JMBR - workouts

Options

Replies

• dwhitney207
    dwhitney207 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    My weight is still doing crazy things now that I'm back in week 2 of phase 2 (i took a couple weeks off in between the two phases due to illness and the water weight from phase 1 went away). Of course it's also my TOM so I'm trying not to think about it too much. And I think I've lost an inch in my waist and hips assuming I am measuring in the same spots as I did before starting all this. It's been so long since I took measurements I can't be sure! I definitely feel better and stronger...just wish these water weight fluctuations would go away for good! I'll definitely complete the entire DVD set, but I might switch to something like T25 after this since it is more cardio-based and less intense weight training to see if that helps.

On the bright side, I noticed a big difference in my push ups in WO 5 last night!
  • jodios528
    jodios528 Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    So I'm now in week 6 and was hoping that WO 5 & 6 would feel a bit easier...but no such luck. I'm getting a bit nervous about starting with WO 7 & 8 next week if I'm still feeling like by heart is going to jump out of my chest just doing 5 & 6. I guess I'll just have to wait to see if I can handle it.
    On the NSV front, I've had a couple of people say I look trimmer - whoooo hoooo. I'm also feeling stronger so all is good (even if JM nearly kills me everyday).

I'm hearing "push it people....lets go lets go" in my dreams - what does that mean :laugh: :laugh:
  • dwhitney207
    Options
    So I'm now in week 6 and was hoping that WO 5 & 6 would feel a bit easier...but no such luck. I'm getting a bit nervous about starting with WO 7 & 8 next week if I'm still feeling like by heart is going to jump out of my chest just doing 5 & 6. I guess I'll just have to wait to see if I can handle it.
    On the NSV front, I've had a couple of people say I look trimmer - whoooo hoooo. I'm also feeling stronger so all is good (even if JM nearly kills me everyday).

I'm hearing "push it people....lets go lets go" in my dreams - what does that mean :laugh: :laugh:

Maybe 7 & 8 won't be much more difficult -- just different!
  • singallagher
    singallagher Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    I did WO7 and 8 for the first time today and yesterday.
    Holy crap 7 is tough. Its a full circuit of planks and horrible push ups.
    My arms and shoulders were bursting at the end. Last circuit is ok though.

WO8 isnt so bad except for the warrior 3 pose with weights.
    Honestly I don't think I could lift 2 teaspoons in that pose never mind two weights :blushing:
    At least I know what to expect for the next two weeks.
    This is the first time that my arms and back are sore though so I guess its certainly more challenging.
    Keep going everyone :flowerforyou:
  • dwhitney207
    Options
    I did WO7 and 8 for the first time today and yesterday.
    Holy crap 7 is tough. Its a full circuit of planks and horrible push ups.
    My arms and shoulders were bursting at the end. Last circuit is ok though.

WO8 isnt so bad except for the warrior 3 pose with weights.
    Honestly I don't think I could lift 2 teaspoons in that pose never mind two weights :blushing:
    At least I know what to expect for the next two weeks.
    This is the first time that my arms and back are sore though so I guess its certainly more challenging.
    Keep going everyone :flowerforyou:

Thanks for the head's up! WO6 done for the night.
  • Mariachicat
    Mariachicat Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    I'm doing JMBR workouts in my apartment where my downstairs neighbor is a pain about me jumping so I'm modifying it and making up for cardio by running outside every night and doing the mat work and lifting parts. I do the lunges and even some of the plyometric moves & whatnot, I just don't come down that hard. I scream to this workout, but in a good way.

That said...I enjoyed the workouts and feel like they're going to be very effective. I'm going through it faster than I should because my routine just has me doing 1 hour of cardio, 1 hour of circuit training daily...and I usually pick one or two JM workouts for that.

Phase 2 was hard. I don't have the cable so I'm making up for it with form and weights. I feel like I might go backwards and do some of her Phase 1 workouts again.
  • WordWhimsy
    WordWhimsy Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    Starting on MONDAY!
  • hanzbi
    hanzbi Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    I finished Week 1 today -- YAYYY!! So happy to see everyone's progress...it really motivates us newbies. Keep it up!
  • jodios528
    Options
    I'm off schedule thanks to a trip to LA. We had a nice break in the weather and the flood waters had finally receded off the bike path so did a bike ride as my cardio. Will do my last WO 5 and 6 and then move on to 7&8 at the end of the week. Feels weird to be switching mid week . Hope everyone is hanging in there!
  • pisces3
    pisces3 Posts: 27
    Options
    I just finished up week 2 and am moving on to week 3 today. So far, so good.

I was wondering if anyone would want to split out post topics by phase, so we can chat with those close to the same place as us in JMBR? I have a feeling this thread will get pretty long in a few more weeks. :)
  • jodios528
    Options
    After a bit of a break due to travel (although did get in cardio and yoga) I did my last WO 5...it finally felt manageable -phewwwww.

Re: Julie's request...If you have a preference let us know and I can create new threads for each phase. We've had a lot of folks introduce themselves but not as many posting on this workout thread - at least yet.

Hope everyone's week is off to a good start
  • MarjorieDawes57
    MarjorieDawes57 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! I've just started Week 1. I didn't think workout 1 was too bad yesterday, but oh my goodness, was I sore this morning! It's quite deceptive in its intensity isn't it! I completed workout 2 this morning, which I'm sure I'll be feeling the effects of tomorrow! I seem to be really un co-ordinated, with some of the moves, but I guess as long as I keep moving, it's doing some good! I'm looking forward to the cardio tomorrow, to give the old muscles a chance to recover! :happy:
  • WordWhimsy
    WordWhimsy Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    I didn't think workout 1 was too bad either. But I'm sure it will be kicking my butt in no time! Actually I was almost a little surprised that it was over so soon, not that I'm complaining!
  • soapyskin
    soapyskin Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I decided to double up the work outs like she suggests in the 7 Day Kickstart Plan - I'm following her diet to the best of my ability (with the exception of caffeine suggestions, heh) as well. Yesterday I did Cardio 1 followed by Workout 1, and tonight I plan on doubling up again. I was going to try to knock out the Cardio this morning before work, but my mind was all about sitting with a cup of coffee instead.

I noticed ... everytime she tells Ken to "don't dare fall!" during the plank, I always feel like falling, haha. Love Workout 1, though. I feel like Phase 1 really helps condition balance.
  • Lynn1315
    Lynn1315 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I was shocked to find out that there was NOT a gym at the hotel! I would have been able to do the JMBR workshouts in my hotel room, but I forgot my portable DVD player. I got my exercise in through walks and one or our conference attendees did a "bootcamp" workout once during the conference. that was fun. I was doing great on the first & second workouts.. then I got the stomach bug, so I had to take yesterday and today off.

Tomorrow, I should be feeling 100% and will move on and be ready to push through. My hubby is going to do the program with me... which is kinda exciting. He doesn't need to lose any weight, but just wants to be supportive. He's one of those guys that can eat anything and not gain a pound.. he also has a really active job, which makes a huge difference.

Lynn
  • dwhitney207
    Options
    I'm doing an additional week with workouts 5 and 6 since I'm not feeling so great this week. I'll do 7 and 8 the following two weeks then I'll rotate cardio1 and 2 while I'm at the beach for a week. Phase 3 will start when I get back from vacation!

Hope everyone is doing well! Seems like we're all making progress.
  • Mariachicat
    Mariachicat Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    I just finished 7 & 8! Had to modify some of the plyometric stuff due to my downstairs neighbor but...wow.
    The jackknife crunches and walking planks were very intense. I just tried to keep it moving through the circuits and gulp down water constantly.
  • MarjorieDawes57
    Options
    Well that's Cardio 1 in the bag! I am soooo out of shape! I thought today might be a bit of a rest day, but obviously, these being Jillian DVD's, I should have known better! I'm really enjoying the workouts though, as I have so much more energy throughout the day. Back to work out 1 again tomorrow and in a strange way, I'm looking forward to it! :happy:
  • MarjorieDawes57
    Options
    Work out 1 completed again this morning :smile: It wasn't too bad, although my arms feel like jelly now! How is everyone else getting on? I'm thinking of adding more stretches at the end of the workout, as I'm still quite stiff and sore from the previous workouts. I know that this is the 'easy' phase of the program, but it still feels quite challenging. I'm noticing that there's less 'jiggle' in my arms, so that's keeping me going! Have a great day, everyone! :happy:
  • pisces3
    pisces3 Posts: 27
    Options
    I'm on workouts 3 & 4 and so far so good. I thought 3 was harder than 4, but I have stability issues with my right leg due to a past injury. I just do the best I can. I am sweating more than I did with 1 & 2 for sure and like the variation of changing this up.

I don't particularly care for the plank to lunge and raise your arms up straight in the air move in workout 3, but otherwise, I'm really enjoying the workouts.