Introductions

Options

Replies

• nan199678
    nan199678 Posts: 140
    Options
    Hi Mommas! I'm a 35yo mother of 2. 3 months & 2 year old little girls. I stay home w them & am getting back to doing daycare from home. I have lost 34 pounds but still have a ways to go. I'm 186 & my first long term goal is to 150. Then to 114-120. I've been trying to focus on 10pounds at a time to keep myself encouraged. My most recent achievement has been actually making time to exercise a priority. I've been w MFP for probably close to 2years with a logging streak of over 1 year! I was successful in maintaining my already overweight size during my pregnancy. I think I gained 16 pounds give or take a pound or 2. That was a pretty huge victory for me & I believe it helped me have a very happy VBAC! I am currently breastfeeding. My husband is supportive of my journey where he tries to get any foods I ask for. And being a little more mindful of how he prepares our family food. I do not exercise in front of him Or anyone. It's always been a no go for me. I've lost all this weight before & gained it all back after 5+years. So I'm looking for some active support/encouragement like I had during pregnancy. It helped a lot! :-) please feel free to add me!
  • timetravelforfitness
    timetravelforfitness Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm a 35 yo SAHM of a 5.5 yo boy and a 3 yo girl (who I swear is really a Dalek). I could really use some encouragement in finding time to take care of myself. I've been losing weight due to diet shift since the beginning of this year, but I know that without working out and really paying attention to my lifestyle, I will either be just as unhealthy, if thin, or gain it all back.
  • rwiersema
    rwiersema Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    :embarassed: :frown: Hi all,
    Just joined the group for support. I'm a mom of a 16 year old girl (stressing) and a 13 year old boy. I am married and have always on and off watched what I ate and exercised. I've also always sabatoged myself when doing well. Instead of fighting back with more exercise I blow it! and have to begin at square one again. Any one have any suggestions of how to forgive yourself and get back on the horse? Feeling embarassed every time it happens. Every time someone comments on others success I'm like "heeeyyyyy, what about me? But I obviously haven't done much to make anyone notice?!" Im frustrated with myself.
  • rwiersema
    rwiersema Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Morning,
    i am trying to lose as well and one of things that I know will work for me - I just need to stick to it. Is working out in the morning. It sets my day in such a positive way - some days are harder than others, but even if I didn't give it my all I still got up and did something which automatically switches my day is a better place. Even if you only committ to 1/2 hour a day. I started by setting my alarm a few months ago for an hour earlier so when the new came it wasn't hard to get up - it was pretty easy. My problem is with stress whether it's work or personal.
  • im_all_in
    im_all_in Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    LOL...my jaw hit the floor when my doctor 'lovingly' referred to me as an advanced age pregnacy! What is that all about?
  • kscott224
    Options
    Hey ladies! 24 year old mom to two girls (16 months and 3 months old) I've always been a big girl, and I'm tired of it. I'm working on making that change and just 1 week in to my weightless journey I've lost 5 pounds and 4% body fat! Looking for motivational friends so if you're wanting someone to chat with and share your progress with add me! My family and friends are getting tired of hearing about it, lol.
  • im_all_in
    Options
    Hi, I'm a mother of two beautiful girls, ages 12 and almost 4 years old. My husband is my best friend and we love to make each other laugh! I joined mfp on Dec. 30/13 (I think) and began my journey on the 1st of January. I was off to a slow start as things got busy around here and then my computer died and I had to buy a new one. Now I also bought the iPhone so mfp is always at my fingertips even if my 'puter gets sick! I try to eat clean (it's not always easy) and I wear a Body Media Core armband to keep me aware of how little I do in a day. Kicked my worst habit of not eating breakfast 'til noon, now I make sure I eat as soon as I get up in the morning....now I'm working on water. Why is the water thing so hard? I'm going to download an app for that on my phone tonight! I love my mfp friends and look forward to making some new ones via this group!

Today, spent the whole afternoon at the clinic to get antibiotics for sinus infection. On the upside, today I fit into a size 8 for the first time in 3 years! Woohooo! Keep going! Good Luck!
  • im_all_in
    Options
    Hi all! Married with 5 children!! Guess being what the doctors so lovingly called "advanced maternal age" has kind of been a factor in the baby weight not dropping off like it used to. And I will admit that sometimes my diet was less (much, much less) than perfect! So here I am with a clear goal!!! To lose at least 20 lbs. Good luck to us all on our journey to fit!!!! Here's to two-piece bikinis and good health!

I tried to respond to this but forgot to quote you! LOL

My last pregnancy fell into 'advanced maternal age' category also! I think when my OB said it to me I actually turned around and looked behind me to see who the heck he was talking to...because surely it couldn't have been me! LOL
  • RoastyToasty
    RoastyToasty Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Hi moms! I'm a full time working mom of one spunky 2 year old girl. She keeps me busy!

I joined MFP a while ago but never followed through. I was able to drop all but the last ten pounds of baby weight. The pounds aren't really even my concern, it's where they are sitting! Pregnancy definitely took its toll on my tummy, buns, and thighs. My real goal is to tone up again and drop a pant size. We are hoping to try for #2 in the next year and I would love to be in a healthier place for this pregnancy. I had hyperemesis gravidarum with my daughter, so I ate whatever sounded good and would stay down. It usually wasn't healthy, lol.

Working full time with a toddler makes it easy to fall into the chicken nugget and Mac n cheese trap. My first changes have been with family meals and my own portions. So far the kiddo hasn't complained, knock on wood!
  • Cheeky_and_Geeky
    Cheeky_and_Geeky Posts: 984 Member
    Options
    Hello fellow moms! I don't remember if I've posted yet but here goes...

My name is Alex, I'm 5'1", a 25 year old SAHM of an almost 3 year old girl. We're going to start trying for our second & last baby this year. I workout every day at home. I log everyday religiously & support my friends. I've been on here since July 2013 & have lost over 50lbs. I've been a yo yo & fad dieter my whole life. This time I've lost weight slowly & healthy.

Feel free to add me!
  • trish3693
    trish3693 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Hello all! I'm Trish. I took a long 'break' from MFP for some reason. : / I'm a mommy to a beautiful boy, he's 4. I also have three grown children in there 20's! We planned my youngest. I'm also type 1 diabetic & I am hoping to meet others that have fitness/weight loss goals. I have always worked out & taken care of myself, but since the type 1 diagnosis 2 years ago I have gained 35 pounds!! I'm ready to start again with a positive attitude!! Feel free to add me. :)
  • __aqui
    __aqui Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hello!

My name is Alexis. I am a new mom to a 4 month old baby boy and I'm finally ready to get back in the saddle again.

I'd love to have some encouragement on this journey to health, particularly with those who have the same mindset as me. I aim to lose some pounds and feel good in my clothes, but ultimately, after years of losing and gaining and losing and gaining, I want to develop a healthy relationship with my body. I want to focus on health, not obsessive calorie counting (just being mindful). I am still going to eat ice cream sometimes.

I appreciate all that my body has done for me. I want to be a good role model for my child.

If this sounds like you, please add me!
  • Questofachunkymommy
    Options
    Hello Everyone,
    I'm a mother to 3 daughters and I am on a mission to loose 104 lbs. I am down 10. Thanks for letting me join the group and feel free to ADD me!
  • kpmegan10
    kpmegan10 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Wow. Amazing stories on here - I look forward to motivation by other mommies trying to squeeze the time in. I worked out in my living room yesterday while naked 22 month old (trying to potty train) ran all around my legs and my 3 year old did her version of jump rope in place - which means everywhere including on my feet and directly behind me. Having kids is amazing and fun but gets awful tricky when trying to make time for yourself. Excited to get back to working out again!
  • tackmurphey
    Options
    I am married and have 2 wonderful children, a son that is 11 & a daughter that’s 9. I had always been thin and in shape for most of my adult life (prior to having children). I was diagnosed with gestations diabetes during my second pregnancy and gained over 50lbs. Needless to say I still haven’t been able to shed all of that extra weight. I want/need to do this not only for myself but to be that positive example for children.
  • rayjen2
    rayjen2 Posts: 1
    Options
    HI ladies my name is Jen I have been overweight for a few years now. I went from weighing 98 pounds my first pregnancy to 210 at my last pregnancy. I have 3 children 2 girls and 1 boy and I am a stay at home mom. My "baby" will be 5 in May and i gained all my weight back after i had him. I am coming up to a pivotal point in my life for the first time since I have had children i will be alone for a few hours a day as in August my son will start kinder. I have quickly realized I no longer know what I enjoy or like besides cleaning up and making meals for my family, everyone keeps asking me what I plan on doing with myself so I decided well what better then to get healthy mind and body.Good luck to everyone on their journey.
  • type2run
    type2run Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone :) I'm not a newbie to MFP, my friend introduced it to me before I got married & it worked like a dream! So of course, I'm back after having our first child. Our daughter is only 9 weeks old and I'm ready to get back into shape. I tipped the scales at 223 lbs during my last trimester & also struggled with hypertension and gestational diabetes. Unfortunately, I now have diabetes and my doctor says that I need to get my weight under control before we can try to conceive again. Just looking for a group that can keep me on track and motivated & I promise to do the same! :)

Also, I'm trying to get back into running once the weather let's up over here, so maybe there's a few runners out there too that can share some tips on how to bring the little one with you :)

Good luck mommies!
  • MrsBAT
    MrsBAT Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! I'm currently a SAHM, and homeschooling our 5 year old. When I got pregnant, I was around 130lb. I gained quite a lot of weight while pregnant (delivery day weight was 170lb), but within about 6 weeks, I was back down to between 140-145lb. Then, after I got the worst birth control ever (from my experience) which caused all sorts of horrible problems, I gained all the weight back in less than three weeks. Then I gained an additional 10lb over the next few months, while I was still working out and eating well. After that mess was taken care of, I managed to get back down to about 160lb, which was my weight when I joined MFP. I had a few minor injuries over the past few years that set me back a lot while trying to get into a good routine, and I got discouraged and left MFP for about a year. Now I'm back, determined to make a permanent change this time, hovering around 154lb and I want to get back to around 130lb. I don't care about the weight loss very much any more, I just want to make a healthy change, and I think that's what will keep me going this time.

If anyone would like to add me, please feel free to :)
  • lesleed
    lesleed Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Can I join? I am a 36 year old mom to 4 kids. I have an 11yr old girl, 10yr old boy, 5 yr old girl and 3yr old boy. Until about a month ago my motivation was severely lacking. After my last baby I wanted to get back in shape, but just couldn't get motivated! I am in a good place right now, but I just want to keep it going. Every day is a challenge to get up and workout before the kids get up. Plus my oldest two are homeschooled, so I feel like I am constantly surrounded by their food and snacks. Could use some support and camaraderie!
  • Hi to all! I'm a sahm to two beautiful children and A police wife. I am wanting to lose 40 pounds and get into shape! I want to get my mind turned towards healthy foods and off the sugars. I can use any and all support! Add me as a friend and we can help each other! :D