30 day shred

Options
124»

Replies

• rwieber
    rwieber Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    Great job DJ478. I'm on day 4.....keep up the good work!!!
  • DJ478
    DJ478 Posts: 909 Member
    Options
    thanks you im on level 2 day 1 today
  • suncluster
    suncluster Posts: 539 Member
    Options
    I did Level 2 yesterday. Oh my god it was hard. I definitely wanted to stop during it but I kept moving.

The Plank Jacks were actually pretty fun.
  • suncluster
    suncluster Posts: 539 Member
    Options
    QUESTION:
    How do you long 30 day shred in MFP?

Calistenics or Aerobics? Or somehting else?
    Thanks
  • FitnFeistyLyness
    FitnFeistyLyness Posts: 757 Member
    Options
    its circuit training i was told.
  • rondaj05
    rondaj05 Posts: 497 Member
    Options
    I wrote this formula on my calendar, I saw it in another thread in MFP. Someone posted that JM's website said to use this calculation to determine calories burned doing the 30 DS:

3.267 x your weight / the time =

In the case of 30 DS it's 25 minutes so you can go on the lighter side and divide by 3 (20 minutes) or use 30 minutes and divide by 2. Sounds like that part is open to however you want to calculate it. They said she said it's ok to divide by 2 (30 mins) bc the warm up and stretch is part of it and puts it closer to 30 mins.
  • DJ478
    Options
    Level 2 day 3 done now is anyone switching between levels or doing the straight 10 days on each level I was thinking of doing level 3 for 2-3 days then going back to level 2 unsure tho
  • nixie_o
    nixie_o Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Day 2, Level 1 ... :wink:
  • nixie_o
    nixie_o Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    This formula helped a lot! thanks. it calculated a level 1 workout at 325 cals, though I am closer to 400 cals burned when using my HRM.

Level 1 day 8 today, 6 lbs lost so far
  • taramcfarlan
    taramcfarlan Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Tara: I'm not doing the 30 day shred. I do the Last Chance Workout and its program instead. BUT if that is a cell phone I can send texts. I'd need a timezone so I am not sending you a text when it is like 3 AM for you, unless you're wanting to work out at 3 AM. :wink: I can also send you messages on here on a regular basis if you'd prefer. I am willing to do what I can to support you and help you on your journey.

Thank you, Lily! Or you can email me at mca_taramcfarlan@live.com !
  • Ramen237
    Ramen237 Posts: 264 Member
    Options
    Hi there!

I'm on Day 1 of 30DS, and man my butt was kicked today! :laugh: But that's life for ya...

Thanks for the formula, Ronda! For me, the calories work out to between 150 and 220 (depending on if I divide by 2 or 3).

Jillian is certainly a very assertive lady :bigsmile: I've had to modify some exercises, and use the lighter version of some, but I still got a nice, sweaty workout!! All that fat better watch out because I'm coming for it!

Tomorrow is Day 2. Good luck, everyone! :heart:

Tara, Nixie, DJ, and Ronda -- WE GOT THIS!!!
  • FitnFeistyLyness
    FitnFeistyLyness Posts: 757 Member
    Options
    i restarted level 1 with ramen i modify too sweetie i cant do push ups so i do reicep push backs.. movement works.. just keep going!

hmm ok so i calculated so i burn more calories with the shred with that.. cool.. now i have to eat more arghhhh lol

lets do this!!!
  • rondaj05
    rondaj05 Posts: 497 Member
    Options
    I need to start over too! I've been mixing up my work outs, I added squats this week which I need, my thighs burn!! But I've also been using my treadmill a lot more.

When I do the shred I have to modify a few things too... I think it's more important to just get through it the best you can, it does get easier every time you do it.
  • Ramen237
    Options
    Day 2 - check! :-) My calves are so sore, and so are my upper arms! I think I may need to modify the pushups as well - even the easier version with the knees on the ground is giving me trouble.

I really hope the calf soreness will get a bit better, I just don't want it to escalate to where it really becomes unbearable or where can get injured. Like Jillian says, no injuries, guys!!!

I'm actually doing better with cardio today than I was yesterday. I am slightly less out of breath, though that just might be my imagination :)

I also snapped some "before" pictures of myself so I can share at the end of the shred. My problem area are my hips, it's where most of my excess weight is sitting (and some on my upper arms too!). So while 30DS doesn't really hone in on any specific body part, I hope my hips will reap the benefits of doing the workout.

28 more days to go, yaaaaaaay!!! So EXCITED!!! Let's get that new body!!!
  • Ramen237
    Options
    Day 3 - DONE!!! So far, so good. It may have felt a bit easier today, too!
  • Ramen237
    Options
    Days 4 and 5 are complete :) How's everyone else doing? Lynn? Ronda? :)

I think eating more is awesome, Lynn ;-)
  • elghee123
    elghee123 Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    May I join here too?

I am doing 30DS and now at Level 3 day 7.
  • DJ478
    Options
    Nice job I gave up halfway through but I will be starting again on Monday I have a group I anyone else wants to join

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/forums/show/50118-jillian-michael-workouts
  • GirlFuzzybearsandbunnies
    Options
    Finished 30DS a few months back... totally worth it! Felt lighter, stronger ... did lose couple of inches.
    It aint too tough keep going guys!
  • GirlFuzzybearsandbunnies
    Options
    Try Ripped in 30 next ... you can do it!