Daily Check In Thread

Options

Replies

• MeanderingMammal
    MeanderingMammal Posts: 7,866 Member
    Options
    Week 1 day 3! For those who have been through it already, should week 1 feel pretty easy before you move on?

No, just keep moving forward. If you're finding a run portion too difficult then frequently slowing your pace should help.
  • Andiebeanluvsu
    Andiebeanluvsu Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    W7D3 done!! Only three more runs to go! I can't even believe I can run 25 minutes now without stopping. I NEVER thought I'd ever be capable of that, and I'm so proud of myself for not giving up (even when it got tough). Keep going, everyone!! You can do this!!!
  • sappy42
    sappy42 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    W8D1...have to keep working on my breathing, but other than that I'm getting through! Included my hill again but the second lap of it I really had to focus. Can't believe I have only 5 sessions left before I graduate!
  • angf0679
    angf0679 Posts: 1,120 Member
    Options
    W3D3 done!!! So happy I was able to get my run in tonight. I wasn't sure the weather would let me but the rain stopped and I was able to get out.
    I can't really report if my back is doing better after running as my back has been bothering me all day. I did to much yesterday and when that happens it bothers my back. Oh well. I'm just glad I got my run in.
  • smikeykt
    smikeykt Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    W1D1 done today. This is my second attempt as I started the programme a month ago and did the first week, without thinking about the fact I was having an eye operation a week later that would prevent me from exercising for a while!
    But back on it now with no excuses :)
  • christianteach
    christianteach Posts: 593 Member
    Options
    W1D1 done today. This is my second attempt as I started the programme a month ago and did the first week, without thinking about the fact I was having an eye operation a week later that would prevent me from exercising for a while!
    But back on it now with no excuses :)

I just completed W1D2. We are going on a cruise in 20 days. My plan is to try to do it on the ship. I usually start out working out on our first sea day and then never go back to the gym. Anyway, we are both just beginning.
  • michielyn
    michielyn Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    I was wrong on my last check in, it was W4D3, oops! But I have not run since last Wednesday, and I am starting to go crazy. I get to go tomorrow and I never thought I'd be this happy to run!
    Week 1 day 3! For those who have been through it already, should week 1 feel pretty easy before you move on?

No, just keep moving forward. If you're finding a run portion too difficult then frequently slowing your pace should help.

Agree. I pretty much question every week if I should move forward because it was hard, but then the next week I manage.
  • MeanderingMammal
    Options

Agree. I pretty much question every week if I should move forward because it was hard, but then the next week I manage.

The issue of challenge and being able to work through it came to me when I was out this morning. I was due a 14km steady paced session, but took a wrong turning at about 11km so ended up running 17 instead.

The ability to work through the discomfort, and there was plenty by the time I realised, is something that's built up since I was doing C25K over a year ago. Pushing out those extra 30 seconds on week 2 built up the capacity to keep going.

It was welcome this morning.
  • marinadanielle
    marinadanielle Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    Woooo! Another run completed yesterday morning. I did W2D3 and while it was tough, once I stopped thinking about how long I had until I could walk, it wasn't so bad. I was wondering if anyone would be willing to offer any insight though! I did week 2 almost twice (5 days total, wanted to do 6 but i just had no motivation on Wednesday), and it looked something like:

5/28: W2D1
    5/30: W2D2
    6/6: W2D2 Repeat
    6/9: W2D2 Repeat again
    6/14: W2D3

Since I spread Week 2 over almost a 3 week period of time instead of doing them close together, and since it's still a bit of a challenge, should I redo a couple more days or just move on the Week 3?
  • MeanderingMammal
    Options
    ... and since it's still a bit of a challenge, should I redo a couple more days or just move on the Week 3?

read the last few posts about dealing with challenge, then move on...
  • marinadanielle
    marinadanielle Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    ... and since it's still a bit of a challenge, should I redo a couple more days or just move on the Week 3?

read the last few posts about dealing with challenge, then move on...

Whoops! Didn't see those last couple of posts. I feel dumb now! I'll definitely be doing W3D1 tomorrow!
  • wheelinqueen
    wheelinqueen Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Been a while since I have checked in with this group. :)

I just cleared W5D1 Yesterday during my first 5k Race. I ran Sierra's Race in Loveland, CO. It was wonderful outside with a slight breeze that helped keep it cool with the sun being out.

I was pumped to do it and my last 5k time was 41:58 (I usually just run with my dog around my neighborhood and I use RunKeeper to track my pace and distance). I finished Sierra's race in 37 flat. I had a huge smile on my face as I crossed the finish line knowing that I finished nearly 5 mins under my old time. I am so PSYCHED to run another race and continue with my C25K program to hopefully be able to run all the way through.

This has become addictive!
  • michielyn
    michielyn Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    The issue of challenge and being able to work through it came to me when I was out this morning. I was due a 14km steady paced session, but took a wrong turning at about 11km so ended up running 17 instead.

The ability to work through the discomfort, and there was plenty by the time I realised, is something that's built up since I was doing C25K over a year ago. Pushing out those extra 30 seconds on week 2 built up the capacity to keep going.

Great job! It's so exciting to see the endurance changes.
  • acidstained
    acidstained Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Week 9, Day 3 tonight. I have come to the end of my C25k journey. Found out I'm running between 13:40 and 13:45 per mile, so hopefully I'll be able to get under 13 minutes per mile before my first race. Just wanted to say thanks to everyone for all their support and kind words. Best of luck to all of you.
  • kristinwesterfield
    kristinwesterfield Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Week 2, day 1! Finished... Phew not easy
  • kristinwesterfield
    Options

Not necessarily... I just made a rule that, challenging or not, as long as I completed the run as written without stopping, I would advance to the next level. You'd be surprised how quickly your body adapts. I have one week left after tomorrow, and while I have just BARELY completed several levels along the way, I haven't had to repeat any weeks so far.

Thanks, that is a great rule! After finishing week 2 day 1 today, I'm so tempted to go back to week 1 and get better first, but I did finish it as written! So onward we go!
  • kristinwesterfield
    Options
    Thanks for the great advice and motivation, all!

• christianteach
    christianteach Posts: 593 Member
    Options
    Week 9, Day 3 tonight. I have come to the end of my C25k journey.

Well done! Congrats!!
  • angf0679
    angf0679 Posts: 1,120 Member
    Options
    I hope to get Week 4 in this week, but my schedule this week is so insane it's going to be hard fitting it in. After all I do need sleep sometime. Coffee can only do so much.
  • kellypence
    kellypence Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    Finished W5D3 this morning, and feel amazing!!!! Even went to sleep last night excited that I was going to run this morning. It's awesome. Have a great week all, and keep pushing hard!