2014 Self Challenge - Prepping for Summer

Options

Replies

• Tuesday4422
    Tuesday4422 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    YAY! Added myself! So ready to reach my goal! Love this accountability!
  • tmlandgraf
    tmlandgraf Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Let's see if I can stay with it this time. Start of the year challenge didn't go so well.
  • FarTooJones
    Options
    I'm in on this one. 10 lbs to go and starting t25 monday so it's perfect timing.
  • JRIV60
    JRIV60 Posts: 732 Member
    Options
    We got a good bunch to kick this off! I am so excited!! :happy: :happy: :happy:

Our first weigh in is tomorrow, how do you think you did this week? I put in my all this week. I think focusing on my miles walked this month is going to help keep me moving forward.

I hope we are all "losers" tomorrow. :wink:

xo,

Jo
  • mamarundrc
    mamarundrc Posts: 1,577 Member
    Options
    My week was so-so.. I did not exercise much due to a busy schedule. I didn't do horrible with food but I could have skipped a few things. My water consumption was pathetic. I really need to get back on track with it. I do so much better when I drink my 8+ glasses of water but it is so hard to remember to chug when I am running around like crazy at work. I am hoping to maintain...Anything better than that would be awesome!
  • JRIV60
    Options
    Good morning babes! I am down a pound this week. :drinker:

I hear you Dani on the hectic schedule. I am really trying to get my water in but some days that is the last thing on my mind. Horrible I know but we are a work in progress, right? lol

I can't wait to see all of your posts rock stars!!

xo,

Jo
  • mamarundrc
    Options
    i managed to maintain this week which is fine. It was a rough week. I am fine maintaining when I know I can do better. At least it isn't a gain. Now the challenge this weekend is to stay relatively on track while visiting my mom. The men are away on a fishing trip and it will be easy to eat out and make bad choices. I am just hoping to take each decision one at a time and come out of this weekend without doing too much damage:-D
  • b00b0084
    b00b0084 Posts: 729 Member
    Options
    I lost 1.2 pounds so far :) I have been drinking 8-12c of water a day. 7 1/2 of those cups are this detox drink (tastes blegh lol) that is supposed to help you shed up to 5lbs of water weight in a week. I might do this drink once a month. Been trying to at least get in 20min a day of some sort of work out (because of another challenge I am in) and today is going to be hard. My new sandals decided to take skin off the back of my heels yesterday and wearing shoes hurts right now!
    Lets see how much I progress by next Friday!!
    Oh yeah.. I am in the 260s (269 to be exact) and I haven't seen that weight group in over 8 years!!
  • Tuesday4422
    Tuesday4422 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Grrr...didn't change an oz! Watch it come off tomorrow. LOL! Anyway...at least I didn't' gain right?
  • jemsurf
    jemsurf Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    I had a very successful week. Lost 2.8 pounds, worked out twice most days, and I finally weigh less than my husband!! Happy Day.

Happy Losing All
    Jen~
  • JRIV60
    Options
    Grrr...didn't change an oz! Watch it come off tomorrow. LOL! Anyway...at least I didn't' gain right?
    You got this girlie!! Keep moving forward. :flowerforyou:

Jo
  • JRIV60
    Options
    I had a very successful week. Lost 2.8 pounds, worked out twice most days, and I finally weigh less than my husband!! Happy Day.

Happy Losing All
    Jen~
    Woot Woot! Proud of you Jen!! :wink:

Jo
  • JRIV60
    Options
    I lost 1.2 pounds so far :) I have been drinking 8-12c of water a day. 7 1/2 of those cups are this detox drink (tastes blegh lol) that is supposed to help you shed up to 5lbs of water weight in a week. I might do this drink once a month. Been trying to at least get in 20min a day of some sort of work out (because of another challenge I am in) and today is going to be hard. My new sandals decided to take skin off the back of my heels yesterday and wearing shoes hurts right now!
    Lets see how much I progress by next Friday!!
    Oh yeah.. I am in the 260s (269 to be exact) and I haven't seen that weight group in over 8 years!!
    Great job!!

Jo
  • JRIV60
    Options
    i managed to maintain this week which is fine. It was a rough week. I am fine maintaining when I know I can do better. At least it isn't a gain. Now the challenge this weekend is to stay relatively on track while visiting my mom. The men are away on a fishing trip and it will be easy to eat out and make bad choices. I am just hoping to take each decision one at a time and come out of this weekend without doing too much damage:-D
    You got this girl! Have a good time with your mom. :0)

Jo
  • kerricus
    kerricus Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    I will be thrilled if I can maintain in the coming week. I'm heading into PMS. I generally gain 5lbs and I want to eat EVERYTHING. The worst part is that I know I'm making bad choices but I make them anyway. Hormones are the worst!!
  • smdelzer
    smdelzer Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    Glad to see a loss again, considering I've gained 30 pounds since school started in the fall. I still need the switch in my head to switch to "weight loss mode". I'm faking it for now. Why can't I seem to switch back this time???

I lost 2.6, which is nice, but it should've been more considering how much I've gained so recently. I need to get the exercise bug back in me!

Good job, ladies!

:-) Shannon
  • b00b0084
    b00b0084 Posts: 729 Member
    Options
    I will be thrilled if I can maintain in the coming week. I'm heading into PMS. I generally gain 5lbs and I want to eat EVERYTHING. The worst part is that I know I'm making bad choices but I make them anyway. Hormones are the worst!!

I'm like that too leading up to my PMS. I am like 5 days away and the "I know I'm not hungry but that sure looks good!" stuff is starting to kick in!
  • KellyBgetsfit
    KellyBgetsfit Posts: 1,713 Member
    Options
    Grrr. I gained a few pounds AFTER the holidays (STRESS) I have been doing really well for a few weeks now. I finally saw a loss last week. This week, that pound is back!
    Oh, well. I'll just keep working out and eating right!
  • jitsuda
    jitsuda Posts: 230 Member
    Options

I'm like that too leading up to my PMS. I am like 5 days away and the "I know I'm not hungry but that sure looks good!" stuff is starting to kick in!

Me too! I lost 1ish lbs this week and I am sure it's because I just got off my period.
  • mamarundrc
    Options

Want to try something that helps balance out you hormonal cravings? Add chia seeds and flax to a smoothie when you start PMSing. It helps balance out the hormones. I tried it last month and it seemed to help. I didn't have nearly the same horrific eat everything in site reaction. Sure I still had some issues but definitely not nearly as bad.