C25K

Options

Replies

• ravikrishna
    ravikrishna Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Hi,

Last year I was regularly on it, but then lost touch. Last week, I downloaded again, this time to make it more serious.

One thing I wanted to know is, is anyone doing this program daily or just 3 days/week as mentioned?

Since, I'm in Obese category, I wanted to know, if running daily, would cause any injury to legs or not?

Thanks,
    Kris
  • LaraeTX
    LaraeTX Posts: 672 Member
    Options
    Hi,

Last year I was regularly on it, but then lost touch. Last week, I downloaded again, this time to make it more serious.

One thing I wanted to know is, is anyone doing this program daily or just 3 days/week as mentioned?

Since, I'm in Obese category, I wanted to know, if running daily, would cause any injury to legs or not?

Thanks,
    Kris

If you are fairly new to running I definitely wouldn't suggest doing it every day. The way I've been doing it is every other day. (Except today because i did 2 days in a row due to schedule). And I was dragging butt today.
  • LaraeTX
    Options
    W2d3 done!! Didn't cover S much ground as I did yesterday...probably because I did it 2 days in a row.
  • Laughter_Girl
    Laughter_Girl Posts: 2,226 Member
    Options
    Congrats to all of you! I just completed W7D3, and I am pumped. I'm curious as to how running more will increase my time, but I'll just have to wait and see.

Kris, welcome! I'm not a running expert, but everything I've read suggest NOT running more frequently when you are new at it. Apparently, you can experience injuries. A fitness instructor recommended lifting weights to help lose the weight. I try to do weight training on the days I don't run. Wishing you all the best!
  • Goal179
    Goal179 Posts: 314 Member
    Options
    So tell me, did you have difficulty with the first few weeks? I am finding that week 3 is really hard for me. My legs just get sooo sore as well as my shins.
  • ravikrishna
    Options
    Congrats to all of you! I just completed W7D3, and I am pumped. I'm curious as to how running more will increase my time, but I'll just have to wait and see.

Kris, welcome! I'm not a running expert, but everything I've read suggest NOT running more frequently when you are new at it. Apparently, you can experience injuries. A fitness instructor recommended lifting weights to help lose the weight. I try to do weight training on the days I don't run. Wishing you all the best!

Thanks a lot. In fact, back in India (few months ago) I was regularly doing heavy cardio (on treadmill for 45-60 mins) but then, the time I moved to Paris, i just stopped it. Became a bit lazy.. :-)

You're right. I'll take it bit slowly initially, but then, now I started directly with W5D1 and it was good. I didnt feel any difficulty at all. So, tomorrow would be my W5D2. For me the prblem here in Paris is, difficulty in going to gym. Its hard to find a good gym with a reasonable price. So, i'm unable to do strength training and only resting on "Calorie deficit" & "Cardio" for fat loss.
  • ravikrishna
    Options
    So tell me, did you have difficulty with the first few weeks? I am finding that week 3 is really hard for me. My legs just get sooo sore as well as my shins.

Yeah ofcourse, and it mostly depends on the individuals (if they are too obese or not), but overall, yeah, we too have sore legs and shins too. But, consistently, they just fade off. Good luck :)
  • ravikrishna
    Options
    If you are fairly new to running I definitely wouldn't suggest doing it every day. The way I've been doing it is every other day. (Except today because i did 2 days in a row due to schedule). And I was dragging butt today.

Thank you. I got a gap of few months in between, before which, I used to do good cardio, with treadmill running and jumping jacks. But then, its been around 4 months, i didnt do anything and just started couple of days before.

So, i will take it slowly (not to injure myself) and then may be increase.
  • ravikrishna
    Options
    Is there anyone out there, who's from Paris (Puteaux)?

I would like to join in doing some group jogging/running.
  • blondie__0x
    blondie__0x Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Finished W6D3 today. Glad I got it in before the rain (expected later today).
    Have a great weekend everyone!
  • socajam
    socajam Posts: 2,530 Member
    Options
    W1D3 tomorrow. I am really slow, keep wondering if I will ever get faster.
  • LaraeTX
    Options
    W1D3 tomorrow. I am really slow, keep wondering if I will ever get faster.

I wouldn't worry about being slow. Personally I think there are far more slow runners than fast ones. Concentrate on having fun, being "in the moment" and proud of your accomplishments. Great job!
  • Laughter_Girl
    Laughter_Girl Posts: 2,226 Member
    Options
    Just completed W8D1. I feel a little bad because I didn't jog the entire time. Is it because my legs couldn't go that long, or because my breathing was out of whack? Hecks no! The reason why I was forced to walk almost half of my jog time is due to the strong urge to urinate. The pressure was just too much for my bladder. I'll plan to do the full time plus some on Tue.
  • G_RRR
    G_RRR Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    week 6 day 3 done! :happy: and the next 2 weeks no more walking intervals :grumble: ...congratulations to all of you, let's finish this program!!!
  • LaraeTX
    Options
    I had time, felt motivated, and had energy so I actually knocked out 2 c25k workouts. Didn't w3d1 and w3d2. Felt awesome!
  • jlm0710
    jlm0710 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Yesterday I completed W6D2. That was my last one with any walking intervals. I am almost glad though, because I felt like the 3 min walk between the 10 min runs was more annoying than helpful. Let's finish this program!!!!

I am feeling very confident about this! Yay!
  • blondie__0x
    blondie__0x Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Completed W7D1 today; can't believe there's only two more weeks left.
    It seriously flew by! Anyone else think so?
    I don't want it to end!
  • LaraeTX
    Options
    Completed W7D1 today; can't believe there's only two more weeks left.
    It seriously flew by! Anyone else think so?
    I don't want it to end!

I'm only in week 3 but also think it's home fast. Don't let it end, go right into couch to 10 k
  • TerryEden
    TerryEden Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    Congratulations to all you runners.

Last night I did W8D1... It went well. Felt good.

Keep going, everyone. Don't worry about your pace. Good luck!
  • G_RRR
    G_RRR Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    This morning was W7D1 and yes, I do not want it to end LOL I enjoyed the walking/jogging weeks and now it is all running but it's amazing how the body can adjust!
    Good job everyone!!