Talking Dead: Team Carl

Options

Replies

• nisijam5
    nisijam5 Posts: 10,390 Member
    Options
    I am so sorry for not posting more on the thread.

Yesterday was my Anniversary and I am now officially married longer than I have been single. LOL. I also took the kids to a water park at WI Dells and it has thrown me off "official exercise" especially when it's a 3 hour car ride each way. Then, you want to snack while traveling. I haven't run since last Tuesday but have counted my work as exercise but its not what I like to do.

I really need to get eating under control. Its really the crux of the problem right now.

Kasi, I know the feeling all too well of trying not to break your rhythm.
  • Aprilstar480
    Aprilstar480 Posts: 2,910 Member
    Options
    Eating right is sooooo hard!!! I don't feel like I eat the wrong foods, just too much snacking. Last week I tried to reboot my system a little and i think it helped. I made a menu that kept me within healthy ranges and ate that for 5 days (the weekend came and ruined it). Just having defined meals really makes a difference for me. I tend to skip breakfast, snack for lunch, then eat everything in site while I cook dinner:noway: :

So, my goal since the beginning of the year has been to get down into the 150's before I go on vacation and I think I might actually get there! I'm one of those crazy people that weighs themselves everyday and I've been at 161.2 for the last two daysbigsmile I can definately lose at least 2lbs in the next 11 days for sure!!! 158 will put me at my 10lb mark for the year also so I'm unbelievably happy right now!!
  • Zombieinkpot
    Zombieinkpot Posts: 745 Member
    Options
    That's brilliant, Kasi! You will definitely be in the 150's by your vacation! You are doing awesome! :drinker:
  • nisijam5
    Options
    Kasi, I agree!!

I just want everyone to know that I am going to withdraw from this contest even tho I have loved being a part of this team. I am trying to get this house ready for sale and shop for a new one. I am pulled in so many directions at this point, I have to consolidate my efforts. I will check in periodically - but, I don't want my scores to count because I hold the team back every week.
  • Aprilstar480
    Options
    Well crap! We will miss you Kim. I started this challenge and joined this team Carl cause you suggested it. I really enjoyed FINALLY being on a team with you. I love how supportive and encouraging you are:flowerforyou: You go ahead and take care of what you need to and I will check in with you April 1st for your next Fit n Trim Challenge.

How's everyone else doing? Did we lose Queenbee also? I wonder if the other teams have dwindled as much as we have:huh:
  • Zombieinkpot
    Options
    Oh no, Kim, I'm sorry to see you go. I understand why you're leaving, but we'll miss you. Good luck with selling your house and finding a new one, and please do keep dropping in and letting us know how you're doing. Once a member of team Carl, always a member of team Carl! :flowerforyou:

So it looks like it's just Kasi, Kat and me left. Bridget, are you still out there?

We should really kill it the next two weeks and get team Carl to the top of the leaderboard. With so few of us left, if we work hard, we should get great points! We are doing really well as it is.

I think the other teams have lost a lot of team mates too, Kasi.

So, how is the week going for everyone? It was really hard to get my workouts in this week because of St. Patrick's Day on Monday (I'm Irish!) but I am going to count the beginning of the week as the 'me' time that we had to have this week. I'll be in beast mode until Saturday so that I hit all my goals. :smile:
  • katrkels11
    katrkels11 Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    Hey everybody, I am still here I have just had a few crazy busy weeks between work and school. Hopefully for the next two weeks everything will have calmed down so I can get back in the groove. I was down about 5 lbs but I have gained them all back with the stress I have been in. :grumble: Time to really kick it into gear again!
  • xqueenbee24x
    xqueenbee24x Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    Hi guys, sorry I was away for so long, I am still fighting this cold (its been about two weeks now) and I have been finding it more difficult to keep up with the challenge.
    I would love to continue to try to stick with it if you guys want. I know you have all been working so hard and I feel like I let our team down.

I did fill in my numbers for the week and am going to go back and catch up on what I have missed.
    Hope everyone is doing well!!!
  • Aprilstar480
    Options
    Yay.... Glad your back!!!
  • Zombieinkpot
    Options
    I'm sorry to hear you've been unwell, Bridget. Yes, of course we want you to stay on team Carl! :drinker: Don't worry about getting your goals done, just let us know what you need and I'm sure we'll be able to cover for you.

Only two weeks left, team! I was really tired the last couple of weeks, but I'm ready to make these last few days of the challenge awesome! :happy:
  • Cindyinpg
    Cindyinpg Posts: 3,902 Member
    Options
    New leader board, recap and challenge are up. I still have to count this weeks kills, but that gives me an excuse to rewatch it tonight.
  • Aprilstar480
    Options
    We have two weeks left? Granted I was pretty tired last night but I could have sworn they were saying season finally next week.... i could be wrong.

Great job holding the MVP spot for so long Zombie!!! I've been trying to beat you but your just a rockstar!
  • Cindyinpg
    Options
    Tyreese and Sasha already chose a punishment exercise: 

Inchworm: Stand up tall with the legs straight, and do like Lil’ Jon and let those fingertips hit the floor. Keeping the legs straight (but not locked!), slowly lower the torso toward the floor, and then walk the hands forward. Once in a push-up position, start taking tiny steps so the feet meet the hands. Continue bugging out for 4-6 reps. 

Do 3 days this week.

Video here: 
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yr-HHgxXTqg&feature=youtube_gdata_player
  • Cindyinpg
    Options
    We have two weeks left? Granted I was pretty tired last night but I could have sworn they were saying season finally next week.... i could be wrong.

Great job holding the MVP spot for so long Zombie!!! I've been trying to beat you but your just a rockstar!
    It is the finale next week. Our challenge weeks start on Sunday, so we'll watch the show, do the challenge for one last week and then say our goodbyes. :sad: Until October anyway.
  • nisijam5
    Options
    Hi everyone - just popping in to say Hi :flowerforyou:

I did 2.5 miles straight on the treadmill today without stopping which I felt was pretty good since it's been nearly 2 weeks since I ran last. My next goal will be 3 miles.

I do miss posting my goals with everyone so I think I will still do that but not count the totals.
  • katrkels11
    katrkels11 Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    Hey everybody, I'm planning on doing the 30ds level 1 tonight with a 20-25 minute kickboxing workout too. Need to get back on track!
  • Zombieinkpot
    Options
    Thanks Kasi :flowerforyou:

The 30ds is great, Kat! Let us know how it goes.

I'm glad you're still posting, Kim. You should keep posting your goals. I am so impressed at you running 2.5 miles without a break. You'll be running 3 in no time!

Oh my gosh, Cindy, are team Tyreese and Sasha trying to kill us? I loved the planks last week - can't we have more of them? Or squats? :laugh:

We did really well last week team. We scored a perfect 3 and we were only second to the teams who had kills. Team Carl is awesome! :drinker: :drinker:
  • Zombieinkpot
    Options
    Ok, I did 4 reps of the inchworm today. I do not like it! Bring back the planks!

What doesn't kill us makes us stronger, no? :laugh:

I set up a gym in the old dining room of my house. It took me ages to clear it out. It isn't finished yet, but I've enough space to do my exercises in it. I love it! It is so much fun working out in it. I'm dog sitting at the weekend, so I want to meet all my goals by Friday.

How is everyone else doing? Don't forget, we've 240 minutes of cardio this week.

Go team Carl! :drinker:
  • Aprilstar480
    Options
    I didn't mind the inchworm thing. My kids thought i was a little crazy when they caught me "bugging out" in my room though:laugh:

I will be in Vegas for our last week. I won't have a computer so I'll have to check in with my husbands phone. I'm doing a couple of other challenges that require weigh-in on Friday so I will probably just send my info to Cindy then and if I have anything extra she can distribute it where needed. Or actually, I will send it to Zombieinkspot so that Cindy doesn't have extra work if that's okay with everyone.

I'm headed to the gym here in a few... Gotta get some reps done:bigsmile:
  • Zombieinkpot
    Options
    Yup, Kasi, send the info on to me and I'll make sure it gets distributed.

I hope you have a great time in Vegas. :flowerforyou: