtml ), it's a true 20 minutes straight for W5D3, then it drops down to intervals for the first two days of W6.

It was tough, but I made it! Hoping I can say the same for W6D3, scheduled for tomorrow!
  • brig_1_g
    brig_1_g Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Just completed week 6 day 3. I'm on a roll!
  • likitisplit
    likitisplit Posts: 9,420 Member
    Options
    I did W5D2 last night. I feel great, but am very nervious for W5D3 tomorrow...jumping from 8 minutes running to 20 seems like a HUGE leap.

It's not 8 minutes of running to 20 minutes. It's 16 minutes of running separated by a short walk break. Trust the program - you are more than ready for this.

On the program I'm doing ( http://www.coolrunning.com/engine/2/2_3/181.shtml ), it's a true 20 minutes straight for W5D3, then it drops down to intervals for the first two days of W6.

It was tough, but I made it! Hoping I can say the same for W6D3, scheduled for tomorrow!

W5D2 run 8, walk 4, run 8 = 16 mins of running
    W5D3 run 20 = 20 minutes of running

And you are totally ready for it ;)

Great job on pushing through! It's a real turning point!
  • clh126
    clh126 Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    week 4 day 3 done today
  • mema_king
    mema_king Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    So this morning I did week 5 day 3.

20mins of running at 7.2 on the treadmill, no stopping, no slowing just fighting with the snippy madam in my mind who I proved wrong today I can so totally do this!

So very pleased with myself and I wanted to say thanks to those here who told me to keep focused and keep going; you were right- I have so got this!
  • mistermoloney
    Options
    First time posting on here, although I've been reading a lot since I signed up about a week ago.

Just completed W1D3, I did W1D1 twice (on Saturday just to try it out, and started again Monday, so I could do MWF before work)
    and it was much easier today then it was D1 I can tell you that, I didn't immediately stop running today when I heard the notification from my phone haha. I think the last time I ran was playing kick ball in grammar school and I'm 27 now. I'm a little over weight and just started eating right and doing C25K to trim up and get healthy and make some new good habits.

I'll be sure to check in again! Thanks to all of you guys for your posts reading these forums is a great way to see that this stuff works.

Cheers.
  • jeridith
    jeridith Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    W6D3 done, although I had to walk a minute or two towards the end. Will probably repeat this day on Monday, or until I can run the entire time (which I KNOW I can do!)
  • toomanycats1975
    Options
    I have to whine. I really, really want to be out walking/running right now, but I have a condition called Raynaud syndrome that makes me react badly to the cold and lose circulation in my toes when I'm outside for more than a few minutes. This winter weather has been AWFUL, and I need to either re-evaluate whether I want to do C25K this spring, or think about getting a treadmill or gym membership. I can't train outside till the weather improves. *sigh*
  • nh38318
    nh38318 Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    W5D3 completed! Once I got past 10 minutes I found it quite easy! Cant wait for W6....
  • RinnyLush
    RinnyLush Posts: 389 Member
    Options
    C25K W6D2: I felt a distinct improvement in my endurance today. Those 10 minute runs separated by 3 minutes of walking felt like a snap! ^_^
  • sydneybeachgirl
    Options
    I havent had a chance to do a C25K for about 14days now..Reason is: life got in the way. I did however complete a mini tri which had a 2KM run leg....the most I ever attempted to run..I used the technique learnt from C25K programme - ran in intervalls: 60sec jog, 60sec walk...and was over the moon for finishing!

Now time for me to get back with the programme - W5D3 repeat -here I come :)