Men on a Mission thread

Options

Replies

• tdonlin
    tdonlin Posts: 934 Member
    Options
    I missed last week because I was sick in bed most of it. Back now and apparently having no appetite for 4 days helps in the weight loss department.

LW 331.2
    CW 326.2
    Loss of 5 lbs.

Hi Tim,
    I don't get sick very often, but I was pretty much out of it there for about 2 weeks. Still not 100% but feeling much better. Glad you are recovering and feeling better.
  • tdonlin
    Options
    Hi guys!

I've been gone for quite a while. Started out at around 290lb and got down to 254lb. Gained back up to 275lb and lost back to 257lb in October. Thanks to stress, dislike of my job, and a complete lack of willpower and self-control was back up to 265lb. Actually, surprising I am not more since I have been eating horribly. Chicken Fried Steak, sweets, pizza and burgers galore became my foods of choice. However, I feel like crap most of the time and am depressed because of life's stress and the fact I feel like crap. When I was in the 250s I felt much better.

So now, I'm starting the journey again.

LWW: ----
    CW: 265lb.

Taco my friend, Great to have you back!!! We will do this together and make it stick this time around.
  • dbw1976
    dbw1976 Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    Checking in.
    LWW = 201.2
    CWW = 200.6
    Loss = 0.6
  • tdonlin
    Options
    Greetings Gentlemen,

I hope you all are having a great week. I would like to welcome a new person, diamoddavepe and a welcome back to tllstaco. It is fantastic that we had a really good turnout this week. I hope we can maintain this momentum and keep the red off of the chart. I am giving Tim the top spot this week. It's been over a week but 5 pounds is fantastic. Jason continues to impress with another 3 pound loss. Congratulations to all. Here is this week's chart.

WeekofMar3_zps2fac9b26.jpg
  • tllstaco
    tllstaco Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    LWW = 265
    CW = 262

Loss = 3 lb
  • tdonlin
    Options
    LWW = 265
    CW = 262

Loss = 3 lb

Wow, you are starting off strong!! Nice job!
  • tllstaco
    Options
    Took a cheat day yesterday. My daughter came back to town for spring break. She loves a local Mexican food place so we went there. I can't resist the chips and salsa and fajita enchiladas! :-)
  • toddhbrown
    toddhbrown Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    Hey Gentlemen,
    Amazing how when you lose focus, it all goes to hell. Moving the wrong direction, but we'll get it under control.

SW -381
    GW - 215
    LW - 292.8 (1/31/2014)
    CW - 305.3
    WT - 12.5 Gain
    TWL - 75.7
    DLP - 3/19/14
  • tim_jennings
    tim_jennings Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    LW=326.2
    CW=326.2

0 change
  • dbw1976
    Options
    CW = 201.3
    LW = 200.6
    Gain = 0.7

Weekend got in the way again. I've been better about tracking my calories this week. That should help - all I've been doing is checking in weekly with my weight. And, that's not working really well. Goal is to just log all my calories for every day this week.

Have a good week gentlemen.

Dave
  • tdonlin
    Options
    Howdy Men,

Looks like it was a bit of a rough week for most of us. Jason and Taco, you guys rock!! Congrats on a great week.

Today is the first day of Spring. Yay!!! The weather here in Washington has sucked with all the rain. Not what the East Coast has had to deal with but depressing and demoralizing just the same. I've been in a little rut the last couple of weeks working on other projects. I hope I can start getting my Summer attitude going and enjoy more physical activities.

Lets see if we can get rid of most of the red from next week's chart. Have a great week gentlemen! :drinker:

WeekofMar10_zpsf940fe3c.jpg
  • tllstaco
    Options
    LWW: 262
    CW: 264

Not a good week. My daughter was home from college and we did a lot of eating out. I tried to keep it under control but didn't do a great job with all of the salt. We also went to the rodeo which means more calories; however, I didn't get the fried cheesecake! :-)
  • tdonlin
    Options
    LWW: 262
    CW: 264

Not a good week. My daughter was home from college and we did a lot of eating out. I tried to keep it under control but didn't do a great job with all of the salt. We also went to the rodeo which means more calories; however, I didn't get the fried cheesecake! :-)

Time with your daughter making memories. That is the important part. She's back at school now and you can get back at watching what you eat. I didn't know there was such a thing as fried cheesecake. Good thing you stayed away from it.. :)
  • tllstaco
    Options
    At the Houston Rodeo, they fry just about everything. Ice cream, snickers, oreos, oreos with cookie dough, cheesecake, red velvet cake, and the list goes on and on. A couple of years ago I tried the fried cheesecake and it was incredible!
  • dbw1976
    Options
    My daughter was home from college and I had the same experience - a lot of eating out and over-indulging. No fried oreos though!

LWW = 201.3
    CWW = 202.4

Gain 1.1

Good news, was that I managed to log calories all week.

Bad news, next week I'm on Spring Break in San Francisco and then at the state wide teachers' union meeting in Spokane. I will do what I can and plan on getting back on the band wagon when I get back.
  • tdonlin
    Options
    My daughter was home from college and I had the same experience - a lot of eating out and over-indulging. No fried oreos though!

LWW = 201.3
    CWW = 202.4

Gain 1.1

Good news, was that I managed to log calories all week.

Bad news, next week I'm on Spring Break in San Francisco and then at the state wide teachers' union meeting in Spokane. I will do what I can and plan on getting back on the band wagon when I get back.

Like I said to Taco, no worries. Making memories with our kids trumps everything. I had a good week but this weekend is my son-in-laws birthday. We ALWAYS go out for the birthdays around here and we'll see how next week turns out for me.

Thanks for getting your update in :)
  • tdonlin
    Options
    Hello Gentlemen,

Another week in the record books. Only 4 of us this week and we split it down the middle. Kind of a tough time of the year. I'm glad spring has finally arrived. You can't tell here in Washington but hopefully it will start warming and drying up some time soon.

Jason is again rocking the top of the charts. Congrats buddy.

Here's the chart.

WeekofMar17_zpsdd5cfe3b.jpg
  • JJHnIOWA
    JJHnIOWA Posts: 48
    Options
    Had a Dr. Appointment yesterday, felt pretty nice to throw a 35 lb weight loss at him.

What's weird though, i don't really feel different or notice anything different. My inches haven't even changed really around my stomach, maybe an inch is all?

Certainly don't have any more energy really either.

Oh well, got to keep it going. Figure if i can get to the 240's THAT'S when i should start getting excited!

My eating has been crap lately though, although i am still sticking pretty close to calorie goals.

Good luck guys this week! BTW, spring has been miserable so far in Iowa as well. Every day it looks and feels depressing outside. Ugly, rain, wet, sloppy, cold crap around these parts so far this spring. Uugh!
  • tllstaco
    Options
    Undid the weight I gained last week.

LWW: 264
    CW: 262
  • tdonlin
    Options
    Howdy Men,

Got to get the chart up just a bit early this week as I've got a full afternoon scheduled. Sorry if I didn't catch you in time. Jason and Taco had a great week. Congrats guys. I am on this funky roller coaster and up one week and down the next. I have got to get focused. We have had one or two days of not crappy weather and the rest of the week is crappy. I totally lose motivation when I am sun deprived. Oh well.

Hey, I am out of town most of next week so will not be putting up a chart. Please, please, please post your numbers though. I check in here multiple times everyday and look forward to seeing you guys and your progress. Have a great week (this and next).

WeekofMar24_zpsd729e878.jpg