30 Day Plank Challenge

If you think this is too easy and want to push yourself further than you can complete each days exercises as many times as you wish. However remember it will get harder as the month progresses, so don’t over do it.

bac276e0-b9c8-42ce-98d8-b457567ed6c8_zps4670741e.png

Replies

• airdale8263
    airdale8263 Posts: 2,155 Member
    I was told about this at my fitness center.
    Was goingot do some this month just tofigure out how.

Pan is to do this for the month of March.....should really help my toning since I should be very close to my goal weight by March.

Okay looking for partner to help me.
  • crazie4lulu
    crazie4lulu Posts: 762 Member
    in for planks
  • crazie4lulu
    me and eaglefish are doing this one together!
  • zumbaforever
    zumbaforever Posts: 6,999 Member
    I am in for the planks also. I love multiple partners. All about support. So if you want to support me here I will support you also. Just do not quit on me. Planks are awesome for the core. :laugh:

Shelley
  • snowmaniac
    snowmaniac Posts: 600 Member
    I think I can fit this one in starting on the 1st.
  • JohnnyResets
    JohnnyResets Posts: 177 Member
    In for the planking!!
  • crazie4lulu
    eaglefish and i are altering this... we are gonna start with 2 minute planks. working our way up to hopefully 10
  • zumbaforever
    I am starting on the first also. I also will modify slightly. I normally do 60-90 second planks. So I will start somewhere around there. But if you do not normally do planks you should start with day one.

Eaglefish & Crazie4lulu, I sure will cheer you two on. Hey Johnny, glad to see you here. I am so looking forward to doing this with you. :drinker:

Shelley
  • PaulaKro
    PaulaKro Posts: 5,760 Member
    I can't do really hard planks (yet) which is probably why I like mine. (Either that or I'm a little loopy...) But this sounds Fun! :laugh: I'm in!

Bowler952, you sound like a beginner? I am too. Would you like to partner? I do modified incline planks and break them into sets. I use the bottom step of the stairs for the incline. YouTube is a great place to look them up to get good form.

Paula
  • cpanus
    cpanus Posts: 19,792 Member
    I'm in for planks!

Chris
  • JohnnyResets
    JohnnyResets Posts: 177 Member
    I'm gonna try with Lynette then. I'm at 2:00 too, at least I was LOL! So I'll try that and go up from there. And Shelley! I'm watching you too!!
  • zumbaforever
    in for planks.. my original contender deacto.. anyone want to challenge me.. im dying at 1 min 15 seconds. lol.. HELP

Lishlash, I will challenge you. I struggle some days at one, but I can usually stay in for 2 minutes. So catch me, I know you can! :laugh:

Chris, glad to see you and Paula are here also.

Starting on the first. I will do the schedule as is, only do more of each on the easy days. :P

Shelley
  • CRody44
    CRody44 Posts: 776 Member
    Ill give this a try. If you can't complete them all in one plank, can you do several sets to accomplish the minutes?.
  • PaulaKro
    Ill give this a try. If you can't complete them all in one plank, can you do several sets to accomplish the minutes?.
    That's what I do Chuck! Want to partner with me too? Beginner's club. We can worship the pros together. :laugh:
  • CRody44
    @PaulaKro,

I would love to partner up with you. Since I’m having surgery Thursday and can’t exercise until the 6th, I’ll do March 1st through the 5th today and tomorrow.

@Zumbaforever,

Is that a Mandarin Goby tucked away in the hole under the coral?
    Chuck
  • zumbaforever
    @PaulaKro,

I would love to partner up with you. Since I’m having surgery Thursday and can’t exercise until the 6th, I’ll do March 1st through the 5th today and tomorrow.

@Zumbaforever,

Is that a Mandarin Goby tucked away in the hole under the coral?
    Chuck

Lol, Chuck. Paula just messaged me and said you recognized my little Draco. Yes he is a Blue Mandarin Dragonette. I have had him almost two years now. He is rather fat. :laugh: And since you recognized him, you know that is not easy to accomplish. Draco is fun to watch. I have a premium snowflake clownfish that attacks me constantly when I am cleaning the glass. He cracks me up. The female never bothers me. So where did you learn about Mandarins?

Shelley
  • CRody44
    Shelley,

I had a reef aquarium for about 10 years. The Mandarin was one of my favorites. I had two Percula Clowns that lived in a huge anchor coral. I had to take my ring off whenever I cleaned the tank because they would attack me. I had a clam that I raised from about 4” to 9”. We moved and didn’t have room for the tank so I gave everything away. It killed me to give away about 60 pounds of pink coralline rock.

Chuck
  • zumbaforever
    Chuck we have been thinking of getting a larger tank. But not sure where we would put one. At present we have a 65 gallon red sea max. There is no refugium with this tank. So I must constantly be ordering copepods for Draco. Or take a day trip to Fort Collins CO. to pick them up. Biggest mistake I have made is getting this little shrimp, named him bulldozer. Dozer for short. He has caused rock slides literally. We bought him for a little yellow goby we had. Poor little guy was not doing good. Well they live happily ever after. But never again. They make it their personal challenge to rearrange the sand and shells every morning. You never know where they will come out from under my rock every morning.

I sure hope whoever inherited your aquarium took great care of everything. I would have a hard time parting with mine. I get to attached. These two are Jack and Jill. I wear gloves when cleaning. Lol. And the coral still sting me at times!

So what kind of surgery are you having?

Shelley
  • KAR1959
    KAR1959 Posts: 4,325 Member
    Hello everyone. I'm in for planks. I started doing them in January in an abs challenge and I want to keep them going. I really need to continue to strengthen my core and I'm curious to see how far I can take this...especially at my weight. My max has been 100 secs but I usually average 60 to 90 sec.

Shelley I expect you to push me as you always do. :smile:
  • zumbaforever
    Kathy you got it. I know we will be doing two minute one before long. Should help with that tennis game! I was hoping you would join planks. It is your favorite poison! :laugh:

Shelley
  • zumbaforever
    I'm gonna try with Lynette then. I'm at 2:00 too, at least I was LOL! So I'll try that and go up from there. And Shelley! I'm watching you too!!

Lol, I sure hope you are. Let's work towards a five minute plank. We can do this. :smooched:

Shelley
  • cpanus
    cpanus Posts: 19,792 Member

Lol, I sure hope you are. Let's work towards a five minute plank. We can do this. :smooched:

Shelley

You are talking about five - one-minute planks here...right? I can break 300 seconds up a number of very imaginative ways, you know I can. :tongue:

Okay, fine...:grumble:

Chris
  • CRody44
    Shelley

I gave my animals and rock to one of my son’s friends Dad. I get to check them out now and then. I think most if not all of the originals are probably gone, that was seven years ago. Those are beautiful Clowns in your avatar. My girls helped me name ours, Clowny and Perkie.

I’m having cataract surgery on my left eye. I had the right one done last month. Doc says to do nothing strenuous for a week or I might pop the lens out.

Chuck
  • KAR1959
    Kathy you got it. I know we will be doing two minute one before long. Should help with that tennis game! I was hoping you would join planks. It is your favorite poison! :laugh:

Shelley

My favorite...I don't know but that's what you keep telling me:smile: sooner or later I will begin to believe it:laugh: Two minute plank here I come.
  • zumbaforever
    Kathy and Chris this is going to be fun. Let's push ourselves to do nothing but sweat while not moving! :)

Chuck yes easy as we go. Popping a sense would be bad. But good news, you can plank with your eyes closed after the healing time is up just in case. :)

Shelley
  • PaulaKro
    Days 1-9 total 290 seconds. Day 30 is 300 seconds all by it's little bitty self...
  • KAR1959
    Days 1-9 total 290 seconds. Day 30 is 300 seconds all by it's little bitty self...

You can do it...you can do it...
  • CRody44
    @Paula,

One day at a time.

Chuck
  • airdale8263
    airdale8263 Posts: 2,155 Member

Hey Paula - -remember we are the"rookies"...:laugh: :laugh:

Partner you may be able to do the days 1-9 but I am concerned about DAY 1:laugh: :laugh:

March 1st huh??
  • PaulaKro
    Partner you may be able to do the days 1-9 but I am concerned about DAY 1:laugh: :laugh:

March 1st huh??
    Yep! We're gonna rock it!