Talking Dead: Team Carl

Options

Replies

• Aprilstar480
    Aprilstar480 Posts: 2,910 Member
    Options
    We are looking damn good for the week! If I totaled things right we have more points right now than the winning teams did for the past two weeks! I was looking at the nutrition part of the challenge though and remembered we are allowed a cheat day....

3. Food Intake
    Stay within your set calorie goals, maintaining a weekly average. That means you can have a cheat day and go over, as long as you have other days to make up for the surplus.

I didn't cheat on Monday, I just didn't log. As of right now I have 2779 extra calories plus the 2000 allowed for the day.... therefore, I am declaring Monday my cheat day cause honestly I don't think I went over anyway.
  • Aprilstar480
    Options
    I will get 5 minutes of wall sits today....

I just finished running - 50 minutes and I am going to update the spreadsheet. I am scheduled for Hot Yoga at 5:15, that's an hour of strength.

I'm back to logging calories today.

Hubs said I look thinner in my hips and that, my friends, was motivational.

Tomorrow, I have to commit to the 1/2 marathon and I am scared. My sister and I are thinking of tattoos to celebrate. I don't have any tats so it would be interesting. Just something small....any ideas or pics? Think back of neck or ear.

When are you doing your half marathon? I've been thinking about doing one. An organization that I like to run with has one schedule for November. I think I'm gonna do it. I have run 5k three times this week. My times are increasing and I feel like I'm building endurance too.

As for Tattoos... I don't really think someone else can recommend one for you. That's something you really have to think about and find something that reflects you or someone/something significant in your life. But if your getting it to celebrate your marathon maybe something to do with strength, motivation, or resilience. Oooh or Health since your a nurse and your working towards a healthy you! Use google images and you'll find tons of ideas. My daughter is turning 18 in May and she's been looking. She found this quote and want to get a arrow because of it.

arrow_zps25969e91.jpg
  • Aprilstar480
    Options
    Queenbee, Amazing job on the Wall Sits!!! I think my knees are hurting more than my thighs from those damn things. I'm sure glad we've got those all taken care of!

Kat, I'm with you! Can't wait for spring weather:bigsmile: We got a couple days of sunshine here but now were back to rain. I'm so done with the gloomy skies!

FYI,
    Banana hasn't checked in at all since we started
    Dakota didn't weigh-in last week and hasn't checked in with us for 10 days
    Arzu deactivated her account

I pm'd Cindy with the questions I asked earlier.....

Yes, the wall sits are definitely strength. There were two that didn't check in. I think it was dakotababy and arzu. I am not near my list. It was the two that were blank on the spreadsheet anyway. Neither of them will be counted against you if they do not check in this week.
  • Zombieinkpot
    Zombieinkpot Posts: 745 Member
    Options
    Wow team, we are doing AWESOME! :drinker:

We're definitely going to make the top four this week! We should start thinking up some punishment exercises! :happy: Abraham is ours. Muhahahaha!

Go team Carl!:drinker:
  • xqueenbee24x
    xqueenbee24x Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    I have 30 minutes of strength and 15 of cardio to add for this mornings workout.
    After work I am going to try to go back to the gym and get in a little more of everything.

I think if we keep the focus of having to make up the other 3 teammates numbers we will make the top two for sure!!!!

Happy Friday Ladies!!!!!
  • nisijam5
    nisijam5 Posts: 10,390 Member
    Options
    Ohhh, I like the idea of the arrow...I am thinking that I will have a small row of buildings to reflect the Chicago skyline with a road to represent Lake Shore Drive...at the end of the road will be 13.1...but, we will see

I am sorry to say that today is my official rest day so I will probably do a set of wall sets and that's it.

Tomorrow, I have a 2.5 mile run (50 minutes cardio) and probably another session of Hot Yoga (60 minutes strength).

I need to be better about logging the calories so I am sorry to be lacking in that department.
  • strive4more11
    strive4more11 Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    Hey Team Carl! I just sneaked a peek at your weight loss/journey stories. You are all such an inspiration! Kepp up the fantastic work :happy:
  • Zombieinkpot
    Options
    Thank you Strive4more:flowerforyou:

Kim - I am donating 70 minutes of cardio and 20 minutes of wall squats to you this week!

Kat - I am donating 70 minutes of cardio, 25 minutes of strength training and 10 minutes of wall squats to you!

I managed to hold one wall sit for 5 minutes today! My legs were like jelly afterwards, but I'm getting stronger.

We have done AWESOME this week team! Team Carl is the best! :drinker: :drinker: :love:

Have a great weekend everyone!
  • katrkels11
    katrkels11 Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    WOW! Great job everybody! On the spreadsheet, we have enough minutes for everything to already have every goal hit!! And we still have another day left! WooHoo!! Awesome job this week! :drinker: Now lets hope that it is enough to get us Abraham :wink:
  • Cindyinpg
    Cindyinpg Posts: 3,902 Member
    Options
    WOW! Great job everybody! On the spreadsheet, we have enough minutes for everything to already have every goal hit!! And we still have another day left! WooHoo!! Awesome job this week! :drinker: Now lets hope that it is enough to get us Abraham :wink:
    Yay, good job, you guys!
  • Cindyinpg
    Options
    I haven't officially posted it yet, but Team Rick is number one this week! Four teams got a perfect 3.0: Rick, Carl, Tyreese/Sasha and Michonne. Rick had an extra 2 points that was divided among the team for when he killed the guy in the bathroom last week. So Rick gets first pick(I am going to assume, Abraham) and the remaing three teams are all tied, so to be fair the best solution may be for the three character's (Tara, Rosita and Eugene) kills to be added together every week and divided equally among the three second place teams. Is everyone okay with this?
  • Zombieinkpot
    Options
    Sounds good to me, Cindy.

Yay! Tied for second. Well done team Carl! We rock! :drinker:
  • nisijam5
    Options
    Yes!! Thanks for the donation this week. Tonight is kettlebells so I will start the week strong. I am also going to focus more on counting the calories and logging. I have been lacking in this department.
  • Zombieinkpot
    Options
    You're welcome, Kim. We did great last week and we will be awesome again this week! Cardio has gone up to 230 but strength is still 90. Kettle bells sounds fun.
  • nisijam5
    Options
    Yes, kettlebells are fun.

What is the punishment for the week? I couldn't seem to find that...

Also, I just tweaked the spreadsheet so that we can see it all at a glance.
  • Cindyinpg
    Options
    New Challenge is posted on the team's Walking Dead thread.
    Recap is posted here:
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1215721-episode-recap-season-4-episode-11-still
    Summary of Kill points Daryl 6, Beth 2

Leaderboard and this week's MVP's has been posted.
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1195194-weekly-leaderboard-and-most-valuable-players

Rick will be deciding the punishment exercises this week (in the next 24 hours) and choosing one of the four new characters. The weekly points from the remaining three will be divided up among the three, second place finishers. 

This week's optional show inspired exercise is this fitnessblender golf workout: 
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5F8iPHvVq6E&feature=youtube_gdata_player
  • Zombieinkpot
    Options
    That's great, Kim, thanks.

Team Rick haven't given out the punishment yet. We might have to wait until tomorrow to get it.
  • nisijam5
    Options
    OK...I guess we will have to see what's in store for us.
  • Zombieinkpot
    Options
    I had a quick look on team Rick's board and there is a mention of burpees. :(

Ok, so we are in week 5 of the challenge, half way through and time to review goals. My goals at the start were
    1. Reach 329lbs - I'm currently 350lbs
    2. Get down to 76% body fat (going by tape measure and online calculator) - currently 73% woot!
    3. Get down to waist 50" - currently 51"
    4. Get down to hips 65" - currently 63" woot!
    5. Using 10lb dumbbells in my strength training - not there yet

I had great inch loss in February and I credit it to starting the 30 day shred - and this challenge too of course! I hope March will be as successful.
  • katrkels11
    katrkels11 Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    Great job last week everybody! Lets do even better this week!