Check-ins

Options

Replies

• Abobo08
    Abobo08 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Tonight, I failed to some degree bc I didn't stop myself from eating when I was full but I didn't overdo it either. I also wasn't eating out of boredom (my weakness and bad habit); I followed a new recipe for a black bean and corn burger that was soooooooo delicious, I had an extra patty! But no post-dinner snacking for me - yay!

How's everyone holding up? I've made the list a little smaller based on those who check-in more regularly, if you know any of the people in the next group, find them and get them back on here...the more motivation we get, the better we all do, right?!?

Here are the latest check-ins:

8 days: Bo
    6 days: rlstepp29
    5 days: jhloves2kni
    5 days: jafray4
    6 days: gxmiller31
    5 days: sispry1
    4 days: kitten349
    3 days: spogna
    1 day: monique3677
    ??? start over or 2 days: equallyyoked

"EAT ONLY WHEN YOU'RE HUNGRY, CHECK-IN OFTEN, BE GENTLE WITH YOURSELVES!"

Miss you guys! Come back and join our challenge!

?: hungry_annie
    ?: dankas001
    ?: belle_reve9
    ?: loanaevans
    ?: miniapplecoco
    ?: markthebark
    ?: IvorEdward
    ?: Sarah_SweetPe
    ?: bblumenberg
    ?: jrsygirl109
    ?: mshea62
    ?: princessaclar
    ?: HeidicooksSup
    ?: tashatp22
    ?: queenkori t
    ?: hanan20142015
    ?: kornishpiskie
    ?: smooch
  • _Clarana_
    _Clarana_ Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    I'm so happy to have found this group - night eating is my MAJOR pitfall. Best of luck everyone.
  • rlstepp29
    rlstepp29 Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    Well, I'm going to count last night (6-21-14) as a fail and start over again tonight. I did eat out of boredom. However, on the plus side, I did stop myself before it got out of control. Anyway.... since I ended up eating more than I had planned AND it was late at night....I'm going to start over fresh today. Before joining this group, I would have completely given up and 1 bad night would have turned into several bad nights. Now I'm just going to recognize the set back and move forward! Thanks everyone!!!

@anamonacc: Welcome to the group! :smile:
  • Gilly349
    Gilly349 Posts: 28
    Options
    Checking in tonight. I have enough calories left for a guilt free fruit snack too. Hope everyone is ok and on track :smile:
  • slspry1
    slspry1 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    night 6 completed
  • Abobo08
    Options
    @rlstepp & everyone: I think it will take us more than 21 days to actually hit 21 consecutive days of breaking a habit we've been doing for a very very looooooong time. The key is getting back on by being gentle with ourselves and not punishing ourselves for lapsing into an old habit. So my hats off to you rlstepp.

My hubby and I are going away to the beach for a few days so I told him to bring no snacks! Or hide them from me. I plan on taking advantage of the atmosphere and working out more rather than "rewarding" myself by eating mindlessly.

9 days: Bo
    6 days: sispry1
    5 days: jhloves2kni
    5 days: jafray4
    5 days: kitten349
    1 day: rlstepp29

• jafray4
    jafray4 Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    I will officially check-in this morning because oh my tonight is hard. Partly because I'm hungry but mostly because I just want to eat!!! I am going to make it. I just keep telling myself. I can do it!!!! I can do it!!!
  • jhloves2knit
    jhloves2knit Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    I forgot to check in last night. I'm still on the wagon and doing OK tonight. I think that makes six days through Saturday. Yea!!!
  • Abobo08
    Options
    Ok jafray, you're my inspiration. You go to the river and successfully make it through, I'm going to the beach and I'm gonna make it through! I want to hit the 2 week mark!!!!!

I can't wait to check on tomorrow's thread cause there will be 4 more folks joining the 1 week mark club!! woot! woot!:drinker:

I didn't eat dinner tonight since I didn't actually feel hungry till 10pm & that was too late to eat. I did drink tons of water and like 6oz of kefir. Going to bed a bit hungry ain't gonna kill me!

9 days: Bo
    6 days: sispry1
    6 days: jhloves2kni
    6 days: jafray4

• slspry1
    slspry1 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    night 7 done:smile:
  • rlstepp29
    rlstepp29 Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    Yippee! Made it through last night (June 22), so I'm back on the positive side.
    Day 1: Completed Successfully!:bigsmile:
  • gxmiller31
    gxmiller31 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Checking in with 7 days completed! 1 week- wouldn't have done it without help. Thank you all!

--G.
  • Abobo08
    Options
    Morning! And congrats GXMILLER & SISPRY for hitting your 1 week! 2 more weeks to go! :happy: :happy: :happy:

Have a good, strong day everyone!

10 days: Bo
    7 days: gxmiller31
    7 days: sispry1
    6 days: jhloves2kni
    6 days: jafray4
    new: anamonacc

• Abobo08
    Options
    @anamonacc: Welcome this is wonderful, supportive, strong group! I've added you to the roll call list...pls see below for more info or just ask! Glad you have found us!
    ****POST FOR NEWBIES*****

I know we're almost onto the 4th page here so to save you reading and scrolling time, here is how this thread basically works:

Goal: Establish what bad habit you are trying to break and stick to it for 3-weeks/21 days (the amount of time studies have shown it takes to break a bad habit)

Check-in/Accountability: Check in everyday onto the "Check-in" thread and report whether you were successful THE NIGHT BEFORE and what consecutive night# you have been successful. We're all trying to hit #21!

While we're shooting for 21 consecutive days, this forum can of course, take much longer as things will happen (stresses and whatnot) and we have to start over whenever we give in to our habit. Most of us here are eating an enormous amount after dinner when clearly, we are not hungry but are bored-eating, emotionally-eating, and most definitely, habitually-eating.

This will be a challenge. I cannot believe this is 6th consecutive night for me, but I would not have been able to do this if it weren't for the frequent check-ins and motivation I get from others. Eat only when you're hungry, Check-in often, Be gentle with yourselves!
  • jafray4
    Options
    Bo you can do it!!! I don't know how much inspiration I am because it was hard. And I don't know how I am going to make it on our vacation for the 4th of July for 10 days but with the help of this group I at least have some hope. I did yell at my hubby last night for snacking next to me while I was struggling so hard!!! He quickly stopped and put everything away lol
  • Gilly349
    Options
    I'm away at a 3 day conference and struggling with internet but going to try and check in still. Not snacking at night is easy as it is a late meal - through the day harder as there are Danish pastries at every turn! Bad news is I have list my fitbit too so can't log my steps either.
    Struggling to stay motivated. :sad:
  • equallyyoked
    equallyyoked Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I'm back!!! I have actually forgotten to check in. I have stopped eating after 8pm so this is (I think) day 3. I usually have more calories but if I eat overnight...who's counting?! So yeah, I will try to remember to check in and I hope that everyone will continue doing well. If you are not doing well, perhaps if would benefit you to cut yourself off a lot earlier to avoid unnecessary temptation? Let's do it, people!
  • equallyyoked
    equallyyoked Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I feel your pain. I was at a birthday thing yesterday with 2 choc desserts...thank God, that I made it!

On your breaks can you walk for like 15-20 min at a time at a very brisk pace maybe outside? I know you can't figure out your exact steps but you will feel good that you can figure out how many calories you burned under exercise here and then log it to stay motivated.

I was happy to find out that I can even log cooking dinner for 30 minutes. Hey...it's calories:)

You can do it!!!

P.s. maybe someone will turn in a lost fitbit at the desk?
  • Gilly349
    Options
    Thank you equallyyoked I know I've done lots of steps as the syndicate rooms are miles apart and a good brisk 2in walk between them so I'm trying to keep on my feet. Nothing at the desk yet though. I've been good and kept off the free flowing wine though and drunk lots if water so I've avoided temptation there. Off to sleep now though. Night all.
  • jafray4
    Options
    Day 7 done :) one week down. I did go get some Fro-yo with my boys tonight but I had planned it in my day yesterday. my hubby convicted them that would be better then a cake and no left overs hanging around. I was over by only 100 cal so not to bad for such a ruff start.