APRIL 2014 - Move Your @SS Challenge

Options

Replies

• sufferlandrian
    sufferlandrian Posts: 8,201 Member
    Options
    Nice job Chris. I've never hit 30K steps. Hope your weekend is as productive. :smile:
  • sufferlandrian
    Options

I had myself a close encounter of the third kind with three coulter pine cones during todays ride. :noway: I'm okay, except i have pine cone marks and my skin hurts a bit in places, lol!

7.48 miles mtb today, mtd 65.05

Hey Phytogurl, I didn't know what a Coulter Pine was. I had to look it up. Wow! That's not a pine cone. That a pine boulder! Those are HUGE! Hope the crash wasn't too bad and you'll be back and biking quickly.

Dean
  • hkristine1
    hkristine1 Posts: 950 Member
    Options
    I've never hit 30K steps.

Go to a theme park (e.g. Disneyland). My husband wore a pedometer and said we were walking 12-15 miles every day, at least. (even our 6 yr old!)
  • sufferlandrian
    Options

Go to a theme park (e.g. Disneyland). My husband wore a pedometer and said we were walking 12-15 miles every day, at least. (even our 6 yr old!)

I went to Disney World once. I stood in line most of the day. That's my only time at a theme park. I like National Parks. You stand in line to get in, but then you are free to roam about the earth. :laugh: :laugh:
  • hkristine1
    hkristine1 Posts: 950 Member
    Options

I went to Disney World once. I stood in line most of the day. That's my only time at a theme park. I like National Parks. You stand in line to get in, but then you are free to roam about the earth. :laugh: :laugh:

Ha... yeah. We went in early December - the least crowded time of the year - didn't wait for more than 15-20 minutes for *anything*.... I also may be a complete nerd and had our routes planned out based on books about the park, telling you the best order to do things in based on typical ride lines, etc. yeahhh.... uh. We're going to Yosemite this summer, but only for a day. Not sure if the kid will like that as well... <sigh>
  • sufferlandrian
    Options

Ha... yeah. We went in early December - the least crowded time of the year - didn't wait for more than 15-20 minutes for *anything*.... I also may be a complete nerd and had our routes planned out based on books about the park, telling you the best order to do things in based on typical ride lines, etc. yeahhh.... uh. We're going to Yosemite this summer, but only for a day. Not sure if the kid will like that as well... <sigh>

Everyone should go to Yosemite at least once in a lifetime but it is really crowded down on the main camping area so stay clear of that. I wish I had that book so we could have planned a bit better. I loved Stanislaus National Forest. I know I spelled that wrong but it was 1984 when I went. We spend two days rock climbing in the Stanislaus National Forest and never got bored. The bears were a pain though. Wouldn't have been quite so bad if campers near us had followed the rules and kept food out of their tents or off the picnic tables. No harm no foul though. The bears stole all their food and no one was hurt. Karma is a harsh mistress. They had to pack up their stuff and leave the next day since they were out of food. :bigsmile: :bigsmile:

Wish I had read the book on visiting the theme park. It would have saved me a lot of standing in line.
  • CeeCeeMee
    CeeCeeMee Posts: 356 Member
    Options
    I really need to get back into the habit of posting everyday. *sigh*

exercise.png
  • cpanus
    cpanus Posts: 19,283 Member
    Options
    Nice job Chris. I've never hit 30K steps. Hope your weekend is as productive. :smile:

Thanks! My feet are complaining, but I'm glad I pushed myself.

Chris
  • wanderan
    wanderan Posts: 1,369 Member
    Options
    adding 7.39 miles

exercise.png
  • darkrider42
    darkrider42 Posts: 5,315 Member
    Options
    Updated to here
  • dinos
    dinos Posts: 1,390 Member
    Options

I had myself a close encounter of the third kind with three coulter pine cones during todays ride. :noway: I'm okay, except i have pine cone marks and my skin hurts a bit in places, lol!

7.48 miles mtb today, mtd 65.05

Hey Phytogurl, I didn't know what a Coulter Pine was. I had to look it up. Wow! That's not a pine cone. That a pine boulder! Those are HUGE! Hope the crash wasn't too bad and you'll be back and biking quickly.

Dean

Phytogurl is that you? :laugh: :laugh:

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQLEo5d3rj-QaNZQC8fPh7CEn9zHu93y253esYtPtESrdSvq9mR
  • dinos
    dinos Posts: 1,390 Member
    Options
    Pretty nice weather today. Walked with Bean and hubby for a long time.

15.86 miles...30,595 steps!! Only the second time I've done that!

exercise.png

Have a great Saturday!

Chris

Wow, I never took more than 30k steps in a day. It's in my wish list now :huh:
  • queenegreene
    queenegreene Posts: 1,376 Member
    Options
    4/11 - 4.5 miles walking/running
    Total to date: 39.75 of 120 miles
  • PinkNinjaLaura
    PinkNinjaLaura Posts: 3,202 Member
    Options
    Added another 5 miles yesterday -

exercise.png
  • PinkNinjaLaura
    PinkNinjaLaura Posts: 3,202 Member
    Options
    Pretty nice weather today. Walked with Bean and hubby for a long time.

15.86 miles...30,595 steps!! Only the second time I've done that!

exercise.png

Have a great Saturday!

Chris

Wow, I never took more than 30k steps in a day. It's in my wish list now :huh:

Impressed! I've never broken 25K either.
  • Chevy_Quest
    Chevy_Quest Posts: 2,012 Member
    Options
    April 2014
    Update through April 11th
    Total: 33.5

Time to Move the a55 today!!! :drinker:

exercise.png
  • cmcis
    cmcis Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    Move Your *kitten* Challenge