Chat thread

Options

Replies

• SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    Options
    Okay so test driving this Gif...I saw it yesterday and it made me lol at the office...I know I probably have a sick sense of humour and if it offends anyone let one of the moderators know and they can take it down....

note it is disturbing to me...but funny...again I know weird I am

imagesCAGULLBQ_zps0e19baae.jpg

It actually reminds me of something my brother did to a pic of mine ...he erased my mouth...told me if only he could do it irl...
  • Neonbeige
    Neonbeige Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    OMG, japp, it´s disturbing but :laugh:

A questions to the girls training at home. Do you all have olympic barbells? The "normal" ones are much cheaper here and in the end I can load them with higher weights or is this a stupid idea? Lately there´s so much stuff going on that keeps me from going to the gym at my normal times and after work I can´t go anymore. Plus since we have the camping site now we will be there most weekends, which means no time for the gym as well. But if I had the stuff at home I could train sunday evening and it still would fit my schedule...
  • katro111
    katro111 Posts: 632 Member
    Options
    OMG, Stef, that gif... I'm dying!! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • katro111
    katro111 Posts: 632 Member
    Options

A questions to the girls training at home. Do you all have olympic barbells? The "normal" ones are much cheaper here and in the end I can load them with higher weights or is this a stupid idea? Lately there´s so much stuff going on that keeps me from going to the gym at my normal times and after work I can´t go anymore. Plus since we have the camping site now we will be there most weekends, which means no time for the gym as well. But if I had the stuff at home I could train sunday evening and it still would fit my schedule...
    I'm only just starting to accumulate my home gym, so all I have is a set of plates, but I'm going to get an olympic bar next month. I'm going to check out CraigsList and the local used sporting goods store first, but if all else fails I can get a brand new one on Amazon for $63: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B002OOYINA/ref=gno_cart_title_2?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=ATVPDKIKX0DER
  • krokador
    krokador Posts: 1,794 Member
    Options

A standard bar will work if that's what you can get your hands on. It's just lighter, and smaller, really. And will handle less weight in the long run (but I doubt you'll be going up above 300-400lbs for a while, right?). Typically though the hole on the plates may not be the same so if you get plates and get an oly bar later on they might not fit.
  • Neonbeige
    Options
    Thanks for your thoughts. Yes, I was thinking about the fact that a non-olympic bar will be lighter and has a bigger circumstance...But you're right, krokador, I will not lift that heavy that fast. On the other hand, my man could also use it...

@katro I also checked amazon, but I live in germany and they are much more expensive here it seems... About 139€ was the cheapest I could find.. Without any plates oO And I don't even have a ra k.

But in the end, my gym membership will end in about 8 months and costs me 65€/ month - the home gym seems like a good investment

By the way, I laughed about 10 minutes about this... At home... Alone

How+I+see+my+Family+-_e26ea8_3254829.jpg
  • Neonbeige
    Options
    Nooo problem :-) thanks for the link. I checked it, but shipping and taxes will be this:
    US $101,02
    US $30,74

Dafuq?

I keep on checking on used stuff and ebay as well :-)
  • jcdoerr
    jcdoerr Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    OMG, Stef, that gif... I'm dying!! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

I think what's freaking me out the most is the giant man boobs for eyeballs...just, wow.

I work out at home and love the flexibility it adds to my schedule, and Sunday workouts are great (as long as I don't have too much fun on Saturday night!). I bought one of those sort of pre-packaged sets of weights at my local sporting goods store because it came with the olympic bar included. It's crazy how much they sell just the bar by itself for...was much cheaper in the long run just to get the whole kit at once.
  • redheadmommy
    redheadmommy Posts: 908 Member
    Options
  • SezxyStef
    Options

AMG I love it...how do I miss these..

actually had a funny last night...would make an excellant gif to post there if I had gotten a pic of it..

I was squatting and one of my cats...ironically named phatty (he's over 20lbs) decided it would be a good time to rub himself on me...right as I was almost ATG...

Do you know how hard it is to keep form in check when you got a fat cat under your *kitten* rubbing...:laugh:

He's luck I didn't fall on him....
  • krokador
    krokador Posts: 1,794 Member
    Options

AMG I love it...how do I miss these..

actually had a funny last night...would make an excellant gif to post there if I had gotten a pic of it..

I was squatting and one of my cats...ironically named phatty (he's over 20lbs) decided it would be a good time to rub himself on me...right as I was almost ATG...

Do you know how hard it is to keep form in check when you got a fat cat under your *kitten* rubbing...:laugh:

He's luck I didn't fall on him....

Try holding a 1 leg balance pose in yoga when the cat decides to nudge your one contact point with the ground! Seriously, I can't lay on the ground here. I become a cat magnet xD They be all like "Are you okay mommy?". It can get dangerous when I play DDR!
  • SezxyStef
    Options
    So...I have this thing going on...friggen bruises on my shoulder blades from benching...no joke...

Not trying to scare anyone but holy crap...

278eeae3-e648-4d27-bec5-b5915d4acf96_zps41a0d80e.jpg
    This is my left shoulder blade...my right is bruised as well but not as bad...think it's cause I am left handed...

Who would have thought????

edit to resize pic...the bruise is right beside my tat
  • jstout365
    jstout365 Posts: 1,686 Member
    Options
    Stef, yeah, I would look at the bench to see if you can add padding or something. Those don't look fun at all.
  • rlw911
    rlw911 Posts: 475 Member
    Options
    Ouch!
  • DianeinCA
    DianeinCA Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    That bruise is no bueno. I would look into a bench cover or something. Do you feel it hitting that spot harder when you're working out?
  • hananah89
    hananah89 Posts: 692 Member
    Options
    So now that I accepted a verbal offer for a new job with a longer commute (already had resigned lease for the year so I'm not moving until that's up next April) I have to look for a new gym. Working for the university allowed me rather cheap access to the student gyms and I've never had to gym shop before!

I found one close to the new office that seems to have decent free weights based on pictures and has locker rooms so I could go before work or during lunch. I'm just not sure if there is a catch...other than they seem to be fans of PTs and their smoothie bar, both of which I could care less for. Also then I couldn't use the gym on the weekends since its near work and not home.

hmm I thought deciding on taking the offer was my hardest decision of the week!
  • lwoodroff
    lwoodroff Posts: 1,431 Member
    Options
    congrats on the job!!
  • SezxyStef
    Options
    Congrats on the job yah...

Yah looking for a gym wouldn't be fun...I have one choice...or home...easy choice...free vs 120$ a month (24hour gym)
  • hananah89
    hananah89 Posts: 692 Member
    Options
    Thanks yall, I'd consider a home gym if only I didn't live in a 3rd floor apt where every deadlift would rattle my neighbors! haha There are at least a lot of options, just have to find one with the power racks and equipment I want for a price that won't rob me.