Chat thread

Options

Replies

• Leadfoot_Lewis
    Leadfoot_Lewis Posts: 1,623 Member
    Options
    Here is a great blog that I think many of us can relate to.

http://www.soheefit.com/30-signs-youre-a-fitness-chick/

That's GREAT! Thanks for posting.
  • hananah89
    hananah89 Posts: 692 Member
    Options

love it!

And nice one cruisin! I keep losing inches and not pounds as well (because I'm terrible at keeping my intake in check) so at least I can look smaller even if I weight the same. damn scale!
  • SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    Options

lololol IM DYING!!! I don't know why I find this so funny

I so added this blog to my favs...
  • jcdoerr
    jcdoerr Posts: 172 Member
    Options

Thank you for this! Totally brought a smile to my face today!

Great loss on the inches too _cruisinscrapper! :drinker:
  • SezxyStef
    Options
    wow it's friday and I feel blahhhhhhhh

I am sitting here at 3pm today waiting on my husband to get home as he wants to workout today and I want a spotter for my bench as I am suppose to go to 120 today...

I told him I might deload today as I am not "feeling" well...

I am not sick just blah...

Got up late (worked from home) and got busy this morning and didn't get my planned breakfast of bacon and eggs with hashbrowns and toast...instead ate my cereal and toast at lunch.

Had to deal with man child yesterday....drained me emotionally...and again today...

Forced myself to do my HIIT last night and felt better for about 20mins after then hit a wall...

and then this morning I had "issues" with some bodily function that sapped me totally as well...(hopefully that isn't tmi)

So as I sit and type this I debat on going to 180 on my squats or staying at 175...or even going down to 160...

Husband is working tonight so it will be a restful night for me I hope with some pasta and shrimp for supper and 2 days off so hopefully on Monday this feeling will go away by then...

Stay tuned my workout check in will tell the tale....gotta go get some food Im starved.
  • viglet
    viglet Posts: 299 Member
    Options
    wow it's friday and I feel blahhhhhhhh

Sounds like you had just one of those days. I hate those days, happens once in a while. Worse when it is on a Friday though.

Hope your Saturday is better!!
  • SezxyStef
    Options
    wow our chat thread got buried...

Anyway funny story for you ladies...

My son (aka man child) is a welder and he has his own MIG welder...he keeps it in the basement..he needed it yesterday to help my brother fix the skidoo...well he brought it up stairs amongst these grunts groans and curses about it being heavy..

He sets it down in the kitche to go unlock his trunck etc and calls to me .."Hey Mom..since you are so "strong" (note sarcasm) why don't you carry out my welder for me while I get the truck ready..."

I'm like 'okay':grumble: thinking crap this is gonna hurt...

I grab it and woosh off the floor it goes..and Im like **** this isn't heavy...

I took it out to him and he's like "Heavy isn't it...haha"...I told him no it wasn't that bad...he gets a bit sheepish and says yah not really just hard on the hands I guess...whatever...:bigsmile:

Mind you he's the kid that says I am built like a brick *kitten* house and people shouldn't mess with me as well...

Guess he's not used to me being strong again...hahaha..

On another note...do you guys ever feel a twinge in a muscle after doing something and think...

"This better not affect my lifts gd it"

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

First thought isn't ouch that hurt or I hope I didn't hurt myself it's about the lifting
  • lwoodroff
    lwoodroff Posts: 1,431 Member
    Options
    Lol at manchild. Re tweaks and twinges, lifting is all I care about! This darn tendonitis.. I lifted a pan with soup in this evening and it was painful. Grrrrrr.
  • fisherlassie
    fisherlassie Posts: 542 Member
    Options
    Absolutely Stef, it is all about the lifting. I hope you are feeling better today. I'm having the blah day today. I haven't gotten any endorphins today. That may be the problem.
  • fisherlassie
    fisherlassie Posts: 542 Member
    Options
    I've been really pissed at myself, because I can't seem to get back on track with my eating and logging. My meals haven't been bad, just my raging sweet tooth! My weight has gone up about 2 lbs, give or take, since January. Not bad, but not good.

Tuesday, when I put on my pants for work, they didn't have that "just washed, fresh out of the dryer" tightness they normally have. I put on a pair of shorts after work (yay for warmer weather!) and they were definitely looser than a couple of weeks ago. This morning, I decided to take my measurements, and I'm glad I did!

Natural waist -1.5
    Belly button -1.25
    Under bra -.5
    Hips -.25

More proof the scale is a lying P.O.S. (to quote jstout)! Why can't I stay off the stupid thing? I'd hide it, but I know DH won't let me. He's lost 35-40 lbs over the last year and weighs every morning. I need to start ignoring it's calls for me to step on it!

Doing the happy dance!!! :bigsmile:

I'm doing a happy dance for you too!! Keep up the great work!
  • hananah89
    hananah89 Posts: 692 Member
    Options
    I need to get back on track with eating. And working out. I've cut down lifting and running because I've been so busy (making excuses apparently) with work, an online class, and searching for a new job. I need to get my mojo back. I enjoyed food too much :sad:
  • Neonbeige
    Neonbeige Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    wow our chat thread got buried...

Anyway funny story for you ladies...

My son (aka man child) is a welder and he has his own MIG welder...he keeps it in the basement..he needed it yesterday to help my brother fix the skidoo...well he brought it up stairs amongst these grunts groans and curses about it being heavy..

He sets it down in the kitche to go unlock his trunck etc and calls to me .."Hey Mom..since you are so "strong" (note sarcasm) why don't you carry out my welder for me while I get the truck ready..."

I'm like 'okay':grumble: thinking crap this is gonna hurt...

I grab it and woosh off the floor it goes..and Im like **** this isn't heavy...

I took it out to him and he's like "Heavy isn't it...haha"...I told him no it wasn't that bad...he gets a bit sheepish and says yah not really just hard on the hands I guess...whatever...:bigsmile:

Mind you he's the kid that says I am built like a brick *kitten* house and people shouldn't mess with me as well...

Guess he's not used to me being strong again...hahaha..

On another note...do you guys ever feel a twinge in a muscle after doing something and think...

"This better not affect my lifts gd it"

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

First thought isn't ouch that hurt or I hope I didn't hurt myself it's about the lifting

Muahahahaha, this is great!

The last point: I had exactly the same "problem" two hours ago. I burnt my hand while preparing dinner and thought:"****, how should I grab the bar tomorrow morning. " :-D
  • jcdoerr
    jcdoerr Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    So I was totally cracking up this morning when I realized that I now have actual visual proof that I lift weights!

The first sign: Little ugly greenish-yellow bruises right around the end of each clavicle where the bar touches during OHPs. Just when they start to go away, oops, it's OHP day again!

And the second: I now have a full-on giant man-hand callous on one of my fingers.

Oh my goodness, lifting does make you shmexy!!! ha ha ha :bigsmile:
  • krokador
    krokador Posts: 1,794 Member
    Options
    So I was totally cracking up this morning when I realized that I now have actual visual proof that I lift weights!

The first sign: Little ugly greenish-yellow bruises right around the end of each clavicle where the bar touches during OHPs. Just when they start to go away, oops, it's OHP day again!

And the second: I now have a full-on giant man-hand callous on one of my fingers.

Oh my goodness, lifting does make you shmexy!!! ha ha ha bigsmile

Haha! The bruises will eventually stop happening. I'm not sure it's a good sign you're getting them from OHP tho. What'll happen if you ever do front squats and cleans? Ouch! :P

I can also relate to the "OMG am I gonna be able to LIFT?!"-jerk reaction whenever something happens. It's funny how that goes! I love my weight training! (But you woulda told me I'd feel like that 2-3 years ago ad I would've laughed in your face!)
  • SezxyStef
    Options
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1096001-halp-heavy-lifting-made-me-supah-bulky?page=13#posts-19366042

wanted to put this here for the ladies just starting...this particular thread motivated me so much
  • TGDMJNoles
    TGDMJNoles Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1096001-halp-heavy-lifting-made-me-supah-bulky?page=13#posts-19366042

wanted to put this here for the ladies just starting...this particular thread motivated me so much

I love this thread. I revisit it often. It is what inspired me and prompted me to have my hubby build me a power cage for my birthday this year so I could safely lift pretty much on my own.

It's simply amazing what everyone who has posted on that thread has accomplished. One day I hope to post my before and after pics in an iteration of that thread. My goal is to post pics by sometime in September.
  • Neonbeige
    Neonbeige Posts: 271 Member
    Options

Oh yeah! I went through all of them, the results are so motivating!
  • krokador
    krokador Posts: 1,794 Member
    Options
    So, I bought new running shoes this weekend, and now we're supposed to be getting even MOAR SNOW this week again... Then Ima be gone for a week and packing an extra pair won't be an option. I was ready to get into this running thing. Mother nature Y U suck so much this year?

Anyone else depressed by the weather? *sigh* at least I can walk... I'll get my pants and feet wet, but i can walk.
  • viglet
    viglet Posts: 299 Member
    Options
    So, I bought new running shoes this weekend, and now we're supposed to be getting even MOAR SNOW this week again... Then Ima be gone for a week and packing an extra pair won't be an option. I was ready to get into this running thing. Mother nature Y U suck so much this year?

Anyone else depressed by the weather? *sigh* at least I can walk... I'll get my pants and feet wet, but i can walk.

I am in the market for new shoes but I just find they are so damn pricey!

We are supposed to be hitting 12 degrees today (fingers crossed). The weather was beautiful yesterday, super sunny but still chilly. I hope the snow ends. This winter has dragged on and just like you, I am going through running withdrawal.

On another note, I'm just done with trying to lose weight. I really want to punch my scale in its stupid plastic *kitten* face. I just feel like the numbers never budge. Last week I finally dropped to 158. I saw it for one day and never again. Back at 161 since then. I took some progress pics and I do see a huge change in my mid section which is nice but still no scale drop. I am 5'2 and there is no way that I can stay above 150 at this height. And eating below 1500 calories a day sounds like a depressing life to me. Maybe I am just experiencing Monday blues (and regrets for over eating on Sunday). /rant
  • KaterinaTerese
    KaterinaTerese Posts: 345 Member
    Options
    So proud last night; I was looking at my hands, and damn it if I don't have some beautiful callouses going on the inside of my finger joints and upper palms. Haha, my friends couldn't why I was so happy!