C25K

Options

Replies

• LaraeTX
    LaraeTX Posts: 672 Member
    Options
    Since I accidentally skipped w1d3 the other day. I backtracked and did it today. Felt awesome and had negative splits. 12:42 average. 2.33 miles.
  • G_RRR
    G_RRR Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Congrats to all of you! today was day 2 week 5 for me, jogging for 8 minutes was good, I don't mind if I'm slow, I only want to finish the jogging time feeling good! :smile:
    Also feel free to add me as a friend!
  • LaraeTX
    Options
    Congrats to all of you! today was day 2 week 5 for me, jogging for 8 minutes was good, I don't mind if I'm slow, I only want to finish the jogging time feeling good! :smile:
    Also feel free to add me as a friend!

Friend request sent..Great job
  • blondie__0x
    blondie__0x Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Finished W5D3 20 minute jog today. It felt awesome to complete it! Thankful that the weather held up, too.
    Have a great weekend everyone!
  • Laughter_Girl
    Laughter_Girl Posts: 2,226 Member
    Options
    Completed W6D3 yesterday. It started to drizzle a bit, and the old me would have high-tailed it back home. But the new me did not. I put my hood on and prayed that it wouldn't actually begin raining hard. Thankfully, God answered my prayer. :smile:

TerryEden, sounds like your moving faster than me. You go!!! I definitely plan to work on my speed. My first 5K is not until Sept so I have time.

Wishing my fellow runners all the best next week!
  • LaraeTX
    Options
    Even though I've only been doing the program for 2 weeks, I finished another 5k today. Like I said before I'm not new to running, just needed a program to follow for a kick in the butt. I had a pretty good race, average pace was 11:35. Total time was 35:53. I'm doing a challenge on MFP that starts Monday and is 12 weeks long. I have set a goal to get my 5k time at or under 32 minutes. My best ever is 32:09.
  • TerryEden
    TerryEden Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    Congrats to all of you again!

Did W7D1 today. Felt good.
  • Laughter_Girl
    Options
    I completed W7D1, and I feel good too! I calculated my time, and it takes me 17 minutes to run a mile. I've definitely got to work on my time, but I'm actually quite pleased with myself.
  • G_RRR
    Options
    way to go guys! I completed W5D3 !!:bigsmile: and one hour of yoga in the park, loved it too!
  • blondie__0x
    Options
    new week- finished W6D1!
  • LaraeTX
    Options
    new week- finished W6D1!

Way to go!! I'm supposed to be doing w2d2 today, but we have heavy thunderstorms in store for us. I really hate the treadmill, but may have to do it.
  • jlm0710
    jlm0710 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I just finished W5D2. It felt Ok. Not as good as I do with morning runs, but that is alright. I completed it. Wednesday will be my 20 min run. I am feeling confident. On W5D1 I ran for 13 min straight and it felt good. It started to rain pretty heavy that day during my run so I didn't walk in between my runs.
  • socajam
    socajam Posts: 2,530 Member
    Options
    Started C25K this morning. What can I say, it was not bad, started off really good, but towards the end all I wanted to hear was start a brisk walk now.

I was a lot faster at the beginning, towards the end I was a lot slower. Guess over time, this change.
  • Laughter_Girl
    Options
    Congrats to those working so hard! I hope you all are falling in love with running -well, jogging- like I am. I never would have thought it. :smile:

W7D2 is complete. I'm really looking forward to preparing for my 1st 5K. I'm planning to kick booty!
  • TerryEden
    TerryEden Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    Congrats to everyone! Y'all are doing great!

Finished W7D2... felt real good!
  • blondie__0x
    Options
    Congrats to those working so hard! I hope you all are falling in love with running -well, jogging- like I am. I never would have thought it. :smile:

W7D2 is complete. I'm really looking forward to preparing for my 1st 5K. I'm planning to kick booty!

Wow! Congrats on your first 5K! I'm still not there yet but I would like to one day!
    & I agree, I'm really starting to appreciate jogging more. I love that 'me' time during the morning jog.
    Finished W6D2 today.
  • JGilchrist23
    JGilchrist23 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    W6D3 completed and then some, felt good at 25mins so kept going to run the full 30mins, yeah me!!! I am desperately slow but if you had told me 4 weeks ago I would have just done 30mins non-stop, I would have laughed in your face. So happy!!! Now I need to try and do it in less than 40 mins......
  • jlm0710
    jlm0710 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I just completed W5D3. It felt good. Once I got into my rhythm it seemed to go fine. I knew I could run more so I ran the whole 5 min cool down and then did a 6 min cool down. I feel very accomplished and excited to continue on with the program!

Congratulations to all of you, too. Yay to all of us for our perseverance and determination!!!!
  • LaraeTX
    Options
    W2D2 completed tonight, 2.3 miles, then did 30 minutes of walking for an additional 1.88 miles. What a perfect evening!!
  • G_RRR
    Options
    congrats to all of you!! today was week 6 day 2... loved this amount of walking and running!