30 Day Plank Challenge

Options

Replies

• KAR1959
    KAR1959 Posts: 4,252 Member
    Options
    Still playing catch up.

Day 16 - 90 seconds this morning

Day 17 - 90 seconds after tennis practice...whew!!!

Then I tried the straight arms to elbows. I remember this from Body Revolution. I could only do about 10 seconds. I know what I need to work on. :smile:

I will get caught up tomorrow with Day 18 & 19.
  • cpanus
    cpanus Posts: 19,370 Member
    Options
    Sorry, guys. This week is not turning out quite right. Yesterday was my normal REST DAY but turned out the kids wanted to celebrate St. Paddy's Day...we had Mexican food! The things I was supposed to do last night, I had to do tonight. We did get in an hour walk with Bean but that was all. :love: The rest of the week is a jumbled mess. :grumble:

Must get ready for work tomorrow.

Chris
  • airdale8263
    airdale8263 Posts: 2,155 Member
    Options
    Even thuogh today is a rest day..me being that glutton (got the spelleing right this time:laugh: :laugh: -- even though I am intolerant of pain) for punishment., I did plank this morning....just to see how long I could go.
    Started on elbows for 90 seconds and lifted up to straight arm, lasted beyond the 150 mark was just shy of 170 mark.

There is a possibilty I may be able to do the 180 mark when that arrives (not wanting to arrive any too soon:laugh: :laugh: )

I would be lying if I told you this was easy and not hurting.....I am hurting and it is not easy but the benifits out-weigh the pain. My back feels so much better since I started this challenge.
  • CRody44
    CRody44 Posts: 776 Member
    Options
    Day 19 – Plank Challenge: 4 sets of 60 second full planks.

Day 19 – No Impact Challenge: Done.

Plus I added 2 sets of 100 stability ball crunches to strengthen the core.
  • KAR1959
    KAR1959 Posts: 4,252 Member
    Options
    Day 18 - 100 second plank

Took the rest of the day off...I needed it!

Good job everyone!
  • zumbaforever
    zumbaforever Posts: 6,877 Member
    Options
    You guys are doing fantastic. Gals, we are going to have to put on our A game. Lol

I only did a minute today. It was a strange plank. You start in forearm plank position. Then roll your hip toward the carpet/mat, until your hip lightly taps. Then reverse direction and tap the opposite hip on the mat. Keeping forearms on the ground, continue for one minute. Give it a try! :drinker:

Shelley
  • cpanus
    Options
    Ahhh...maybe tomorrow...oh, wait, I have a dentist appointment tomorrow...hmmmm...hip to carpet will have to wait until a braver day!

I did however get 150 seconds done today in ONE STRAIGHT ARM PLANK!!!!!!!!! the result -->:sad: but I did it! remained on the floor in a zig zag position for another 150 seconds!!:laugh: Not really.:bigsmile:

Hope everyone is having a blast!

Chris
  • PaulaKro
    PaulaKro Posts: 5,693 Member
    Options
    roll your hip toward the carpet/mat, until your hip lightly taps. Then reverse direction and tap the opposite hip on the mat. Keeping forearms on the ground, continue for one minute. Give it a try! :drinker: Shelley
    Yeah... No. :noway:

Caught up Day 18 today. (Yesterday was a wash.) 150 seconds. broken into 60 60 and 30 and modified.

Chuck, nice to see you're feeling better!

Paula
  • airdale8263
    Options
    Day 20 - completed -- started on elbows for 90 seconds, pushed to straight arm for final 60 seconds. Felt great!!!

Plan to do another this evening. Even may try to get the 180 mark. 90 elbows / 90 straight arm.
  • bonjojo
    bonjojo Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    Hello all!

Well, I was SUPPOSED to be on Day 29 two days ago, but have done none the last two days. Combination of work and evening meetings turned them into 2 rest days. So this morning I did Day 29 - 270 seconds!!! First one straight arm with switch-ups to side planks. Got the kids off to school then did the second on elbows, again with switch-ups to side planks. I tell you, if I didn't switch to side I would not make it through these.

Shelley, I'll have to try the hip roll tomorrow when I attempt the big 300. :love:

Really Paula, variations make it easier!!! :ohwell:

Then I did the leg workout from my Daily Workout App, and I'll do my walk (with intervals of running) over my lunch hour. We have some sun today and they are saying the wind might go down a little (please please please less wind!). :happy:

Keep up the good work peoples!

Bonnie Jo
  • iRun_Butterfly
    iRun_Butterfly Posts: 483 Member
    Options
    Day 20 done...wow, broke out in a sweat on that one!
  • CRody44
    Options
    Day 20: 2-60 second planks. Maybe I'll do more tonight, then maybe I won't.
  • zumbaforever
    zumbaforever Posts: 6,877 Member
    Options
    Bonnie Jo, it does help to vary it. I agree with Paula. I did a five minute plank once, I went from forearms to side planks the whole time. Let me rest a shoulder now and then.

Shelley
  • PaulaKro
    PaulaKro Posts: 5,693 Member
    Options
    It's the difficulty levels that I have a problem with. :tongue: All you folks are blowing me out of the water! A friend once said, beginners should find their level and stick with it. My level this month is modified. :ohwell:

I'm going to do some modified planks and then fall asleep. :yawn: Very long, but nice, day.

Sweet dreams to all...
    Paula
  • airdale8263
    Options
    Day 21 - completed 150 seconds 90 seonds elbows push to straight arm for final 60 seconds.
  • airdale8263
    Options
    The above entry will be my last. Dropping from challenge and group.
  • CRody44
    Options
    Day 21: 3 X 60 seconds
  • bonjojo
    bonjojo Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    Day 30 - 300 seconds - done! :bigsmile: Whew!

There is NO POSSIBLE WAY I could do this straight with no variation. I hold for 1 minute, then switch to right side 15 seconds, left side 15 seconds, hold straight for 30 s and repeat. When I started this challenge I timed an on-elbows no-variation plank and made it to 90 seconds, so that is where I jumped into the challenge (and why I'm on day 30). Now I should time the same and see how much past 90s I can actually hold one. I guarantee it is NOT 300s. :noway:

Even so, I'm sure it is longer than 90 now. Progress has been made and so I declare the challenge a success! :drinker: :drinker:

I'll continue to visit the group and see how all of you powerful plankers are doing. Keep up the great work! :love:

Bonnie Jo
  • CRody44
    Options
    Great job, Bonnie Jo. I wish I were done!

Chuck
  • cpanus
    Options
    Can't do planks until Monday...doctors orders. :grumble: I did however walk a total of 10.36 miles and a total of 20,286 steps. :bigsmile:

Chris