Talking Dead: Team Carl

Options

Replies

• Zombieinkpot
    Zombieinkpot Posts: 745 Member
    Options
    I guess, (not sounding convinced).

Good idea on the resistance bands. If you're stuck for weights, bottles of water can be quite handy. 2litres of water equals 2.2lbs. I used to do dumbbell rows with a couple of bottles of water in a plastic bag! Gallon jugs filled up with sand or the like also make great weights.

How is everyone else getting on this week?

Arzu, I know you're really busy at work, but how is the week going?

Jessica, any up date?

How are you finding the challenge, Hannah?
  • katrkels11
    katrkels11 Posts: 115 Member
    Options

Good idea on the resistance bands. If you're stuck for weights, bottles of water can be quite handy. 2litres of water equals 2.2lbs. I used to do dumbbell rows with a couple of bottles of water in a plastic bag! Gallon jugs filled up with sand or the like also make great weights.

Jessica, any up date?

I have a set of 3 lb weights but it can get boring after a while, now I will have a variety.
  • Zombieinkpot
    Options

Jessica, any up date?

I have a set of 3 lb weights but it can get boring after a while, now I will have a variety.

Awesome! :smile: You're week is looking great! :drinker:
  • Zombieinkpot
    Options
    Week # 1 – February 3rd -- Goal 210 cardio minutes: Actual minutes 213 Goal 90 Strength training: Actual 90
    Week # 2 – February 10th – Goal 220 cardio minutes: Actual minutes Goal 90 strength training: Actual

Mon: 30 mins strength training, 86 mins walking
    Tue: 58 mins walking, 12 mins exercise video, 10 mins kickboxing
    Wed: 57 mins walking, 10 mins kickboxing, 11 mins exercise video, 56 mins strength training
    Thur: 10 mins kickboxing, 10 mins exercise video
    Fri: 64 mins strength training, 32 mins walking
    Sat:
    Sun:

Total / cardio min left: 296/+76 Total / strength training min left: 150/+60

I got another 30 burpees done yesterday, so that's 50 for the team.

Don't forget to pm Arzu before midnight with your stats. Have a great day!

Go team Carl!
  • Cindyinpg
    Cindyinpg Posts: 3,902 Member
    Options
    How's everyone doing this week? Arzu is very busy with school, so just send me your totals from now on, still by Midnight Central. I thought I'd posted the change already, but I must've forgot. :tongue:
  • Zombieinkpot
    Options
    How's everyone doing this week? Arzu is very busy with school, so just send me your totals from now on, still by Midnight Central. I thought I'd posted the change already, but I must've forgot. :tongue:

That's cool, Cindy. Thanks for letting us know.
  • Aprilstar480
    Aprilstar480 Posts: 2,910 Member
    Options
    So is she out or just stepping down from captain? I got in the rest of my cardio yesterday in the pool. BTW, Water volleyball is super hard when you can't reach the bottom. Gonna hit up the pool again today but I think our hiking will have to be put off till tomorrow. Its super stormy at the beach today. We just watch a chair fly off the patio cause of the wind:noway

Queenbee, are you gonna be able to get in the rest of your burpees? If not you can have 25 of mine.

Kim, get your strength done and you can have 50 burpees.

Anyone else need help?:
  • Zombieinkpot
    Options
    Kasi, you had an awesome week! :drinker: That's some wind! It's stormy here too, though not that bad. I'm visiting my sister this weekend and the wind damaged the roof so the house is a bit flooded at the moment. :frown:

I've 60 burpees, 60 mins strength training and 131 mins cardio up for grabs - who wants them?

According spreadsheet at the moment:-

Bridget - needs 54 mins cardio, 25 burpees
    Kim - needs 175 mins cardio, 90 strength training and 50 burpees
    Katrina - needs 40 mins cardio and 30 mins strength training.

Kasi - if we combine our extra strength training minutes we can help both Kim and Katrina reach goal. If Katrina takes 40 of my cardio minutes, and Bridget takes 54 cardio mins that leaves 37 cardio mins for Kim.

Arzu, Jessica and Hannah - are you still with us?
  • Aprilstar480
    Options
    Sounds good to me! Kim, get moving:bigsmile: I should be able to get Bridget's cardio done too if she can't. I'm sure i'll spend at least an hour in the pool again and possible get some walking done through beach shops or something. Keep us posted team! The weeks not over yet.
  • Zombieinkpot
    Options
    Excellent! I plan on doing another 10 mins kickboxing but that's probably me for the day (it's evening here).

Go team Carl! We can do this!
  • dakotababy
    dakotababy Posts: 2,406 Member
    Options
    I just added my numbers in for the week, except for today - can someone verify that you can see mine? I am not sure how to save the information.
  • Zombieinkpot
    Options
    I just added my numbers in for the week, except for today - can someone verify that you can see mine? I am not sure how to save the information.

Yup, Jessica, your stats are showing up on the spreadsheet. Great work on the burpees!
  • Zombieinkpot
    Options
    Week # 1 – February 3rd -- Goal 210 cardio minutes: Actual minutes 213 Goal 90 Strength training: Actual 90
    Week # 2 – February 10th – Goal 220 cardio minutes: Actual minutes Goal 90 strength training: Actual

Mon: 30 mins strength training, 86 mins walking
    Tue: 58 mins walking, 12 mins exercise video, 10 mins kickboxing
    Wed: 57 mins walking, 10 mins kickboxing, 11 mins exercise video, 56 mins strength training
    Thur: 10 mins kickboxing, 10 mins exercise video
    Fri: 64 mins strength training, 32 mins walking
    Sat: 30 mins walking, 15 mins exercise video, 20 mins kickboxing
    Sun: rest

Total / cardio min left: 361/+141 Total / strength training min left: 150/+60

Another 10 burpees today, so 60 in total.

Good luck today team! We can do this.

Go team Carl!
  • arzu726
    Options
    Hey guys!! Sorry, I've been so busy. Cindy is captain. Miraculously I've kept up with cardio and strength training thanks to work. Calories have been all over the place this week though. I am gonna be inputting my stats into the sheet now.
  • arzu726
    Options
    Ok, inputted. I sucked with calories this week, but my strength + cardio goals have been fabulous because of work. Ten hour days definitely help... as does walking up and down the stairs and lifting too many things to count. Woohoo.

Burpees are next after I finish my homework. Also, can anyone help me out with nutrition? I am having trouble eating healthy and welcome any recipes for a student limited on cash and time.
  • katrkels11
    katrkels11 Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    Hey everybody! Just got done shopping so I got some walking in and finished my cardio goal for the week. Also, I got a resistance band so I am going to try it out now, so I will hopefully get in the rest of my strength as well. If I get my strength I will have gotten every goal this week! How has everybody else done this week?
  • xqueenbee24x
    xqueenbee24x Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    My goodness I spend the morning at the gym and this thread went crazzzzzzy. I love it!!!

I had to make up for being super lazy yesterday so I ended up spending my entire morning at the gym. I was able to complete my numbers for everything and even if I go over tonight for cals I will still average under.

My goal of no gluten/fast food didn't go over well when I chose a chicken sandwich from Wendy over a huge bag of chips.... but ohhh well.

How was everyone's week been??? The numbers over all look great, keep up the awesome job ladies.
  • arzu726
    Options
    Yay it looks like everyone is doing pretty well :) Keep it up guys! I did my burpees... I'm dying...
  • Cindyinpg
    Cindyinpg Posts: 3,902 Member
    Options
    Wow, spreadsheet looks great. If anyone misses sending me a message tonight, I can just look on there, so it's definitely a great addition.
  • Aprilstar480
    Options
    So, I gave my extras to Dakotababy since her numbers were so close. That should put her at 100%. I still have 20 cardio and 15 strength if anyone needs it. Oh and Kim and Banana got my burpees.