Big & Tall People, UNITE!

Options
12346»

Replies

• hopeless_rhomantic
    hopeless_rhomantic Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Hey I'm Nikki!! I'm 6'2 401lbs and only 21.... My goal is 200 lost in 14 months! I need all the support I can get and I'll give it too!!! Could someone post a picture of their weight loss at 6ft plus. I'm really curious to see how the body image changes based on my height!
  • markja
    markja Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    Hello guys, I'm Mark, 56, 319, down 16 lbs since starting once again about 13 days ago. I noticed that you guys are horrid the gym very hard. We'll, I'm not what you'd call a gun rat, I don't even remember the last time I was in a gym. I couldn't do much there anyway, I'm doing real well to walk floor an hour.

Last physical my numbers were great. My only real health problem is weight. I would love to get out of the 300 Club and I should by May 1st.
  • coccodrillo72
    coccodrillo72 Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    Hello Nikki, welcome! This group is not very active, but you'll find support when you need it. Sorry I can't help you about the picture, maybe you could ask to another woman (not many around here, not lately anyway).

Hello Mark, welcome to you too. I too had good result by walking only at the beginning: any exercise is a good exercise! Strenght training is really important though, as it's the best way to retain muscle mass while in a caloric deficit. Muscle is very, very hard to build and easy to lose: you should really aim to keep what you have.
  • CapnDonkey
    CapnDonkey Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    So sorry that this board seems to have been deserted lately. Had a few slip ups myself, but back on track and feeling great! Glad to see the new members!
  • markja
    markja Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    Howdy Cap! I'm one of the newbs. glad that you're back.
  • murnin22fc
    murnin22fc Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hey Fellas,

I noticed there hasn't been a ton of activity on here, but I figured I'm part of a very small community so at the least I'd join up.

I'm 6'7" and as of today 358 pounds. I just started working out and eating right after a few years of neglecting myself.

I'm 26, and back in college my mother passed away from a massive heart attack. At that point in time I was 375 pounds and in serious trouble. I worked my way down to 275 pounds in under a year, and sprained my ankle. While I was laid up, I was made fun of a lot by the people I used to call my friends because of my saggy skin acquired through my rapid weight loss and lack of toning (I was just running on an elliptical for an hour as hard as I could). I lost all interest in my health and was back to 370 not long ago.

A few months ago I moved 1,200 miles away from home, and with all of the free time I have, I was able to once again take notice of the disaster that has become my health. It's been two weeks now, but I'm as motivated as I've ever been.

Glad to meet you all.