30 Day Plank Challenge

Options

Replies

• zumbaforever
    zumbaforever Posts: 6,877 Member
    Options
    Got in another two minutes of planks. Almost at the end of this challenge. Good thing we have another challenge coming up with planks! :drinker:

Shelley
  • PaulaKro
    PaulaKro Posts: 5,693 Member
    Options
    You get a kick out of planning ways to torture us, don't you. Shelley? Well I'm going to practice resties today since you've promised them to me next week. One hundred resties, and I'm almost done already!

Paula

p.s. Good job, Steve! You've made amazing progress!!
  • airdale8263
    airdale8263 Posts: 2,155 Member
    Options
    Thanks Paula.....inspired by all to push to get better.

So today is rest day ..huh?? Instead of trying to do another 210 or even go for 240, I went for 4@ 45 on elbows with 15 second rest between.
    Didn't quiet make it....bummer. I got 3 @ 45 but the last one only lasted just under 30 seconds before my arms were screaming at me (and they were not saying nice words:laugh: ).

So I can see that my challenge I had set for myself after this challenge, may have to be adjusted, since it appears I have no problem with 3@45......hmmm maybe do 3 @ 60 elbows --30 second rest bewteen each -- rest of 45 seconds and do 3 @ 60 straight arm -30 second rest between. Rest for 1 minute and due as many push ups as I can , working toward 15.
  • PaulaKro
    Options
    So I can see that my challenge I had set for myself after this challenge, may have to be adjusted, since it appears I have no problem with 3@45......hmmm maybe do 3 @ 60 elbows --30 second rest bewteen each -- rest of 45 seconds and do 3 @ 60 straight arm -30 second rest between. Rest for 1 minute and due as many push ups as I can , working toward 15.
    Oh gawd, we've created a monster! [in the COMPLIMENTARY way!]
  • KAR1959
    KAR1959 Posts: 4,252 Member
    Options
    I haven't given up...just had so much going on. I will catch up and finish before the month is up.

Day 23 - 2 @ 90 seconds this morning - Done

I plan to complete day 24 tonight. I will check back in later.

Everyone is doing so great!
  • KAR1959
    Options
    Got in another two minutes of planks. Almost at the end of this challenge. Good thing we have another challenge coming up with planks! :drinker:

Shelley

We do? What have I missed??
  • bonjojo
    bonjojo Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    Hi all!

Great job with the planks, people! :drinker: :drinker:

Prior to this challenge I used a stopwatch (instead of the timer) to see how long I could hold (on elbows no modifications) and made it to 90 seconds. After the challenge (which I did with modifications of straight arms and switching to side planks) I used the on-elbows-no-modifications-stopwatch again and can now do 180 seconds! Doubled my plank-ability! :bigsmile:

Hard work pays off, keep it up and great job! :drinker:

I'll keep planks in my strength workout, but probably not longer than 180, or possibly 210 at one go. I may visit again to cheer on your successes! :flowerforyou:

Bonnie Jo
  • airdale8263
    Options
    Oh gawd, we've created a monster! [in the COMPLIMENTARY way!]

Yes you have...in a nice way!!! :laugh: :laugh:
  • zumbaforever
    Options

Shelley

Nothing. I am putting planks in our April challenge. Which I need to get done by Saturday!

Shelley
  • cpanus
    cpanus Posts: 19,370 Member
    Options

Shelley

Nothing. I am putting planks in our April challenge. Which I need to get done by Saturday!

Shelley

:sad: :cry: :sad: :cry: :cry: :cry: :sad: :cry: :sad: :cry: :sad: :cry: :sad: :cry: :sad: :cry: :sad: :cry: :sad: :cry: :heart:
  • KAR1959
    Options

Shelley

Shelley

:sad: :cry: :sad: :cry: :cry: :cry: :sad: :cry: :sad: :cry: :sad: :cry: :sad: :cry: :sad: :cry: :sad: :cry: :sad: :cry: :heart:

Love it...too funny :happy:
  • PaulaKro
    Options

Shelley

Shelley
    Love it...too funny :happy:
    But oh so true!!!!!!! :sad:
  • cpanus
    Options
    I :sad: got:sad: it:sad: done:sad: in:sad: four:sad: one :sad: minute:sad: planks:sad: AFTER :sad: 50:sad: minutes:sad: w/Cathe :sad: and :sad: her :sad: Chest, :sad: Back :sad: & :sad: Shoulders :sad: workout! I:sad: could:sad: barely:sad: hold:sad: the:sad: plank:sad: one :sad: minute:sad: after:sad: she :sad: was :sad: done :sad: w/me!

:tongue:
  • airdale8263
    Options
    Day 27 -- complete -- 240 seconds:cry:

Start with a 90 second elbow..push up to straight arm and held for the remaining 150 seconds..:cry::cry:

Fell to the floor and could not move my arms..they were shaking....finally was able to gain my composure and get up off the floor. Shoke out my arms -- OH NO wrog thing to do --- shoulders started yelling at me like there was no tomorrow.....:cry::cry:
    Took a few seconds for my body to stop screaming at me...but I screamed back saying this is good pain.....feel really good right now. (arms are still attached and shoulders are happy..:laugh: )

Another day done!! Yea!!
  • KAR1959
    Options
    Day 24 - 210 sec - done

I did 120 sec with shaking arms. Then 10 mins later I did 90 seconds. I don't feel as strong because of those missed days. But I'm sticking with it.
  • PaulaKro
    Options
    I can't believe we're all doing this. What a bunch of beasts... :laugh:

This level is pushing my plankability capability. So I'm increasing the modifications to be able to complete the times. Doing a higher incline and smaller sets.

Missed one stinking little day on Thursday which resulted in needing to do eight minutes of planks on Friday. Argh! :sad:

Did extra steps between the planks. Feels good to shake it out.

Paula
  • zumbaforever
    Options
    I had a 12 hour day of training yesterday. We have a gal who is 6'3" in our department. Guess who I was partnered with for half of custody and control? sad Yep, good thing for me she did not want to kill me! Then a guy in the class actually swept me up over his head! laugh The class burst out laughing. And me? I was in shock. Could not believe he picked me up like I weighed nothing! I am still feeling great that I did not break his back. And me? Yep, took down a couple of big guys. And ran from galzilla! laugh

Thanks everyone for motivating me to stay in shape. Custody and control can be rough otherwise. But today's class was fun. Counting it as strength training!

Going to CO for fish supplies tomorrow. Will try and get our challenge up for April when I get home.

Shelley
  • airdale8263
    Options
    Day 28 --240 seconds completed......it was not easy!!

Not looking forward to tomorrow --- I have feeling I could be crying before I finish (yes I do shed tears...:laugh: :laugh: )

I am simply amazed at myself that I can even hold the plank for so long...considering I had know idea what a plank was 30 days ago....loving the feeling of my back and seeing a changes.

Thanks to all for support!!
  • cpanus
    Options
    Got it DONE in 2X75 seconds and 2X60 second planks. I admire you guys who can do these in one plank. I did get in an extra 1,000 steps between my shorter planks, though.

Everyone have a great Sunday!

Chris
  • cpanus
    Options
    I had a 12 hour day of training yesterday. We have a gal who is 6'3" in our department. Guess who I was partnered with for half of custody and control? sad Yep, good thing for me she did not want to kill me! Then a guy in the class actually swept me up over his head! laugh The class burst out laughing. And me? I was in shock. Could not believe he picked me up like I weighed nothing! I am still feeling great that I did not break his back. And me? Yep, took down a couple of big guys. And ran from galzilla! laugh

Thanks everyone for motivating me to stay in shape. Custody and control can be rough otherwise. But today's class was fun. Counting it as strength training!

Going to CO for fish supplies tomorrow. Will try and get our challenge up for April when I get home.

Shelley

I am very proud of you that you didn't let galzilla catch you! Good going! bwahahaha...made a joke there! I'm glad it was fun!

Chris