30 Day Plank Challenge

Replies

• iRun_Butterfly
    iRun_Butterfly Posts: 483 Member
    Day 4, 30 seconds completed on my lunch break. Very shaky today!
  • PaulaKro
    PaulaKro Posts: 5,760 Member
    Checking in before tonight's meeting. Glad to see your posts! I will be home in a few hours. See you again then!
  • CRody44
    CRody44 Posts: 776 Member
    Paula,

'll be waiting up for you to make sure you do your planks.

Chuck
  • cpanus
    cpanus Posts: 19,793 Member
    PAULA!!!! WHERE ARE YOU??

Got a 60 second plank done today because we have so many over-achievers and I was feeling like a slacker. Got it done! We'll see if tomorrow is a 65 second plank or a 55 second plank...five seconds one way or the other...right?

Have a great Wednesday!

Chris
  • zumbaforever
    zumbaforever Posts: 6,999 Member
    Don't see Chris or Johnny. :angry: Maybe they're off fighting zombies? :angry: Hope they're okay...

Chuck and Steve,

I didn't forget you! I'm just a night owl on the west coast, and often errands make me log even later. But I see you've both been very good today (or a few days ago, in Chuck's case). :drinker: I hope all your new partners will still share you with me.

I was still able to do 30 seconds unmodified today.

Paula

[ Shelley, my arms hurt. :cry: ]

That is wonderful! Why are you crying? You have entered the realm of doing enough. No crying now. :) Oh, and guys, I was interrupted after some of my other challenges, so did not get this one done. Instead I went to dinner with my friend! :bigsmile:

I will make it up tomorrow.

Shelley
  • zumbaforever
    Day 4, 30 seconds completed on my lunch break. Very shaky today!

Lunch hour? Great idea. Right before lunch so I have something to look forward as a Reward.

Here is to all the shaking muscles I am reading about. :drinker:

Shelley
  • PaulaKro
    Paula,

I'll be waiting up for you to make sure you do your planks.

Chuck
    Chuck,

It is not "planks" tonight. It is only "plank" as in singular, i.e. no "s" on the end.

Why do I feel like a slacker when I did the challenge to the T and not even modified. (albeit barely...) Oh I know, it's because :smokin: Chris:smokin: is showing off again. And Kathy, Heddy and Bonnie Jo are all just as bad! I feel like such a weenie!

Steve, I'm with you. Are you feeling stronger yet? I'm not! These are killing me. Don't know if I'll be able to do tomorrow unmodified.

Oh, my shaking back. Glad you're enjoying it, Shelley! :sad: At least that makes one of us!

:yawn: Paula:yawn:
  • KAR1959
    KAR1959 Posts: 4,325 Member
    Busy day yesterday so I missed Day 4. Will make it up today with two sets. One this morning and one on my lunch hour.

Everyone is doing great...Stop whining Paula you can do this...shaky legs and all. :laugh: OMG I sound like Shelley:happy:

Congrats, Chris...60 seconds is quite an achievement! Woo hoo!:flowerforyou:

Chuck - 30 seconds...great job:smile:

Great day!
  • airdale8263
    airdale8263 Posts: 2,155 Member
    Day 5 - completed. It hurt!! Shaking like a big dog. Thankful tomorrow is a rest day.

Paula - No not feeling stronger, instead feeling sore.:laugh: :laugh: Agree with you --these are killing me

Mssheddy -- how you doing? I am sure you are just whipping these out no problem.
  • PaulaKro
    Everyone is doing great...Stop whining Paula you can do this...shaky legs and all. :laugh: OMG I sound like Shelley:happy
    You sure do. :grumble: Just what we need, a Shelley AND a Kathy! Next you'll be saying the *burp* word!

Steve, We're all in trouble now! :laugh:

Well, I'm not whining, but... Ow! :sad: For those of you who wonder, planks on elbows are much harder than planks on arms. Found out yesterday during a DVD workout (because Jillian Michaels also sounds like Kathy & Shelley), that I CAN get on my knees now.

So I tried a 5 second plank on my elbows. :angry: And I could. Then I tried 15 and kind-of could but my butt was sticking up, so not good. Then I tried a 40 second plank using arms, and No... 30 seconds is my limit.

So Day 5 done: 5 + 15 + 30.

Chuck, I got up early today. Get to wait for you this time. :smile:

Paula
  • KAR1959
    I got caught up by doing 2 sets of planks...one this morning and another at lunch time.

Day 4 & Day 5 - 2 sets - 90 sec each - Done

Paula I agree with you planks on elbows are harder...I will not call you a whiner anymore:smile:

Headed to do my JMBR...I will catch up today!
  • iRun_Butterfly
    Day 5 - completed. It hurt!! Shaking like a big dog. Thankful tomorrow is a rest day.

Paula - No not feeling stronger, instead feeling sore.:laugh: :laugh: Agree with you --these are killing me

Mssheddy -- how you doing? I am sure you are just whipping these out no problem.

Steve,
    Doing ok, sore too. Day 5 was pretty shaky today too.
  • iRun_Butterfly
    Day 5, 40 seconds complete. Am going to try for one more set this evening just for good measrure.
  • CRody44
    Day 5: 45 second plank, read it wrong. Paula, We went out to breakfast this morning so didn't get around to posting till now.
  • PaulaKro
    Paula I agree with you planks on elbows are harder...I will not call you a whiner anymore
    Kathy, you can call me a whiner. I seem to have this perverse affection for being bossed around by my friends. Just ask Chris or Shelley. :laugh: (speaking of which, where are those two?) And Johnny, I think he's off flirting somewhere. Well, he's always a flirt, but he's not doing it here...

So you excelled, Chuck, good job! Are you starting real time tomorrow, or do you still have some days banked?

Paula
  • CRody44
    Paula,

Doctor says tomorrow I may start exercising again. I can't believe that I miss it and am looking forward to tomorrow.
  • cpanus
    Okay...65 seconds today. Got my challenges done before my meeting. Things worked out!

Hope everyone has a good Thursday. Dentist tomorrow. :cry: :sad:

Chris
  • zumbaforever
    Busy day yesterday so I missed Day 4. Will make it up today with two sets. One this morning and one on my lunch hour.

Everyone is doing great...Stop whining Paula you can do this...shaky legs and all. :laugh: OMG I sound like Shelley:happy:

Congrats, Chris...60 seconds is quite an achievement! Woo hoo!:flowerforyou:

Chuck - 30 seconds...great job:smile:

Great day!

I must be slacking if you have to take up being me Kathy. :smokin: But if Paula was not whining about a little shaking you would not have had to fill my shoes. :laugh:

Paula my friend I am here! I was walking the boys, you know, they batted their brown eyes at me again. But that Johnny! Slacked. I will go boss him around for us. :grumble:

Steve and Mssheddy , it takes alot of planking to feel stronger. But you are both doing awesome. And planning works so much more than just abs.

And Chuck will be real time tomorrow! WOOHOO.

So looks like I have two days to make up tomorrow. :smokin: My baby boys were worth it. They were so excited. They ran and played, sniffed per mail's and just did what happy little dogs do. :laugh: I did get in another 45 minutes walking fast at work today.

Shelley
  • CRody44
    My doctor cleared me for exercise for today. I completed my Day 6 plank challenge. I rested.
  • KAR1959
    Day 6 - Rest Day - Yeah!!!

I will make this a cardio day. Going to the gym after work as it is raining in Georgia.
  • airdale8263
    airdale8263 Posts: 2,155 Member
    Yes today was suppose to be rest day but I was feeling froggy so I jumped .......I did two planks this morning after getting up, each for 20 seconds..what a feeling!!!

Hmmm maybe I should have rested:laugh: :laugh:

@KAR1959 -- raining here in FL also. Very heavy at times.
  • bonjojo
    bonjojo Posts: 114 Member
    Wait - what is this???? Planks on arms is easier than on elbows??? :noway: Really???

I'm gonna' have to get OFF my elbows then, because I don't know as I can do these on elbows much more. BLAH. Not on day 6 so do not have a rest day today (on day 17). Haven't done it today yet, but when I did my 2 minutes last evening I about died. :sad: And my butt was too high, too. When it goes up to 150 seconds I'm really going to die. I'll have to try it off the elbows.

Guess I need to get over here to the group more often, too, so I can get good tips like this!!

Keep up the good work, peoples! We can all be shaky and whiney together, that's what support is all about!!!

Bonnie Jo
  • cpanus
    Bonnie Jo - I do all my planks with straight arms...palms to the floor. I can't do elbow planks. They hurt my back.

REST DAY

Chris
  • zumbaforever
    My doctor cleared me for exercise for today. I completed my Day 6 plank challenge. I rested.

Really! Well tomorrow is not a rest day for you. Get ready to plank! :glasses:

Shelley
  • zumbaforever
    Steve that is the spirit, way to go. :drinker:

Bonnie Joe it is true, harder on forearms. If they get really hard you can drop down to your knees also. Just hang in as long as possible. :smooched:

Well I was behind, so I caught up today. Two 90 second sets. Lol

Shelley
  • PaulaKro
    Chuck, You're supposed to do multiple sets of resties! Otherwise they're too easy!

Steve, Sounds like you're taking to these planks like a duck to water. Which you and Kathy might have to do too if it keeps raining. At least it isn't ice anymore! (I hope!)

I also skipped the resties - didn't want to do hundreds when I could just do a 25 second plank instead! Besides I was afraid my arms would forget how to do them if they missed a day.

Bonnie Joe, my other secret is doing them on an incline. The higher, the easier (For instance, if you do them on a 90 degree angle, that is basically standing straight up, and I can do them for hours that way.) But I use the bottom step or two of a staircase for my hands.

H'lo & :heart: to my buds!

Paula
  • zumbaforever
    Chuck, You're supposed to do multiple sets of resties! Otherwise they're too easy!

Steve, Sounds like you're taking to these planks like a duck to water. Which you and Kathy might have to do too if it keeps raining. At least it isn't ice anymore! (I hope!)

I also skipped the resties - didn't want to do hundreds when I could just do a 25 second plank instead! Besides I was afraid my arms would forget how to do them if they missed a day.

Bonnie Joe, my other secret is doing them on an incline. The higher, the easier (For instance, if you do them on a 90 degree angle, that is basically standing straight up, and I can do them for hours that way.) But I use the bottom step or two of a staircase for my hands.

H'lo & :heart: to my buds!

Paula

Paula for shame, standing planks this week. :grumble: Counting incorrectly last week. :noway: Multiple resties! :ohwell: Really, I might send you to that other group and let you do their workout. :devil: Have I left anything out? Now I expect better from you tomorrow. Now start setting a better example. Ok, off to bed to try some of them multiple resties! :yawn: :yawn:

Shelley
  • CRody44
    Well I was behind, so I caught up today. Two 90 second sets. Lol

Shelley

WOW!
  • KAR1959
    Day 7 - 100 seconds

I'm not sure if I've done 100 seconds before...started shaking at 90 but held on. I've got to keep pace with Shelley. :wink:

I may try another set later...we will see...

Cardio at lunch.

Kathy
  • iRun_Butterfly
    Day 7-45 seconds done once this morning before leaving for work! Going to try for two more while home for lunch. Starting to feel it :happy:

How's it going Steve? Still planking away with me?