What are your stats? Prior and now

Options

Replies

• JenaOnTrack74
    JenaOnTrack74 Posts: 443 Member
    Options
    Great thread...really enjoyed reading about everyone's accomplishments!

Jessica, Current Age is 26
    VSG on 9/10/2013
    Weight: 298.4 lbs
    Shirt: 3x
    Pants: 24-26
    Shoe: 8
    Ring: 10.5

31 weeks post op on 4/14/2014, 74 lbs lost!
    Weight: 224.4
    Shirt: XL
    Pant: 16
    Shoe: 7.5-8
    Ring: 8.5

non-scale victory: fitting comfortably in the seat and seat belt on an airplane.

You're doing AWESOME! Great job!
  • JenaOnTrack74
    Options
    Hi All...My name is Monisha

I am 5'7
    Prior to surgery:
    weighed 385.6 lbs
    I wore 34-36 Pant size
    3X shirt size
    10 shoe size wide width

Current Stats:
    Weigh 196
    Size 14/16 Pants
    Medium / Large Shirt
    8 1/2 Shoe Size

I'm still losing 21 months post op and hoping to lose another 20-30 lbs.

Transformations like yours give so many peole hope and encouragment! Amazing, amazing work!
  • Dannadl
    Dannadl Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    Had RNY 3/16/2012 in Phoenix AZ

Height: 5'7"
    Age 44
    Starting Weight 347.5
    starting pant size: 28
    Bra size 44J
    Shirt size 26/28 or 3XL

Current: 2 Years 1 month post op
    Still 5'7"
    Age 46
    Current Weight 173.5
    Current Pant size: 10-12
    Bra size 32DD
    Shirt Size 8-10 or medium

Total weight loss to date: 174lbs. Still looking to lose around 40lbs more.

I'm currently training for the Disney Marvel Superhero's 1/2 Marathon at Disneyland in Nov. 2014. I've run 5-6 5K's. I've been working out 6 days a week at my gym for about a year and 3 weeks ago started an early morning bootcamp and can keep up despite being one of the older women there. I usually do about 60 min of straight cardio (including running, and 2-3 spin classes a week) 6 days a week, lift weights 2-3 days a week and do a 45 min bootcamp class 4 days a week.

I try to keep my calories at around 1200 a day +/- 200.

I have 5 & 7 year old sons that I stay home with and homeschool, so I need to be able to keep up with them and move.

My current goals are to be able to do 1 good solid boy style push-up (I can do 50 modified "girl style"), climb the rope, get over my fear of box jumps and run the 1/2 marathon (I've never run more than 3.5 miles at one time).

I've got some loose skin on my arms, stomach and thighs. I'm really lucky, none on my face or neck. I want to hit my goal weight and hold there for a year or so to see what my body does with the loose skin to hopefully minimize the amount of plastic surgery I might need. Hoping to get away with none, but not holding my breath.
  • JenaOnTrack74
    Options
    Had RNY 3/16/2012 in Phoenix AZ

Height: 5'7"
    Age 44
    Starting Weight 347.5
    starting pant size: 28
    Bra size 44J
    Shirt size 26/28 or 3XL

Current: 2 Years 1 month post op
    Still 5'7"
    Age 46
    Current Weight 173.5
    Current Pant size: 10-12
    Bra size 32DD
    Shirt Size 8-10 or medium

Total weight loss to date: 174lbs. Still looking to lose around 40lbs more.

I'm currently training for the Disney Marvel Superhero's 1/2 Marathon at Disneyland in Nov. 2014. I've run 5-6 5K's. I've been working out 6 days a week at my gym for about a year and 3 weeks ago started an early morning bootcamp and can keep up despite being one of the older women there. I usually do about 60 min of straight cardio (including running, and 2-3 spin classes a week) 6 days a week, lift weights 2-3 days a week and do a 45 min bootcamp class 4 days a week.

I try to keep my calories at around 1200 a day +/- 200.

I have 5 & 7 year old sons that I stay home with and homeschool, so I need to be able to keep up with them and move.

My current goals are to be able to do 1 good solid boy style push-up (I can do 50 modified "girl style"), climb the rope, get over my fear of box jumps and run the 1/2 marathon (I've never run more than 3.5 miles at one time).

I've got some loose skin on my arms, stomach and thighs. I'm really lucky, none on my face or neck. I want to hit my goal weight and hold there for a year or so to see what my body does with the loose skin to hopefully minimize the amount of plastic surgery I might need. Hoping to get away with none, but not holding my breath.

WOW!! First thank you for accepting the invitation to our group, I had a feeling you would not disappoint!
    Amazing and motivating is what you are! Great work hopefully we can convince you to post those 1/2 marathon pictures of you crossing the finish line!
    So glad you're here! :flowerforyou:
  • Dannadl
    Dannadl Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    WOW!! First thank you for accepting the invitation to our group, I had a feeling you would not disappoint!
    Amazing and motivating is what you are! Great work hopefully we can convince you to post those 1/2 marathon pictures of you crossing the finish line!
    So glad you're here! :flowerforyou:
    [/quote]

Thanks. It took me a year after surgery to start exercising and the kind of depressing part is that I lost 130lbs in that 1st year not exercising. Then I started exercising and only lost 46lbs the next year. But, the exercise physiologist at my surgeon's office told me not to expect to see ANY results from exercise for 6 months after starting and that actually really helped. I committed to exercise for 6 months with no expectations of seeing any results at all. Those 1st 6 months I really didn't like it and would look for reasons to not go to the gym. At the 6 month mark I was seeing some results. Not so much on the scale but in my pants sizes, strength and endurance. But, more importantly I didn't hate going to the gym anymore. I didn't love it but I didn't hate it or look for ways to avoid it. At the 9 month mark I started to really like it (still hate hate hated to run but had been training for and had run 5K's by then). Now I actually really like exercising and being active. I still don't love running but I don't hate it as much (and go figure I sign up for a 1/2 marathon that I'm running with a friend who runs full marathon's and "ultra" marathon's- that's a real thing 30-100 mile races - CRAZY) I run because I have races scheduled and if I schedule races to force myself to run.

The other reason that my weight loss slowed down in year 2 was because I stopped recording my food intake and started snacking. I wasn't out of control and I was still losing, but I wasn't completely in control either and wasn't losing at the rate I'd have wanted to. It became easy to justify snacking by working out. But, I quickly realized that losing weight is 80% + what you put in your mouth. You can never exercise away calories as fast as you can consume them. I'm wearing my bodybugg again now and tracking my food because I really want to drop these last 40lbs before the race.

In my 1st year post op I lost 124.5lbs (I just looked it up on my spreadsheet) and went from 56.3% body fat and a BMI of 55.2 to 43.10% body fat and a BMI of 35.5. In my second year I lost 41lbs and went from 43.10% body fat to 31.2% body fat and a BMI of 35.5 to a BMI of 28.9. In the last month since my 2 year appointment I've lost another 9.5lbs and dropped 1% in body fat and am at a BMI of 27.6. But In the last month or so I've gotten serious about tracking my food again and upped my exercise with race training and early morning boot camp.

My surgeon is really happy with my results and didn't recognize me at my 2 year follow-up appointment. He says that my results are atypical and that exercise is a great way to maintain weight loss but not the best way to lose weight in the 1st place.

My husband had RNY 2 months after I did. He lost all his weight in 9 months (doesn't exercise)----so frustrating to watch how fast men lose weight sometimes! He went from 368 to 185 and has maintained it.
  • breajohnson
    breajohnson Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    Hello! My name is Brea and I had lapband on March 20, 2014. I am trying not to weigh except at my checkups. At my two week check up I was 16 lbs down. I go for my first fill on May 10. Starting to see a big difference in clothing and am super excited about what my future holds. starting weight was 316 and my goal weight is 180. I am currently working toward a smaller goal of another 30 lbs lost by the end of July. Would love motivation and in turn I will offer the same......
  • guardianwill
    guardianwill Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Hi, My name is Guardianwill and I had surgery back in Sept/2013.

Prior to surgery:
    Weight: 296
    Shirt size: XXXL
    Pants size: Mens 54
    9E shoe.

Current:
    Shirt: M
    Pants Mens: 32
    8.5D Shoe

I have surpassed the doctors goal weight of 176 and am striving for 20 more pounds with 5 months to go from a year out of my surgery--I think I can do it.... Hope I can anyway. Goal Weight is 145....
  • JenaOnTrack74
    Options
    Thank You very much New Members for saying hello and posting your amazing Stats!
    You inspire the rest of us glad you're here and please keep posting! :happy:
  • Stephaniev51697
    Stephaniev51697 Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    Hi, my name is Stephanie

Sleeve Surgery on 3/4/2014

Height 5'3" (though hospital said 5'2 1/2)
    Age 44
    Starting Weight 230
    Starting pants size 20 (tight)
    Shirt size 18/20 or 2x
    Shoe size 7 1/2

Currently (7 weeks out from surgery)
    Weight 197
    Pants size 16
    Shirt size XL or 1X
    Shoe size hasn't changed yet, but I really hope it does!

I'm striving to hit 140 but would really love to be 130, we'll see how it goes.
  • DayByDayGetStronger
    DayByDayGetStronger Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    LapBand July 8, 2009

THEN:
    Weight- 263lbs
    Height- 5'6"
    Pants- 22W pushing into a 24W
    Bra- 42DDD
    Shirts- 22W or 2X
    Cholesterol- 256
    Blood Pressure- low 140's/ 100

TODAY:
    Weight- 182lbs
    Pants- Regular 12
    Bra- 34/36 C/D
    Shirts- L or 14
    Cholesterol- 167
    Blood Pressure- 115/73

Other accomplishments:
    Fitting into airplane seats with room to spare on the sides and the seat belt has a tail when buckled!
    Weighing less than my husband
    A flat tummy, spare tire removed, turkey neck removed, "bat wings" removed (all plastic surgery)
    Crossing my legs comfortably
    Shopping in regular-sized stores
    No muffin tops over my waistband
    I look 20 years younger than when I was fatter
    People think my husband is my dad when we meet people for the first time
    I'm no longer the FAT sister !!!!! HELL YEAH, baby!!!!!
    I'm healthy and can do a lot more physical activities without long recuperations or back pain
    I sleep better
    I will NOT look like my mother and be obese in my older years. I'm gonna be one HOT chick even when I'm 60!
    I like what I see in the mirror every day and I'm so proud of finally being successful at weight loss
  • ff731emt
    ff731emt Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone my name is Jen. I was banded May 25, 2011.
    I am 5'4
    My 6 month Post Op weight was 263
    On the morning of my surgery I weighed in at 241.
    I was wearing size 22 in pants and XLarge tops

Currently I weigh 136
    I am a size 4 in pants and Small tops
  • raghav3101
    raghav3101 Posts: 18
    Options
    Surgery was Jan 10, 2014
    Height: 6 feet

Prior to surgery: 
    Weight: 300
    Shirt size: XXL 
    Pants size: 46 inch tight

Current: 
    Between 225-227 in just four months
    Shirt: L
    Pants: 40
  • JenaOnTrack74
    Options
    Surgery was Jan 10, 2014
    Height: 6 feet

Prior to surgery: 
    Weight: 300
    Shirt size: XXL 
    Pants size: 46 inch tight

Current: 
    Between 225-227 in just four months
    Shirt: L
    Pants: 40

WOW Incredible results already!
  • JenaOnTrack74
    Options
    Hey everyone my name is Jen. I was banded May 25, 2011.
    I am 5'4
    My 6 month Post Op weight was 263
    On the morning of my surgery I weighed in at 241.
    I was wearing size 22 in pants and XLarge tops

Currently I weigh 136
    I am a size 4 in pants and Small tops

I am still trying to grasp that I could one day really be a size 4!! CONGRATULATIONS!!
  • Laura8603
    Laura8603 Posts: 590 Member
    Options
    RNY in September 2008, so I am 5 years 8 months out.

47 years old
    5'7" tall

Highest Weight: 339
    Goal Weight: 140
    Current Weight: 138

Highest size clothes: 28/30W
    Current Size: mostly 6's
    Waist: 27

I had a 10 pound bounce at the 2 year mark, but I worked hard to lose it and have not let myself get over 3 pounds above goal since then.

Here is my advice. I know you have all heard this before, but WLS is just a tool. You must work at losing and keeping it off. Do not make excuses and fall into the "victim mentality" trap. I have seen that way too much in the bariatric community. Stop feeling sorry for yourself. You have to believe you are worth the effort BECAUSE YOU ARE!! No one can make you do this. You have to decide to do this for yourself first, and then your loved ones.

5yearsbeforeafter_zpsed51996c.jpg
  • Chood214
    Chood214 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone! Here's my stats at 22 months post-op Gastric Bypass RNY

Height- 5'6"
    RNY Gastric Bypass 7/30/12 age 23

PRE-OP

382lbs
    shirt- 3XL
    Bra 46C
    pants 26/28 (tight)
    Shoes- 10.5-11
    Relationship status-single

POST-OP

190-195lbs
    shirt- Medium
    Bra- 34B
    pants- 8
    shoes 9.5
    relationship status- engaged

Best part? Feeling amazing!! Some moments are difficult but I wouldn't change my journey for a second! So proud of myself. I didn't even know it was possible to be this happy!
  • raghav3101
    raghav3101 Posts: 18
    Options
    Amazing stats.....all of you lovely peoples......keep it up
  • debhaley1
    debhaley1 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Hello my name is Deb and I was sleeved 4/14/14.
    Age 49
    Height 5' 10"
    SW 313
    Surgery Weight 311
    Largest size 26/28 and 3X-4X
    Shoe 10.5-11

CW 280
    Size 2X
    Shoe 10
    GW 180

Small steps as in my current mini goal weight is 250, then I will choose a new mini goal.
    I have only had difficulty with taste, smell and texture so I have become a finicky eater so everyday is a challenge in the food department, water even has a tendency to make me feel sick. The last few days seem to be getting better. I want to take my husband on a cruise in 2015 to celebrate our anniversary and so that is what I am looking forward to. I love doing my water aerobics and look forward to learning the weights and machines in 2 weeks.

Edited for typos
  • ststocks
    ststocks Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I am scheduled for surgery June 12th here in Houston, Tx. I am a so excited. Thank you to everyone who posted, reading everyones experience is very encouraging.
  • ruqayyahsmum
    ruqayyahsmum Posts: 1,514 Member
    Options
    hey there. im in the uk so sizing heres a little different

i had RNY on 17/1/14
    height 5ft 2

starting weight - 387lb
    bmi - 69.8
    clothes size - size 30/32 uk
    weight on surgery day roughly - 340lb
    clothes size -28/30 uk
    shoe size - 6 EEE

4 months out
    current weight - 278
    bmi - 51
    clothes size - 22/26 uk (depending on cut/shop)
    shoe size - 5/6 EEE

goal weight - around the 140lb mark