6am fitness buddies

Options

Replies

• TLwineguzzler
    TLwineguzzler Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    I failed too but was late going to bed last night because waiting for husband to get in from the football. Will be there tomorrow though :)
  • lucyloutoo
    lucyloutoo Posts: 522 Member
    Options
    I redeemed myself by being back in bed with tea by 6, having done level three of 30 day shred.
    Almost skipped again as was so tired...not tied at all now. :)
  • spg71
    spg71 Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    Wooooooooo hooooooooooooooooooooooo, Friday day at least, great swim for me this morning, although i have fallen into a little bad habit of hitting the snooze button for a extra 10mins, so will need to break that next week.

Good job everyone we are still at it :)
  • cbroadberry
    cbroadberry Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    thats Fridays gym done! looking forward to sleeping tomorrow! Tired today, as spent all day yesterday moving boxes around sorting out the archiving rooms at work. Little achey but glad i made it to the gym :)
  • lucyloutoo
    Options
    Workout done.

Happy Monday everyone.
  • mbarrett1
    mbarrett1 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    I'm up at 5.30 on a Monday, Wednesday and Friday to go on the treadmill and then 6am on Tuesday and Thursday to do some weights.

Been doing that for 5 weeks now, no sign of any weight loss yet though. :-(
  • TLwineguzzler
    TLwineguzzler Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    First time in the gym since Wednesday (been decorating all weekend though)
  • spg71
    Options
    Up and done. (this is not getting easier btw)

With the strength and cardio maybe focus less on the scales and start using a tape measure around ye body.
  • nicwillett
    nicwillett Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Good to see you all - I miss you when I go away! :) Good advice SPG, I definitely have to stop thinking that weight matters and its more about feeling better and losing those inches. I might have to crank up the effort too as I was allowing myself to get lazy when we had all the bad weather, just doing yoga and not enough walking. On that note, I'm off for a walk! I'm on leave today hence the late start. See you bright and early tomoz x
  • mbarrett1
    Options
    Up and done. (this is not getting easier btw)

With the strength and cardio maybe focus less on the scales and start using a tape measure around ye body.

Yeah I know I shouldn't focus on the scale numbers too much but its 1) a very hard habit to get out of and 2) My clothes aren't getting any looser. But then should I expect that after 5 weeks?!

*sigh* Well at least I'm moving!
  • lucyloutoo
    Options
    Complete fail for me again this morn, late night at movies......off for rest of week too so not that hopeful I'll be seeing you at six..or rather hopeful I won't be seeing you.
  • cbroadberry
    cbroadberry Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    Gym done this morning. Was feeling strangely motivated!! Got there early (well, ontime... im usualy late!) and finished later than usual :-)

Happy Tuesday everyone!
  • aidy_ball
    Options
    This all sounds fun. Going to go for it in the morning with a bit of a workout DVD. might have to be bit before 6 though.
  • lucyloutoo
    Options
    This all sounds fun. Going to go for it in the morning with a bit of a workout DVD. might have to be bit before 6 though.

Fun???? There's no fun to be had here!!!
    :laugh:
  • spg71
    Options
    The only fun to be had here is Friday when you know you have earned a lie in. Even then the twisted gods of early morning exercise make that you can't even have a lie in.
  • nicwillett
    nicwillett Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Ha ha! Its hard to get your head round it sometimes but when you do its a great feeling! I feel quite glowing after yoga this morning, which is useful as the heating's not working ;)
  • lucyloutoo
    Options
    I was bang awake at four this morn...typical.
    Had to wait for park to open at half seven though.

I do love a morning workout, sets you up for day.
  • spg71
    Options
    :) Its that period of Alarm going off and just waiting for everything to start working, but once up and left the house its no problem. Just make feel nice and calm when say at my desk chomping on my oats though.

Anyways, Swim this morning :)
  • mbarrett1
    Options
    Up at 5.30 and on the treadmill by 5.45am. Was a little bit of a struggle this morning but I knew I'd feel guilty if I didn't!!
  • de88s
    de88s Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Hi please can I join you. I have been getting up at 6am to do fit in 15 dvd. Really feel it working now after 2 weeks, never thought I would stick with it as I could hardly breathe after the first workout. Stopped smoking a year ago this month, can count on one hand how much I drink a year. Wish I could say the same about chocolate. What motivated me to get off my bum apart from the shock factor when I got on the scales, was realising I was eating 1700 calories a day in chocolate and crisps alone. Cut out the junk and with the help of MFP I have lost 8lb in 2 weeks.
    To keep me motivated I have bought a fitbit one, late birthday present and early mothers day present to myself.