Introduce Yourself!

Options
123457»

Replies

• innocenceportrayed
    innocenceportrayed Posts: 569 Member
    Options
    Hey guys,

Ambyr here. I'm a 21(almost 22) year old college student from FL who has struggled for years with keeping my weight where I want it.

I haven't purchased 30 day shred yet, but I will soon.
    Be honest though, is it insane like P90X? Or is it easier? Or at least start out easier?
  • paynesmom
    Options
    Hello friends-
    Paynesmom here... I live in Wyoming. I am married with 3 kids. 12, 9 and 3 yrs old. I was always the skinny kid growing up. When I started having babies, I got hips and a tummy. With my 3rd baby, it turned the tummy into a roll. I recently (March '12) had stomach surgery (hernia repair and diastatis repair) and since then, my weight has gone through the roof. I'm not sure why that surgery kicked my butt so bad. But I woke up one morning and realized I was someone I didn't recognize. The final straw was getting asked about 3 weeks ago if I was expecting a boy or a girl. That did it for me!
    So, my sister bought me Jillian's 30 day shred. I have done it every day since 8/28 (i think) and I have lost 5 lbs. so far. My goal is to lose about 18 more.
    Good luck to you all!
  • Jesstruhan
    Jesstruhan Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    Hi Everyone! I'm Jessica. I did the August 30DS challenge group and liked it so much I'm going to keep it going as my regular activity. At least until I can do the alternating push-ups without using my knees. :-)

I like to run when I can, have about 10 more LBS to lose and want to buy a new wardrobe when it's all gone!

I'm unmarried, live with my boyfriend and his cousin, we have four cats between us and live in Portland, OR. :-) No kids, just kitties. Glad to meet everyone!
  • kemmysal
    kemmysal Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone.
    My name is Kemmy and I have just finished day 2. This is probably the 3rd time I have started Shred, (but I have never finished it) so I am really hoping to complete it this time!
    I plan to do it every day for the full 30 days - 10 days for each level. I also plan to keep doing my 45 - 60 mins cardio (spinning and zumba) and pilates 4 times a week as my doctor says I may need an extra cardio push to see any results :-(
    Hope to meet lots of new people! Feel free to add me as a friend and we can keep each other on track!
  • AnaVanessaS
    Options
    Congratulation everybody who lost weight! And keep working hard for those that like me started not along time ago.
    Hello my name is Vanessa I am 19 and I weight 74 kg I have never been happy with my weight, so now I think it is time to start. Today was my first time doing the 30 day shred and really doing my food plan exactly as I planed and my first day here on myfitnesspal.
    I need to tell you guys I am dead and I hope I don't feel really bad tomorrow I want to keep doing this! ´~
    Good luck to everyone :)
  • Rach2883
    Options
    Hi!! I'm Rachel and I'm 29. I've been teaching Zumba 3 times a week for a year now and recently cut my classes down to once a week. This is definitely not enough and since Zumba is mostly cardio, I really wanted to work on my toning (can't do a pushup to save my life). I am considering P90X, but wanted to start with something slightly less X. I came across 30DS and thought this would be perfect!

Day 1 on level 1 wasn't much of a challenge, so day 2 I bumped myself up to level 2. I was sweating like crazy and was super sore the next day! :) I think level 2 is perfect for me right now. I love that it's only 20 minutes. I'm so exhausted after work, but I force myself to do the 20 minutes and feel great afterward. I definitely feel like this is something I can commit to. I will do 30DS everyday, except the day I teach Zumba and one day when I just don't have the time. Day 4 today. :)

I just joined MFP and have never counted calories, but this looks like a great way to do so and I love the community aspect!

Good luck to everyone! :)

-Rach
  • Alioops831
    Alioops831 Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    Hi! I just started today. Great first workout! :)
  • mariaT29
    mariaT29 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Hi I'm Maria.. and I'm starting the 30 day shred this Thursday,along with the 3-2-1 slim fast program. my goal is 50 pound's so I'm eager to start. Is anybody else starting this week?
  • sureal
    sureal Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hello there, I just started officially yesterday to do the full thirty days straight through! Love Jillian as an instructor - so I am looking forward to it. Tonight I am taking all the 'before' measurements and I am eager to see what the results will be in a month from now. Here's to us!!! We can so do this! ;-)
  • mom2krm
    mom2krm Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone!
    I started the 30DS on Feb. 10 , so i am only 4 days into it but i love it! I need to stay motivated and make sure i do this everyday! I would love to add friends who are also on this journey!

5'2
    Starting Weight 153
    Current Weight 149
  • Candida1983
    Options
    I'm Candida. I'm 29 and a stay-at-home mother of 3. I just re-started the Shred yesterday after a year-long break of no diets and exercise. I gained 6 pounds in the last few months :sad: and obliterated my weight loss from before, so that and the fact that I am almost at the weight that I was in high school have motivated me to start everything again. It's my fault, but I'm owning up to it and taking action now. :smile:
  • skosior
    skosior Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi there, I'm Stacey! I am a 40 yo single mom from Moose Jaw, Sk. I and about 40 other women are doing the Game On challenge. I think I am the only one of the group who isn't using The Arbonne fit kit and just trying to get healthy and lose weight by eating real food! I did my first day of 30DS today. I've started before and never finished. Maybe this will be the trick!
  • HappilyRubina
    HappilyRubina Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone! I am Rubina. I need to lose approx 40 lbs. I have made two attempts at 30DS. once for 14 days and another for 4 days. But this time I'm gonna start it and finish it. Starting today, i.e 5th of April, 2013. If anybody else starting close enough, feel free to add me. Together, We can do this.. :smile:
  • erikacole
    erikacole Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone! I am Rubina. I need to lose approx 40 lbs. I have made two attempts at 30DS. once for 14 days and another for 4 days. But this time I'm gonna start it and finish it. Starting today, i.e 5th of April, 2013. If anybody else starting close enough, feel free to add me. Together, We can do this.. :smile:

Hi Rubina :) I am on day 6 of 30DS! Feel free to add :) Good luck!
  • juliewolf90
    juliewolf90 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    hello! im julie. im 23, a physical therapist assistant, and looking to lose 29 lbs. im incorporating jillian michaels 30 day shred in the morning and going to the gym at night. im from nj and like to hike on the weekends. anyone feel free to add me!

Julie
  • rockstargrad
    rockstargrad Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I'm gonna try 30DS again, feel free to add if you're starting as well!

5'2
    CW: 194lbs
    GW: 120lbs
  • gingermelv
    gingermelv Posts: 37
    Options
    Hi, I am Leigh and I live in Quarrier's Village, a little village near Glasgow in Scotland. I am 35 with 2 boys (Harry 5 and Thomas almost 2). I used to be really fit, swam, walked, went to the gym a lot but when I got pregnant with Harry I developed a sweet tooth and really embraced the whole pregnancy thing!!! I have lost some weight but have another 20lb to go to get to my ideal pre pregnancy weight. I really need support from you guys, Jillian and healthy eating to get there. I usually start really well and then life gets in the way after a week! :ohwell: :drinker: javascript:add_smiley('drinker','post_body')