30 Day Plank Challenge

Options

Replies

• PaulaKro
    PaulaKro Posts: 5,697 Member
    Options
    Kathy, I'm ignoring you. Two 100 second planks. Argh! Bonnie Joe, you too. 150 seconds are just too hard to think about right now.

Steve & Chuck, I did it too! Sixty seconds. Hooray! Steve - hope you feel better soon!

Chris, I finally caught up with you, and you upped it. Egad!

Shelley, No more knuckle-dragging! Let's see those one-armed one-legged planks! Oh yeah, burn baby!

Mssheddy, Aren't we having fun! Yay!

I was able to do all sixty seconds today with straight arms and no incline and no breaks. Normal! OMG! Please excuse the giddiness. That was my first 60 second plank. I yelped with amazement when I collapsed. Fortunately that cat was not underneath me at the time.

Good health and strength to you all!
    Paula
  • zumbaforever
    zumbaforever Posts: 6,884 Member
    Options
    I wonder if anyone knew I was faking the towel wiping? :smokin:
    Shelley
    [/quote]

So they don't see a pattern, use the old muscle cramp, that always works.

Chuck
    [/quote]

What was I thinking? Oh yeah I remember, will this ever end.
  • zumbaforever
    Options
    Paula I did some of them yesterday. :sad:

Kathy you are rocking! So proud of you.

Bonnie Jo, cut back a little. When your back feels stronger come on back like a hurricane! :drinker:

You all are doing great. Steve take care of that hip. If you need to decrease to keep the hip from hurting do so. You can always do more sets for less time and still get the benefits.

I must admit I killed my legs the other day. I am walking like a grandmother! Oh wait, I am one. :bigsmile:

So I am bowing out for today.

Shelley
  • CRody44
    CRody44 Posts: 776 Member
    Options
    Paula, welcome to the 60 second club, my PB also.

Chuck
  • iRun_Butterfly
    iRun_Butterfly Posts: 483 Member
    Options
    Day 11 done...bring on day 12, 90 seconds....you shall not beat me! Bring it!!

lol...I'm trying to get my war face on for tomorrow :laugh:
  • airdale8263
    airdale8263 Posts: 2,155 Member
    Options
    Damm I got my days mixed up - -I did a 90 second plank this morning thinking I was on Day 12....oh well

I will do a 90 second tomorrow for day 12..

I did the plank this morning straight arm.....maybe tomorrows I will do on elbows -- see if i can do it.
  • CRody44
    CRody44 Posts: 776 Member
    Options
    Day 11 - done, no fun!
  • KAR1959
    KAR1959 Posts: 4,259 Member
    Options
    Skipping today. A 10 hour work day and tennis practice killed my legs. Will complete day 11 & 12 tomorrow. Good night.
  • cpanus
    cpanus Posts: 19,390 Member
    Options
    Got a 60, straight arm plank done this evening. Walked with husband and puppy for an hour. Windy but beautiful. You should see the stars tonight!

Chris
  • PaulaKro
    Options
    Fell down at 59. Still haven't caught up with you Chris, sigh.

Steve, glad you were able to workout again tonight!

Chuck, I agree, no fun! But I'm still on the ground without breaks. :happy:

Kathy, I think you already completed day 11 and 12 yesterday!

Sheddy, Here's a war face: :angry: :angry: Chris calls it Strength! I like it!

Shelley, Enjoy Coffee-Kelly. Hope you aren't walking too funny anymore. :tongue:

Bonnie Jo, Your absence has been noticed. :grumble: But Shelley told you to cut back, so you get a pass. :wink: Hope you're feeling better.

Congrats to all.
    Paula
  • iRun_Butterfly
    iRun_Butterfly Posts: 483 Member
    Options
    Day 12, 90 seconds complete on second attempt. Made a minute fifteen this morning, redid it at lunch today and made the full 90 seconds. Shoulders are not happy with me...lol!
  • airdale8263
    airdale8263 Posts: 2,155 Member
    Options
    Day 12 (offically this time.:laugh: :laugh: ) was completed early this morning. I did another straight arm today. Of course being a gluten for punishment, I went and did a 60 second on my elbows.:sad:

My shoulders, arms, and places I didn't don't even know I had are "screaming" at me.:laugh: :laugh: So that is good right??
  • zumbaforever
    Options
    Day 12 (offically this time.:laugh: :laugh: ) was completed early this morning. I did another straight arm today. Of course being a gluten for punishment, I went and did a 60 second on my elbows.:sad:

My shoulders, arms, and places I didn't don't even know I had are "screaming" at me.:laugh: :laugh: So that is good right??

I think it is a good thing. But I am weird that way. :drinker:

Paula I can walk again! Last night I did a Kelly Coffey Meyer DVD. It had two one minute straight arm planks. But with a twist. You got to do a one arm row during them. I used my 10 pound dumbbells. Next time I will wear gloves and use a 12 pound instead.

You guys are doing awesome. And Kathy when you have to skip this due to another workout that is awesome.

Shelley
  • cpanus
    Options

Paula...bwahahah! I don't think so...You've probably passed me and just won't say!

Shelley -- great move with the weights. Don't know if I can do that but I'm going to give it a try!

Took the day off work today...got a 90 second straight-arm plank done. Shaky for sure. Cursing for sure. ugh! :frown:

Chris
  • bonjojo
    bonjojo Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    My absence has been noted, eh??? So nice to be missed!! :love:

On Tuesdays (and Wednesdays) I usually don't get to these until evening, and I don't get back on the computer afterwards to post in the community. I DO put them under 'strength' on my exercise log, so you can check up on me if you view my diary!! Uh oh, maybe I shouldn't have told you that.... :wink:

So last night I DID do my 180 seconds. I was amazed that I was actually able to do it!!! Did first on elbows (that way I can read and try to ignore how slow the timer is counting down - yeah, doesn't work very well). Then rested a good hour (at least) and did the second straight-arm, which can bother my wrists a bit. Periodically on the 2nd one I'd shift to side planks to rest one or the other of my wrists and try to fool myself that it really wasn't that long. Not sure if I can do it again. We'll see. Will be post-Zumba tonight (was on Monday too) which may cause problems!

Good job everyone. This is killer.

Bonnie Jo
  • zumbaforever
    Options

Paula...bwahahah! I don't think so...You've probably passed me and just won't say!

Shelley -- great move with the weights. Don't know if I can do that but I'm going to give it a try!

Took the day off work today...got a 90 second straight-arm plank done. Shaky for sure. Cursing for sure. ugh! :frown:

Chris

Chris that plank move was in the new KCM DVD we both have.
    Mssheddy, great time! WOOHOO

Bonnie Joe of course you are missed. :)

Shelley
  • KAR1959
    KAR1959 Posts: 4,259 Member
    Options
    I completed day 11 this morning and day 12 this evening.

Day 11 - 110 seconds

Day 12 - 90 seconds

I did the evening plank after my workout at the gym...could not hit 110 seconds again.
  • PaulaKro
    Options
    Was going to do two 45 second planks on the ground but almost passed out after 15 because of AFib (irregular heartbeat).

Planned to skip the rest but decided to try an easy incline instead (two steps up) but it wasn't a workout anymore. So I used the bottom step for two sets of 45. That worked (ouch).

:grumble: I haven't had AFib in months. Was hoping (dreaming) it had gone away. But nope. Reality sux - Oh no, not really. Today was a really nice day. Oddly, after my workouts, it was gone again.

Hope you all have a lovely evening!
    Paula
  • zumbaforever
    Options
    I sometimes get that Paula. Not very often though. Hope yours stays gone even longer this time.

Well today I walked my darlings instead. And it was so much more fun than planking! :laugh: Ok, I will plank extra tomorrow. But I will not have to like it. :grumble:

Shelley
  • cpanus
    Options

Chris

Chris that plank move was in the new KCM DVD we both have.

Shelley

Yes, you're right...I couldn't do it with the weights. I just did it with my fist pretending I was holding a weight. I could do it with wrist weights...wonder if someone's invented those yet...but not putting my weight on the weights...kills my wrists...too many 'w' words...egad! there's another one!

Tomorrow is going to be a beautiful day!

Chris