Talking Dead: Team Carl

Options

Replies

• katrkels11
    katrkels11 Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    Managed to hit all of my goals this week! how did everybody else do?
  • arzu726
    Options
    I hit all my goals but nutrition. Hoping to do better this week :)
  • xqueenbee24x
    xqueenbee24x Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    We had a fantastic week and the numbers looked awesome, let's keep the momentum going!!!
    In addition to cardio, strength and nutrition we have to all do an extra ten minutes of cardio and donate it to team Rick or michonne. I think we need to split us up and half donate to one team and half to the other.... hopefully this will keep everything fair and still give us a fighting chance to win this week.

Additionally should all try to exceed the 250 minutes of cardio michonne and Rick are doing. There is no way we will learn to survive on our own if we don't take lessons from role models. With our spreadsheet it will be a lot easier for us to track our individual and team progress. Let's make this our week to show everyone what we are made of. :)

Hope y'all have a great start to your week.
  • Aprilstar480
    Aprilstar480 Posts: 2,910 Member
    Options
    Week Three Challenge Feb 17-22nd

1. Cardio:
    You will begin this third week by completing a minimum of 220 minutes of cardio, which should include at least minutes of combat related exercise such as a martial art like kickboxing.
    2. Weight Training
    Weight train or resistance train a minimum 30 minutes 3 times a week.
    3. Food Intake
    Stay within your set calorie goals, maintaining a weekly average. That means you can have a cheat day and go over, as long as you have other days to make up for the surplus.
    4. Do your punishment exercise(s) to be decided by Michonne every day for five days and include them in strength totals. The MVPs from each team are exempt.
    5. On the last episode that we saw Carl in, he realized the importance of being with his father and being reunited with Michonne. Complete ten minutes of a cardio or strength exerise of your choice and donate the time to a Team Rick or Team Michonne member of your choice. You can PM them or offer your contribution on their boards to the most needy.
    6. As before, you may share any extra cardio or strength minutes with a needy teammate. They can use the points towards their own totals in the challenge, but you keep them for MVP purposes.

So, we don't know what the punishment is yet? Do we?
  • Zombieinkpot
    Zombieinkpot Posts: 745 Member
    Options
    Kasi - woot!woot! Congrats on being MVP!!! You knocked it out of the park this week! Yay! :drinker:

Bridget - Awesome idea! I will donate to team Michonne.

Arzu - Yay! Well done, I'm so impressed you managed to make you goals when you were so busy!

Katrina - you had a fantastic week, well done!

We rocked week two, team Carl! Everyone did amazing with their cardio, strength and burpees. We were ranked second this week - epic turn around! We can do even better this week. Team Carl for the win! :drinker:
  • Cindyinpg
    Cindyinpg Posts: 3,902 Member
    Options
    Yes, we do. Michonne's team captain sent it to me last night. They want everyone to do this "Bring Sally Up" Squat Challenge, 5 times. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CswK7e_Bep8
    If you can't access the video, it is 4 minutes of regular squats, but holding in the squat position for a full 3 seconds before rising and squatting again.
  • Zombieinkpot
    Options
    Yes, we do. Michonne's team captain sent it to me last night. They want everyone to do this "Bring Sally Up" Squat Challenge, 5 times. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CswK7e_Bep8
    If you can't access the video, it is 4 minutes of regular squats, but holding in the squat position for a full 3 seconds before rising and squatting again.

That's not too bad. I was dreading it after reading the posts on the team Michonne board! :laugh:
  • zumbaforever
    zumbaforever Posts: 6,855 Member
    Options
    Squats are a great workout. And these are to music. It is tough, but fun. Which should be everyone's goal. :bigsmile:

Great job team Carl. And next time you come stalking, stop in and visit for awhile. :laugh:

Shelley
  • zumbaforever
    zumbaforever Posts: 6,855 Member
    Options
    PS, you can do it with pushups also. Just saying.

Shelley
  • Zombieinkpot
    Options
    PS, you can do it with pushups also. Just saying.

Shelley

Hi Shelley, thanks for stopping by! Do you mean you can incorporate a pushup into the squats or do you mean you can hold the pushup for 3 seconds before coming back up?

I actually seriously really love squats! I'm not saying I found the 4 minutes easy, but I felt so good afterwards! :smile:
  • Zombieinkpot
    Options
    Just to let you know, team, I love squats so I will probably do extra if anyone needs a hand with the punishment this week. I've done it twice already.

Off to bed now. Night! Don't let the zombies bite.
  • DouMc
    DouMc Posts: 1,689 Member
    Options
    Hi Team Carl. I'm on Team Michonne and part of our challenge is to share some love with you in the form of either cardio or strength training minutes. I am hereby offering 10 minutes of strength training to whoever on this team wants it. Just PM me and let me know (you can wait till nearer the end of the week if you want to see who needs it most).
    Happy squatting!! :smile: :smile:
  • FromFlabToFurious
    FromFlabToFurious Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    I love all of Team Carl and Team Rick and I think you've both done amazingly but this is a first-come, first-serve basis. Instead of offering you ten minutes of cardio or strength, with Cindy's permission, I am offering immunity to your punishment to only ONE member of Team Carl and ONE member of Team Rick. This will mean, for one member on Team Rick and one member on Team Carl, I will be doing your punishment for the rest of the week, which is the Sally squats.

If you want this to happen, PM me saying "Team Carl" or "Team Rick" respectively and the first person to message me will be the person I'll do the punishment for. This offer isn't valid to people who have already accepted help from one of my team!

I LOVE YOU, CARL AND RICK! I'll slay those zombies to save yo' *kitten*!
  • arzu726
    Options
    Wow, so much love going around for this week. I love squats, so I don't mind doing them ^_^ Also, I have fewer hours in work this week, which is nice.

BTW, did anyone else find Lizzie incredibly creepy in this week's episode?
  • arzu726
    Options
    Also, I lost 1.4 pounds!! Not the biggest loss but I was happy :)
  • Cindyinpg
    Cindyinpg Posts: 3,902 Member
    Options
    Wow, so much love going around for this week. I love squats, so I don't mind doing them ^_^ Also, I have fewer hours in work this week, which is nice.

Yes! She was very creepy. Here's where the true genius of the show's writers comes out. A child who is not that stable to begin with.... will they become a monster in the apocalypse? Enough years have gone by that they will be starting to forget what the normal civilized world was like.
  • arzu726
    Options

Yes! She was very creepy. Here's where the true genius of the show's writers comes out. A child who is not that stable to begin with.... will they become a monster in the apocalypse? Enough years have gone by that they will be starting to forget what the normal civilized world was like.

I felt very scared for Judith. That blank stare Lizzie had going on... :noway: I haven't read the comic books so don't know who Sgt. Abraham Ford is. He looks interesting.
  • katrkels11
    katrkels11 Posts: 115 Member
    Options

I felt very scared for Judith. That blank stare Lizzie had going on... :noway: I haven't read the comic books so don't know who Sgt. Abraham Ford is. He looks interesting.

From what I have read, we are about to meet somebody about 1000x worse than the governor
  • arzu726
    Options

From what I have read, we are about to meet somebody about 1000x worse than the governor

Oh dear. Well, I really enjoyed his character, so at least it will be an interesting season :)
  • Zombieinkpot
    Options

I'm so glad you love squats too, Arzu! I thought I was the only one! :happy: Congrats on your weight loss :drinker: