30 Day Plank Challenge

Replies

• PaulaKro
    PaulaKro Posts: 5,760 Member
    The day was beautiful and we got in a really long walk with the pup. It was a fine Saturday!

Chris
    Fine bunch of friends you and Chuck are, Chris.

Telling Shelley it's 76degrees and beautiful, when I'm trying to tell her we have hurricanes. (To make her feel better, y'know? Cuz she was whining...) :laugh:

Paula
  • zumbaforever
    zumbaforever Posts: 6,999 Member
    The day was beautiful and we got in a really long walk with the pup. It was a fine Saturday!

Chris

Telling Shelley it's 76degrees and beautiful, when I'm trying to tell her we have hurricanes. (To make her feel better, y'know? Cuz she was whining...) :laugh:

Paula

Paula I so appreciate the effort. Those other two should just have to do my superwoman planks so they will appreciate their nice weather more. :explode: :devil:

And for the curious minds out there, yes I do them. And they make me shake and sweat! :laugh:

See Paula, no more whining. :bigsmile:

Shelley
  • iRun_Butterfly
    iRun_Butterfly Posts: 483 Member
    Day 8 today right?...lol...did my 45 seconds this morning, straight arms, then another 30 on my forearms. Tomorrow will be interesting. Night all!
  • cpanus
    cpanus Posts: 19,793 Member

Chris

Paula

Paula I so appreciate the effort. Those other two should just have to do my superwoman planks so they will appreciate their nice weather more. :explode: :devil:

And for the curious minds out there, yes I do them. And they make me shake and sweat! :laugh:

Shelley

Okay wait a minute...I didn't mention what the weather was before the walk with the world's perfect pup or after the walk with the pup, did I? Nopey, nope and believe me when I say...we were really lucky to have an hour and 17 minute break in the horrible hurricanes, rain and snow...yes there was snow! :bigsmile: It must have been -12 degrees outside...I had to wear my Disneyland hoody, it was so cold! Oh wait...can it snow at -12 degrees? :huh: Yes, I say...this is California...anything is possible! :laugh:

Chris
  • zumbaforever
    Really Chris, I am beginning to think this is comedy central and the planks are just a side note. Actually that is not to bad an idea. I am just glad you were able to wear your Disneyland hoodie! :bigsmile:

Hoping to walk them tomorrow.

Shelley
  • cpanus
    bwahahhah! :tongue: :laugh: :tongue: :laugh:

:heart: :heart: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:

Chris
  • CRody44
    CRody44 Posts: 776 Member
    Day 9: 60 second full planks, done. Had to split it up, 53/7 but 53 seconds is my PB.
  • PaulaKro
    Shelley
    Okay wait a minute...I didn't mention what the weather was before the walk with the world's perfect pup or after the walk with the pup, did I? Nopey, nope and believe me when I say...we were really lucky to have an hour and 17 minute break in the horrible hurricanes, rain and snow...yes there was snow! :bigsmile: It must have been -12 degrees outside...I had to wear my Disneyland hoody, it was so cold! Oh wait...can it snow at -12 degrees? :huh: Yes, I say...this is California...anything is possible! :laugh:Chris
    You two make me so happy, it brings tears to my eyes! LMAO :sad: ROTF :laugh:
  • PaulaKro
    Day 9: 60 second full planks, done. Had to split it up, 53/7 but 53 seconds is my PB.
    You got me beat, Chuck. I had to split them into two @ 30 seconds each modified.

Had my first "WHY did I sign up for this :grumble: " thought today. :laugh:

Paula
  • CRody44
    My first "Why" while doing this is why did I let myself get so FAT and out of shape?????
  • PaulaKro
    My first "Why" while doing this is why did I let myself get so FAT and out of shape?????
    LOL! To lead you to us, of corse! And now you can reverse it! :laugh:
  • iRun_Butterfly
    Day 9...60 seconds done this morning, then again this evening. Shaky...really shaky!
  • airdale8263
    airdale8263 Posts: 2,155 Member
    Day 9 --completed the 60 second... as mssheddy did another later this afternoon.....wow what a feeling. Shaking about 45 or so but held it to make 60 seconds.

Not looking forward to the 90 second one.
  • JohnnyResets
    JohnnyResets Posts: 177 Member
    Got my 1:40 in today... oh yeah!
  • KAR1959
    KAR1959 Posts: 4,325 Member
    Got my 1:40 in today... oh yeah!

Great job...I'm chasing you and Shelley.

Today I could only do 2 sets of 60 second planks. Yesterday I did one 1:45 second plank. It must have been the hour walk this afternoon.

Tomorrow is another day! I will get to 2 minutes!!
  • CRody44
    I must really be a plank wuss. Are you all doing planks from your toes or knees?
  • airdale8263
    I have been doing mine on my toes and elbows.......trust me they are not easy!!
  • PaulaKro
    Day 9 --completed the 60 second... as mssheddy did another later this afternoon.....wow what a feeling. Shaking about 45 or so but held it to make 60 seconds.

Not looking forward to the 90 second one.
    You're amazing, Steve!
  • zumbaforever
    I love reading all your posts. The "why's" the shakes, and I did its. Love them all. And let's not forget the put it off until bedtime! Lol that was me. I was to lazy to do them twice. Are we supposed to be doing them twice? I really think we are all just doing what we can and to heck with the numbers.

I did my superwoman ones. Once on each side. I can hold my left arm out longer than my right arm. But around 45 seconds per side. Done.

Kathy that was an awesome 1:45 yesterday.

Chuck hang in there. We are all at different levels. Anyone who can garden and keep a salt water tank going can do this. Chuck you have the rest of your life to do this. And planks are great for what ails you. :smokin:

Shelley
  • PaulaKro
    I must really be a plank wuss. Are you all doing planks from your toes or knees?
    If you're a wuss, what am I? They're all just beasts, Chuck. We'll get there! You first!!!
  • zumbaforever
    If you're a wuss, what am I? They're all just beasts, Chuck. We'll get there! You first!!!

Knuckle dragger here. I can hear you calling us beasts. Sniffle sniffle. Hurts my little feelers. Did I mention I sweat, shake, and have to use a mat? Hurts my elbows if I don't. :sad:

I remember my first plank. It was in a body pump class. It started out great. Two seconds later I was asking "why". :sad: But people were watching! :noway: I had to hang in there. I made it to five seconds! I was straining by now. I saw a light. My towel! :blushing: Yes I fell to the floor and acted like I had to wipe the sweat out of my eyes. :laugh: A few more sets like the first one and I was done. I wonder if anyone knew I was faking the towel wiping? :smokin:
    Shelley
  • cpanus
    I managed one 90 second plank today. It was supposed to be 60 seconds, but I upped it. No superwoman...just regular Chris planks...straight armed on my toes. That's it!! I'm having a REST DAY tomorrow, so I'll be back on Tuesday!

Have a great Monday!

Chris
  • CRody44
    Chris, I am jealous! I want to be like you when I grow up.

Chuck
  • airdale8263
    Day 10 - complete....was able to do a 60 second on my elbows. Not sure I changed my form or not but my hip is bothering me today after doing it. (I have a bad hip to begin with.)

No plans to do a second one today after work with the way the hips feels now.
  • CRody44
    Day 10 - 60 second plank completed, one continuous with no breaks. It’s a good thing it wasn’t a 61 second plank, the old bridge was starting to collapse.
  • bonjojo
    bonjojo Posts: 114 Member
    I'm on day 21 and it's killing me! :sad: Yesterday evening I managed to hang in there on elbows for my first one (150 seconds) but had to drop to knees a couple of times on the 2nd. Kills my back!! Then this morning I couldn't even do one all the way through without dropping to knees a couple of times! :frown: Maybe, MAYBE I'll try a second one today, after several hours of rest.

And I'm supposed to bump it up another 30 seconds tomorrow? Seriously?? ACK!!! :noway: Impossible!! :noway:

Bonnie
  • CRody44
    [/quote]
    I wonder if anyone knew I was faking the towel wiping? :smokin:
    Shelley
    [/quote]

So they don't see a pattern, use the old muscle cramp, that always works.

Chuck
  • iRun_Butterfly
    Day 10 - complete....was able to do a 60 second on my elbows. Not sure I changed my form or not but my hip is bothering me today after doing it. (I have a bad hip to begin with.)

No plans to do a second one today after work with the way the hips feels now.

Sorry your hip is hurting again. Take it easy. And wtg on completing day 10!
  • iRun_Butterfly
    Day 10 done on my lunch break. I looked at the stop watch after just barely 30 seconds and felt like crying..lol...will do a 2nd after work.
  • KAR1959
    KAR1959 Posts: 4,325 Member
    Day 10 - 100 sec plank completed this morning. I'm going to do a second one before bed. Now it's on to my DVD challenge.